Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So, the last time I brought up using Make Up with my wife we were having a few glasses of bubbly and she was all good about the idea and even offered to help me.

However when I asked her for help the other night as one of our Make Up stores was having a sale I got a less than enthusiastic response, although she dis say there is make up in the house that I could use first rather than buying anything new.

To my Surprise this morning before she left for work she has pulled out her make up bag and gave me a very quick 5 minute lesson on what to start with and how to remove once I need to leave the house to collect the kids from School.

So I had a play, and really enjoyed it although I still have way to much to learn but after today I really want to dive in and see what works.

Really nice to be moving forward to the next step in Sarah’s development.

I have found that the color you see on the raw product isn’t always the color you see when you’re wearing it.  From multi-color packs of eye shadow, I find some colors fade to almost invisible on my face.  Powdered bronzers also tend to disappear on my face.  I’ve also had eye shadow that looks darker on my skin than on the palate.  I’ve also found some lipsticks look different out of the tube than on my face.

So as much as technique matters, I think you sometimes have to get lucky that the raw color, when applied to your face, doesn’t change too much.

For me the 3 essentials are foundation, lipstick and eye brows.  Next are mascara, rouge, eye color and eyelashes.  However I feel lipstick is essential.

One thing I noticed very quickly today was that I need to find a better concealer to hide that 5 O’clock shadow. The one my wife let me try was ok but not quite right for me.

Sarah, there are two ways to deal with beard shadow.  And sometimes you need both.

First, try using a makeup sponge to spread red or orange lipstick over the problem areas.  If your foundation has a slight yellow tinge you can use red lipstick, if it is more white then use the orange.  The trick is that the orange (either directly or mixing the red lipstick with the hint of yellow in the foundation) neutralizes the “blue” color from the beard.  (When I use the red lipstick, I spread it out on my face to give me a sunburned look before applying the foundation.)

The second thing is to try a special beard cover makeup.  I use Ben Nye 5 O’Sharp, which comes in one of 2 shades (I use the darker shade because of my olive skin).  This I brush on my upper lip and chin which has the darkest hair.  You may need it in different places, and may also depend on your wig (if the wig covers the cheeks you may not see any beard shadow on the sides of your face).

Zoe
      Lady

I tried making myself up fully for the first time a couple weeks ago.   I am not as bad at it as I thought but still have a long way to go.

Keep at, I plan too.

XO Zoē

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Ok, so , I get the “less than enthusiastic” response regarding a run to Sephora/Ulta to make a purchase….here’s why:

So, you’re new to this? you haven’t really had much time to practice?

I think she is just looking at “makeup is $$$$” and she’s not wrong.

I’m not saying that she’s right for playing it so cool though either.

I think that you should go to a GOOD makeup store with one goal this first trip…. Foundation.

MY wife doesn’t use it… We had to shop. We bought CRAP foundation for me color wise the first time.

I finally went to Ulta, talked to a pro, and got something that was a good match to MY skin tone.

After you learn to cover the beard shadow and apply foundation(blended so that your face isn’t a different color than your neck), take pics after you apply…does the face match the neck?

THEN you’re ready to learn the hard part…eyeshadow.

Play with the stuff your wife has for now, keep her happy by not spending money on new stuff until you learn HOW to apply it and figure out your “style” for yourself.

Now….you can make a case for “I want a summer pallet” that isn’t like what she has….

Think of this as “picking your battles” right now.

You need a good foundation that matches your skin and you need to have beard cover.

You can practice the rest with with her stuff…she may even come to realize on her own that the colors she owns don’t work for your coloring and suggest a trip herself…wait it out…

Practice, practice, practice girl….

Have fun!

XOXO

Rayna

Hey Rayna, She has just said that she has so much make up that it is better that I practice with what she has first before buying anything new.

She has also said that when we do buy something new it makes sense where possible to buy together so it is not so much the cost she is worried about but rather me getting the practice in first.

My biggest problem ( apart from actually applying make up ) is understanding what each piece of make up she has actually is. I think I need to dummy proof and label everything once she has given me some tips.

Rayna Carlian
          Duchess

You could watch some “how to” videos on you tube, but keep in mind, some of those are unrealistic as to how many layers of stuff they apply to a face that isn’t going to appear on stage for a drag show LOL.

I also found that taking lessons from a professional that works with CDs VERY helpful. You bring your makeup supplies, they teach….

But I like the label idea! HAHA

Good luck out there!

XOXO

Rayna

Anonymous

Sooo much knowledge and help here.  I love it!  Thanks, Ladies.

Much love,

Raquel

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

That was a wonderful story. You are so lucky to have a supportive wife.

Hugs, Liara

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?