- June 4, 2019 at 2:28 pm #182776MichelleParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 6Has thanked: 41 timesBeen thanked: 45 times
- August 20, 2019 at 9:49 am #210036
- August 20, 2019 at 6:55 am #209983Brittney AndrewsParticipantRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 557Has thanked: 33997 timesBeen thanked: 916 times
Hello Michelle; Transformation studios/salons are the ultimate, as they offer make-up/makeovers and photo sessions. Many even have clothes, wigs, and shoes you can barrow. They are expensive, but the results are worth it. Sephora and Ulta Beauty are my next suggestions. Sephora is very supportive of trans and CDs, they offer classes and lessons. Ulta Beauty is also accepting. I had a full make-up session at Ulta for 45 dollars for a special event and wanted to look my fem best. The results made a world of difference. Smaller and individual beauty salons best to call first and be open and honest with them. If they turn you down, thank them and take your business elsewhere.
- August 16, 2019 at 8:04 am #208633Karen SummersParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 7Has thanked: 11 timesBeen thanked: 19 times
- August 15, 2019 at 10:52 am #208372
- August 14, 2019 at 6:32 pm #208109AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 4Replies: 82Has thanked: 80 timesBeen thanked: 232 times
I had my first makeover at a Macy’s on August 1st. It was also the first time ever I was out in public. It was AMAZING !!!
I wrote an article about the experience that will be published here at CDH tomorrow. Hope you will take time to read it.
- July 30, 2019 at 10:24 am #202468AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 6Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 22 times
In general, I prefer doing my own makeup. Makeovers are fun, though! You learn some interesting things and it’s interesting to see what the artist emphasizes and plays down.
- July 30, 2019 at 6:51 am #202388Lynne LaciParticipantRegistered On: July 30, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 10 times
Never had a makeover but have always wanted to. I will be traveling near Anahein Ca. soon and asking if anyone has any CD friendly recomendations for a makeover. Thank you.
- July 30, 2019 at 7:05 am #202390AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 117Has thanked: 495 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
bet there’s an Ulta somewhere close! Check them out!
- July 29, 2019 at 1:38 pm #202118AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 4Replies: 499Has thanked: 1506 timesBeen thanked: 709 times
Love your name. I am going to a dressing/makeover facility that is CD friendly in a couple of weeks. I agree with you on needing help with proper makeup selection and application. I believe I will learn a lot from this service that will help me. Good luck on finding a place you can feel comfortable in.
- July 29, 2019 at 1:25 pm #202113
- June 30, 2019 at 6:54 pm #194134Donna RichardsParticipantRegistered On: January 11, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 41Has thanked: 67 timesBeen thanked: 81 times
I haven’t gone to a salon for a makeover yet, but I definitely plan on it. I’m from Michigan and there’s a wonderful place in the Detroit area called Janet’s Closet. They do wonderful work there and they’re reasonably priced. They also have just about everything under the sun that you can imagine for the trans community.
4 users thanked author for this post.
- June 29, 2019 at 6:40 am #193839AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 27Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 47 times
I really don’t see the need to do something like this, I wouldn’t even do it if I were a woman.
- June 29, 2019 at 2:23 am #193809AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 35Replies: 473Has thanked: 1230 timesBeen thanked: 1371 times
Girls I always dreamed about getting a makeover in a salon I started to look for places that do makeup in my city I called and they could tell on the phone I wasn’t you’re typical woman lol I told them I was a xdresser and would they have a problem doing my makeup they said no prob we are gender friendly now I did my research and this beauty studio is in a place where people walk around and shop and this place is Awesome but all windows in the front so people walking can look in at the makeup being applied so I asked them if I could use the bathroom to dress up so if anyone walked by I would look like a woman who is getting a makeover instead of a big man getting a makeover lol they said cool I have been there twice and I am going back at the end of July with a girlfriend from CDH I have my panties and pantyhose and lingerie under my baggy sweats and a hoodie I carry my gym bag with heels and wig I use the bathroom and Jasmine comes out the beautiful young lady that does my makeup is so cool and supportive she says have fun you only live once thanks for reading ps it sucks having to take my beautiful makeup off before I go home one day I am leaving the beauty studio as jasminejeffries someday!!!
- June 28, 2019 at 4:35 pm #193730AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 13Has thanked: 10 timesBeen thanked: 32 times
I’ve never had a make over because I worry that people will not e the day or two after and find out I’m a CD, but I would love to one day. Maybe I’ll book a weekend away some time and get a make over when I get there. That way I should be back to normal by the time I get back
- June 28, 2019 at 5:26 pm #193739AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 543Has thanked: 786 timesBeen thanked: 690 times
I have similar worries Abi and would like to have one myself. There will be a CD friendly makeover person somewhere near you who will make sure you are returned to male mode before you leave their premises. That’s what they do for a living and so it’s good for business that you are not outed if that’s what you want. Use the internet to see if you have one somewhere suitably near but far enough away to comfort you and good luck.
- July 1, 2019 at 12:49 pm #194370Tiff AnyParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 792Has thanked: 2136 timesBeen thanked: 1826 times
Hi Donna ,
Lovely reply , I go & have 4 professional makeovers a year , House of Transformation on the Gold Coast Queensland Australia. It is fabulous , discrete & safe. It’s an amazing feeling to see yourself transformed. Wherever they live , would highly recommend any crossdresser do it at least once x
3 users thanked author for this post.
- June 28, 2019 at 5:08 pm #193736InactiveRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 117Has thanked: 495 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
I understand that fear as I too had it. I live in Houston where there are many salons and while I did not want to be detected I really wanted the makeover as I was so frustrated with my makeup skills and wasn’t sure if I was fooling myself about being even a little passable.
I found an Ulta 25 miles away where I figured nobody would know me. It is a free standing store meaning not in the mall!
I drove over there and scoped it out and then walked in!
It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience to say the least! It just wet my appetite!!!
All I’m saying is it is possible to do this safely! And it was so worth it!!!
- June 15, 2019 at 7:05 pm #189199Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 67Replies: 630Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 1813 times
Tho I’ve never had a makeover in public as in full view in a department store, I have had several in private over the years. Initially as a private session at either a dressing service or with a make up artist in a hotel/self contained apartment.
These days I go to a professional artists house/place of business. Have them do my make up and “hair”, then out into the wide wide world I go for some public Caty time.
Its such a liberating and satisfying experience to be out in public and being your “femme self”.
Browsing in shops, (please dont buy another bra/panty set Caty, you have too many already)..
Or just walking in the park or along the seafront.
- June 14, 2019 at 8:02 pm #185559Connie SmithParticipantRegistered On: June 15, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 23Has thanked: 150 timesBeen thanked: 45 times
I did once and it was an amazing experience. Walked up to MAC counter and asked girl if they did makeovers. When she said yes, I asked if she would do one on me. She said I can take you now or in an hour. I said an hour and walked away. Got about 100 feet away and turned and came back and asked for now otherwise I would have chickened out.
She was amazing. Explained everything she was doing and loved what she did.
On way out I walked thru section with jumpsuits and woman working asked me if I wanted to try some on. Tried three on and then went into panic mode.
- June 13, 2019 at 6:25 pm #185293InactiveRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 117Has thanked: 495 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
Where can a CD go for this in Houston? Any advice or friendly locations?
1 user thanked author for this post.
- June 15, 2019 at 7:11 pm #189234AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 9Replies: 163Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 302 times
Joan Bray Total Image Salon or just click the link for a gaggle of things!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- June 18, 2019 at 10:25 am #191409InactiveRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 117Has thanked: 495 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
I’m sorry, I called you Amie but you are anonymous…. anyway thank you so much for the referral! I will definitely follow up on it!!!
- June 15, 2019 at 10:21 pm #190781InactiveRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 117Has thanked: 495 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
Thank you so much Amie!!! I will look at the links and look up your recommendation!
- June 6, 2019 at 5:26 pm #183445
- June 5, 2019 at 7:27 am #183026Erica InsideParticipantRegistered On: April 10, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 145Has thanked: 417 timesBeen thanked: 266 times
Getting the courage up to walk in and the to ask for the makeover us so rewarding. I have done this a few times. I cannot believe how ard it was to get over that first barrier, myself and my thoughts. Once in there I soon realized that make up artists love make up. They love working on anyone. I was always treated so nicely. I have gone to Sephora and they will do a free makeover or at least 1 feature, eyes or lips or base for free. And most cosmetic counters in the mall will apply anything you buy. Color matching is so much fun and makes it personal. The attention is wonderful. You will not regret it. I just wish I practiced more and could learn to apply makeup driving.
- June 5, 2019 at 6:56 am #183024Sandy CraigParticipantRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 212Has thanked: 105 timesBeen thanked: 403 times
I would highly recommend this if can can swing it. Very worth while as a professional knows the proper products and colors for your skin. They can also contour if needed for facial feature such as a larger nose…
Full Transformation at a professional Trans establishment (worth every $).
Pro makeup lessons, again worth every $. Also did a follow up about 6 months after to catch any mistakes I had developed.
Lancome National Artist Makeup Events. Have done 4 or 5 of these. One of Lancome’s top pros (who does movie stars etc) evaluates you and picks a style and products as you sit in a crowded mall or store and they and their assistants apply makeup. These are fantastic.
Have been to 1 private Salon to get a different take makeup palettes from their perspective.
I have had some of the women at the Lancome counter change mine up a few times, things like The Smokey Eye look.
Makeup is awesome, so many choices.
Can’t learn enough if you want to go out.
I would say DO IT, I am sure you will be happy you did.
- June 4, 2019 at 5:04 pm #182829TrinityParticipantRegistered On: September 4, 2015Topics: 8Replies: 45Has thanked: 106 timesBeen thanked: 181 times
Yes I did this past Sunday I went to Sephora as many in the forums here have suggested it. I called ahead about a week to see if maybe I could get in before hours since ours is in a mall and I am not out and about as Trinity they did it an hour and half before store opened and even though I was in male mode she called me by female name. It was at front of store which scared me kind of at first because of the glass window fronts and the people who come to the mall early to walk. She did a good job on keeping me focused on her so even though I could see people walking past I did not SEE them so about 30 mins in I was relaxed and my daughter took everything in as she explained about how to get feminine lines on the face and many other tips. It did get over as store opened up so I did have to make a b line for my car as I was all male looking like a woman in the face. She did so well that my granddaughter said now grandpa now you do look like a woman. My daughter said well there you go you have been approved.
i will do it again for sure as well as you should too
- June 4, 2019 at 2:34 pm #182779InactiveRegistered On:Topics: 9Replies: 163Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 302 times
Hi Michelle, I’m a certified Makeup and Makeover Artist. Go right ahead, but not with a bunch of ‘white hairs’ acting as hair dressers! hahah….An ‘upscale’ (ANY) salon would be more than happy to put just the right touches to YOUR complexion and ‘et al’. (Everyone is amazingly different). Locally I do nothing but Makeup, yet on the road myself and a couple other team up for Makeovers galore. You’d be surprised if the ‘girl’ working on you was a trans such as myself hmm? (There are MANY that go totally unnoticed). **NONE of the people working the salon would or can say a word or they’ll lose their licenses permanently. (And if you ‘smell’ trouble, just leave). I don’t take any, nobody should.
- June 4, 2019 at 2:49 pm #182782MichelleParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 6Has thanked: 41 timesBeen thanked: 45 times
Thank you so much Aimee, I really want my makeup professionally done so I can do photos. I am far from mastering it but I will continue trying. It would be a milestone and dream come true for me to find someone or someplace safe to have a transformation.
Its just so sad there is still such a stigma attached to our love of femininity. If most of society would just be more open minded and really get to know us I think they would be much more accepting of the women we are.
2 users thanked author for this post.
- June 14, 2019 at 9:26 pm #185606InactiveRegistered On:Topics: 9Replies: 163Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 302 times
Michelle! I would be more than pleased to help you out via emails, that feed you info from the very start (nose hair, ears, how to get a CLOSE “back” shave (against the ‘grain’ of the beard) without looking like you just left a knife fight…. 🙂 Then, one day at a time as you ‘get it’ (and will never forget it). How to conceal those pesky 5 o’clock shadows (even if they DO grow out a bit due to no way out). Eek! No biggie this way tho). And all the way. Starts with a photo of you (portrait neck up). One glance at it and we are ‘ready to rock!’ I’ve four others at this time ….loving it! What any Salon does, you can do too. You only need to see it done ONE time and ya GOT IT! Honest! For “glamming up” …it’s more involved yes, but not hard at all. Again, once you see it, you go OHHHHHHHH!!!!!! GOT IT! Never has failed in 18yrs now! Way long before there was anything but Bulletin boards and ‘weak’ email. (no attachments) DOS 1.0 haha!!!
2 users thanked author for this post.
- August 13, 2019 at 4:00 pm #207537ElleParticipantRegistered On: August 31, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 12Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 23 times
Mmmm I can also do with your help. Would you please.
- June 18, 2019 at 3:41 pm #191445InactiveRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 117Has thanked: 495 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
Oh my, all the positive posts and responses! Thank you so much! So Anonymous, if I sent a head shot could you help me out too? I have a goatee that I plan to shave this weekend and then would love to see what can be done with this face! Lol
But seriously, I am interested if you are willing!!!
- June 5, 2019 at 10:19 am #183061InactiveRegistered On:Topics: 9Replies: 163Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 302 times
Michelle! Um, if you aren’t like ‘across The Pond’ (The Atlantic puddle) ….or even if you are :::> I’ve been known in times past, and in between “road shoots” (I think most here are aware I’m a model, certified MUA/MOA), ‘et al’ & blah blah & yada yada! 🙂
If you would like a full “Makeover” (I’m talking the kind where I show up with two ‘carts’ with approx. $32k in “world cosmetics” ….and I won’t stop unless YOU cry “UNCLE!” ….or we’ve arrived at a look that YOU adore (not me)! I’ll keep pointing you in the right direction, and then use YOUR ‘descriptors’ to try and make you into what you are seeing “in your mind’s eye.” We are finished only when you are elated with what’s in the mirror staring back at you (and you say), “Is that really me”)? Finis!
Note: Fewer than 1% option for ‘one on one’ …but, there is always Google Hangouts (Voice and Video Chat). That’s the next best thing to being there! Just PM me if curious or if you have questions (of any kind …. lol, I do believe I’ve heard about EVERYTHING! hahahahahah
If possible, you want a ‘trans’ doing your makeup. ***NOT hard to find as a rule.
GG’s aren’t at all adapted nor knowledgeable of what’s needed to feminize a face to the degree of OMG!!!!! (Save the very few ‘exceptions’ ….such as those on YouTube). In fact, if you seek makeup instructions, Search YouTube for “transgender makeup” …or use this link (below) to get yourself started …REALLY started! *You will LOVE these Vids (a few of them I was behind the camera) only because they had ‘nailed’ their makeup to perfection, but had no idea how to make a great video and none of the equipment need to do so!
I am ‘en route’ to an unexpected shoot directly from The Grand Caymen’s to there, so I may ‘drop off the Internet’ for a day or two. (No Internet there). Hopes this helps anyone a wee bit. Will play catchup if I’m cut off!
- June 6, 2019 at 4:12 am #183245MichelleParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 6Has thanked: 41 timesBeen thanked: 45 times
Thank you so much for your offer, I actually live in the US and yes I would prefer a trans or C/D to do my makeup I would be more comfortable and I agree I think that’s the only way ill get the right look.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- June 7, 2019 at 7:00 am #183623InactiveRegistered On:Topics: 9Replies: 163Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 302 times
Ahoy Michelle! (Sorry for the nautical lingo ….Navy comes out now and then, and it’s fun to ‘cuss like a sailor’ (especially back when I was slicing and dicing my legs)! SUCH AIIIYEEEEE FUN!!!! First wife used to embarrass the hell outta me, even in private! hahahahahahahah WOW could she ‘lay it out’ ,…words like “YOU G**d**m, PINK, Fuzzy Nut**d, Bannie-legged, ROTTEN SOB’ing, Gon** sucking F888ing MF’ing …..LOUSY, CHEAP!!!! (et al)! ……..ROFLMAO!!!!!!’
Michelle, why not we try this route? I think I given you my email Oui? If so, just send me a pic of a face you’ve found that is SIMILAR to yours (there are only so many kinds of faces!) You would be shocked to learn of how few ‘standard faces’ exist! Anyway, just send me a pic of ANYONE (for that matter) that has on makeup that YOU like. In turn, I will need a shot of your face also, in makeup is AOK (cuz it doesn’t matter). With the photo’s I’ll be able to tell you precisely how to mime the photograph of your choice. (let me know what you think when you have some free time to do so s’okay)?
If it’s not going to ‘make it’ on you, I’ll be honest and point you to what IS “for you” no doubts there! I’ve been certified (and have done over 3,000 faces thus far). My most prominent face was Angelina Jolie within her first few years ‘on the scene’. *She’s got a size 15 set of feeties on her, yet is so gorgeous and she’s very ‘sly’ at hiding them ‘oh so sexily’!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.