Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

How do I start putting on make-up? I have never tried it before.

Ashley
      Lady

I have tried it once. Which only taught me what a big learning curve there is. Lipstick and eye shadow were easy enough for me, but I’m going to have to learn how to do some serious contouring if I’m ever going to even come close to concealing my manly facial features.

Hi Cynthia

I wear make up every day. I advise to start light. Maybe some BB cream (a light foundation)and eyeliner. Once you have mastered this add something else like eyeshadow, nail polish or mascara and keep going.

The main problem you will encounter is the sheer volume of different makeup types. It is confusing. It might be worth getting a lesson. Otherwise try searching for beginners makeup on the internet. And when the store assistant asks if you need help, say yes. Don’t just say your just looking. They are paid to make sales so will not care your male. I have found them nothing but helpful in getting the right colour to suit me. This especially goes for foundation.

Also everyone wants to go full face makeup straight away. But without the practice you will end looking like a clown. Also avoid the bold colours for now. These will come later once you have the confidence. I hope this helps

K Swim
      Lady

I don’t wear makeup.

Sorry, I know that’s not the answer you were looking for, but I just wanted to say it anyway.

Gwenn Liefde
      Baroness

Starting with Mascara and Lipstick is always a safe bet. Then you can move on to eyeshadow and blush. Then if you feel like you need it to foundation and concealer.  YouTube is a great resource for “How to” videos.

Gwenn Liefde
        Baroness

Also, Pinterest has alot of great little videos too. Plus your can easily save a makeup board to go back and review whenever you want.

Anonymous

Before you spend any large amount of money go to a makeup counter and get their advices as to colors etc.  You can even do this in male mode.  Particularly important for foundations as there are so many colors. Don be shy about it

i went in . Female mode and had a makeover.  First time out en fem ever and it was amazing  I wrote an article about it here under Advice and Encouragement

danielle
      Lady

I found the link, En Femme Style, which is actually at the bottom of this feed, to be very helpful. They give you tips and brands to look for/buy… They also give you pointers on how to apply it!  I had a professional makeover at a professional cross dressing store, and then tried the En Femme suggested products and tips and both outcomes were similar!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Dear Genetic Girls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?