Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I had a transformation done about 10 months ago and was very pleasantly surprised to see what makeup and a wig could do to bring Michelle to life.  I had never had an interest in wigs or makeup before because I thought I would look like a clown.  That experience made me want to do it again and so I recently had transformation number 2 and I loved seeing the real Michelle in the mirror again.  So much so that I now want to be able to bring Michelle to life on my own.

So I bought the basics(what a lot of stuff and $$) and a nice wig and I had my first practice session.  It did not go well but I have a good idea where things went wrong and I’m confident I will get better with practice.  I do not get a lot of opportunities to practice so I will have to be patient.

What prompted me to write this post was to share how deliciously girly this is all making me feel.  I’m looking at women in a whole new way.  Instead of she has a pretty face, it’s now how has she done her eyes, lips, highlights?  What’s her color palette.? Would that look good on me?

My drab self already feels comfortable and happy in the makeup isle and I can’t wait for my next chance to put on my face!

Michelle –

Good for you.  I can appreciate what you are saying about it making you feel girly.  My wife helped me pick out my make up when I first got it.  I wasn’t expecting it and it was fun.  She showed me how to use it the first time which was nice.  Since then I don’t get much time to practice but take advantage of what time I do get.  It doesn’t always go very well, especially the eyes.  As they say practice, practice, practice – just a matter of finding the time.  I have watched You Tube videos to try and get some tips and find them to be useful.  The problem is putting those things into practice.  I know what you mean about looking at women in a different way as far as make up is concerned as well as their mannerisms and the way they dress.  A lot can be learned just by people watching.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Hi Suzanne,

The eyes were where I had the most trouble.  My wife does not want me doing makeup which is why I have so little time to practice.  Only once every week or two when I get some alone time.

Hugs,

Michelle

Michelle –

I understand.  My wife is accepting of Suzanne to a point, she doesn’t want to see me dressed so being able to do make up is limited to when she is out of the house.  That isn’t very often so my time is limited.  Enjoy what time you do have, I know I do.

XOXO
          Suzanne

Michelle, thank you for the post.  I’m finding myself in your position too.  I am looking at women as I am out and about just as you say.  I need to be careful to not look too long for making someone uncomfortable.  But I also find myself paying much more attention to women on television, especially in the news.  Like you, I keep thinking about looks I like, and how I want to try some of the things that I see.

As to practicing, without actually doing it, I suggest in your down time to log on to some of the sites that sell makeup, where you can have their products applied virtually, and see what looks good, and what you like, then duplicate it.  Most will let you keep the picture after their products are virtually applied.

Then, I had watched as many makeup videos as I could to get an idea what to do.  They seem to help a lot.  So, there is a lot you can do in your virtual time. I’m still not happy with my application and want to learn more, that’s why I’m here.

One more thing, if you go for another makeover take some closeups so you can use yourself as a model.  I’d like to do that sometime.

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the tips.  I have been looking at some videos and they do help some.  I haven’t  seen the virtual makeup sites.  They sound like fun and I’ll definitely check them out.

Hugs,

Michelle

Hi Michelle that’s what i want to do sometime this year is have a professional makeover and photo shoot, I’ve never actually put any makeup on apart from some lipstick, I’m sure you will get better at putting on your makeup after awhile, you know what they say practice makes perfect, if i manage to have a professional makeover and photo shoot i will upload some photos to the site and just hope everything looks fine X

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Hi Rozalyn,

I highly recommend getting the makeover.  It was life changing for me and I look forward to seeing your photos.

Hugs,

Michelle

As long as they don’t make me look like a clown 🤡 Michelle X lol X

Read my above post of having that exact experiece, I still have the photos and makes me want to vomit and say ‘Why Did I let her Do That and allow me to leave . Bright purple eyeshadow and awful colored lip stick. Advise anyone here to think twice and get positive referrals from other CDs and see before and after pictures of them before you open your purse!

Thanks for the advice Meghan X

Hugs X

Hi Michelle
      It’s often said do not under estimate the power of make up, excuse the pun but it can really transform any woman.
      Sarah xx

I don’t know if you read my post of January 17 in Life Goes On called ‘ Face-Lifting Tape , a MUST for us with mature sagging skin‘; but I suggest you do and take that step First before applying any makeup. Read it and get back to me PM for more information if you’re interested.

Other than that, the DIY home makeup transformation must begin with a thoroughly cleansed face , the three follow ups; toner, moisturizer, then lastly Primer, allowing a few minutes in between for each to dry. Then choose one of many kinds of foundation  that is right for you for texture smoothness and coverage. Can be liquid, stick or crème. The rest can follow like highlights contouring and eye makeup after those basics.

BTW I’ve had 2 makeover , both at Ulta and I will never do it again. The first was so-so and didn’t really change much on me to feminize me and the second was horrendously terrible that made me look like a cheap amateur drag queen and when I left the salon on my way to the symphony all I could imagine the orchestra playing was ‘Send In The Clowns’. Never again will I have a GG do my face as I’m very fussy and particular as to how things are applied and would end up telling them what to do and get kicked out, Each time cost me over $40! Wasted money. 

I know more than they do about my face, I’ve been doing it for over 60 years.

Thanks for the advice.  I have your info and have some tapes on order.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Michelle,

You are right about makeup, there certainly is a lot of it and it can get expensive.

One thing I’ve learned over time is that less is more. The first few times I went out with full makeup, I used way too much foundation. Since then I’ve cut back and now look much more natural than previously.

Fiona

Hi Fiona,

That was one of my mistakes on my first try.  Way to much foundation and concealer.

Hugs,

Michelle

I’ve never had a makeover, so I can only comment on self application.  When I started  3 weeks ago I would have been happy  to look like  Bozo,, Clarabelle, Emmitt Kelly you name the clown.   I  got the nickname BOF ( bride of Frankenstein).  Eyes like you said were my worst area.  The shaky hands of time make eyeliner look like a road  thru the mountains.  Gave up, use clear magnetic eyeliner for lashes.   That helped a lot.  Second time went of liquid base, covered better.  Learning how to use concealer.  My second time was way better.  Next time will try the wrinkle removing tape.                 You are absolutely right about how we look at women now,  observe makeup, jewelry, clothes, shoestring , and movement.  Now I look first at her face then her shoes instead of her boobs and booty.  Still love um too just ck them out second.   You are also right about that girlie feeling you get doing an all feminine thing.  It’s like putting on nylons.

Good for you. practice, practice, practice. Remember, less is more.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Jill Lacey.

Thanks  Jill.  I know you are right and it seems it takes more skill to do less.

Hugs,

Michelle

Anonymous
      Lady

Make up is an area that I am also very much a newbie to. Even though I have been out dressed a number of times now the most I have attempted has been lipstick and nail polish in very close to my natural colour.
      Next month I have 2 meetings coming up where I will be attending as Rachel in person ( Rachel has appeared at a previous meeting by Teams ) and I am planning to wear a more noticeable colour for lipstick, nails, and for the first time some eyeshadow. Main anxiety is that I will need to apply the makeup whilst travelling to the mee ting by train. Probably not the best way to be doing it but I am in the reverse situation of some in that I am out in relation to attending these meetings but still in the closet at home so unlikely to be any opportunity for practicing beforehand. Wish me luck !
      Rachel

Hi Rachel,

Wow, sounds like quite a challenge.  let us know how it goods.

Hugs,

Michelle

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Michelle, your makeover must have been such a high. I tried to get a makeover at Ulta some time back, just as things were opening up after covid. The nice lady was trying to help me at a distance and was ok? My makeup skills must not be to bad, I have no comments on it even working my new job at Torrid. But I want to look even better and get more confidence that I am doing this right, so yesterday I made an appointment with my local Mary Kay rap for next Friday. I am so excited!!

. Cassie

Hi Cassie,

Sounds like a fun confidence builder.  let us know how it goes.

Hugs,

Michelle

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I love makeup and my wig.

Hugs, Liara

Hi Liara,

The wig and makeup seem to go together like peanut butter and chocolate.  One doesn’t look right without the other.

Hugs,

Michelle

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

Makeup and wig are absolute necessities for me!   They just complete the package and I love how the makeup feels on my face.  I have practiced A LOT and I’m still not as good as I’d like to be but I do have a standard look I’m happy with.   I have learned that prep is very important, I know Meghan covered that quite well.

Enjoy your makeup adventure!

💖Lola

Anonymous

It really is fun doing makeup! It can be expensive but you can also multi purpose things. Instead of using a product made to fill in and darken eyebrows I just use mascara, I’ve used both and actually prefer the mascara way. There are also eyeshadow pens that can be used as eyeliner as well. I learned a lot from YouTube. Another good resource is reddit. They have a crossdresser subreddit with lots of girls that are willing to give tips or some post tutorials. They even have a section called the dress up guide with all kinds of good info.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the tips. Always nice to find ways to save a little money. I’ve never been on reddit so you’ve giving me something new to check out.

Hugs,

Michelle

Syndee
      Lady

Michelle,

I have wanted to get a makeover so bad ! I want to go to like Ulta or somewhere and have them help match a foundation to my skin tone. I am blessed to have a supportive wife who lets me practice when I time. I also have a daughter that is very good at make up and tried to help give me some pointers on how to apply it and color correction. I hope that I will get the chance to do one soon and have an experience like you did. Keep practicing when you can, it gets better every time.

Hi Syndee,

The first makeover I had done was truly a transformational moment in my life.  I hope you get to do it and that you can find a good artist.  The second makeover I recently had I asked a lot of questions about the makeup that she was selecting for me so I have a great jump start.  I’m jealous of the help and support you have at home with your wife and daughter.  You lucky girl!

Hugs,

Michelle

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?