Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Working my courage up to talking to a rep at Sephora concerning a cosmetics makeover. I do have a mall location not too close too where I live that is extremely quiet on Tues. and Wed……Yes, checked this personally. Need to to do this before the holidays get near. My question is what length of time should I expect to spend there generally? What is considered a generous tip? Know this is a little crass to discuss dollars her but I Have no one to talk to for any experience-oriented answers but my sisters. 😊 Thank you for y’all’s advice, AGAIN!

ALEXIS 👗

Allow minimum 1.5 hour and call ahead to make appointment Cost ~$100.00 plus any makeup you get

This is what the two Sephora Stores I go to near me in the Greater Metropolitan Washington DC area.

Don’t know if this is a Company wide policy or just in my area.

Alteast this is what I was told by the makeup artist/manager of the Sephora store nearest me that I went to in early afternoon on a mid June Saturday to get my makeup professionally done for a formal Charity fund raising Dinner Dance (my SOGGF insisted i get a professional makeup makeover ) that evening.

that effective 1st of July 2019, a total makeover would take 1.5 hour and an appointment made atleast hours b4, plus one 100$ plus cost of makeup purchased.

Iinstead of walkin makeover and free provided one purchased $50 of makeup

Anonymous

Tammie, thank you so much, a huge help. Forward we go.
        Hugs!
        ALEXIS

Ur welcome we GURLS got to stick together

And “STAY THE FIGHT” as has been the Washington Nationals mantra for several weeks now since their wide card playoff game they  now are MLB National League champions 1st time since 1933 Washington DC Team has gotten to the World Series

XXXXXing 20 digits this time they actually win the series

Anonymous

Sorry Tammie, Texas girl here…..Astro’s fan. 😃😃😃 Tonight’s game was a classic battle loved by the game’s fans!!!

Thank you, again.

ALEXIS 👗💄👠

Alexis…here is the link to the Sephora website regarding Sephora classes for transgenders.  Hope this helps.

https://www.sephorastands.com/classes_for_confidence/

Anne

Anonymous

Thank you, Anne. Yes this is a great help. You know the struggle and the mounting, nervous anticipation that some of us are feeling generated by revealing ourselves to anyone. I personally need to do this. I will not stop dressing so I need to complete my presentation just to be more relaxed in my whole woman.

Appreciating who you are,
        ALEXIS 👗💄👠

Alexis, I’ve been out in public totally en femme only once and that was to meet a friend at a coffee shop in the daylight hours, not in the shadows of nightime.   He was also a CD but b/c he is not passable, he met me male drab.  I was so nervous but as we entered through the door, heads turned to look briefly but then went back to their own conversations as we appeared to be just another couple.  I was so thrilled that I blended in.   My point is that it isn’t only about the makeup….if you go in with confidence and dress age appropriately, you will be just fine.  You cannot believe the exhilaration and freedom you feel when out in public.  Have fun!!!

Anonymous

Sounds as if confidence plays a large part in acceptance…..behave as you are….no acting. Some of us begin with a little rougher palette than others but we have a bit of determination. Thank you again for the encouragement.
            ALEXIS

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Alexis, I know you are talking about Sephora, but I just thought I’d share my story a bit.

I recently got a makeover at a MAC store, and it was the most amazing experience. The young woman was pleasant, and explained everything she was doing while she did it. I could not believe how good I looked when done, but I’m glad there wasn’t a test afterwards! Though I did learn quite a lot from her.

I booked a 1 hour makeover, they also will do 1 1/2 hour lessons, and this location has a private room, so they asked me if I would prefer that, and I said YES! That cost me $75. Can, (no extra for the private rm) and I was so over the top with the results, that I didn’t even think of giving her a tip till I was a long way away in my car.

Amy

Anonymous

Thank you Amy. I will find a MAC store and see what my locations are. So much help is more than just appreciated.
        Many hugs, Amy!!😌😊😃

ALEXIS 👗💄👠

Amy Myers
          Baroness

Let us know how it goes!

Too expensive to do makeovers often, but WOW, I’d do it every week if I could!

Amy

Anonymous

Understand the desire. I will keep you informed.

Anonymous

Thank you Amy!!!!
            ALEXIS 👗💄👠

Next time ur there besure to double the Tip!

Why 4 weeks ago unexpectedly one morning  a coworker of my SOGGF’S was given pair of tickets for the that evening’s preview showing of yet to be released PBS show at the regional PBS Station’s Headquarters with a buffet dinner before the preview.. Coworker, saying she had to go out of town on business unexpectedly, thus not wanting the ticket to go used gave tickets to SOGGF.  Immediately called me, said Tammie, I ve just been given to tickets for a buffet dinner before a preview pbs show tonight at 7pm thus I won’t be able to get home to do you style ur hair 4 you and u will have to meet me at my office by 6pm ready for the evening at the pbs Station’s Headquarters a few blocks from my office. See if you can get an appointment with Nancy at Dominique’s hair salon this morning or early afternoon … so I called the hair salon immediately, talking with Nancy she said Tammie, it’s my day to leave at 1pm and I’m booked totally until till then  lbut since you gave me a nice tip the last appointment, if you can be here by 1pm, I will stay the extra hour  to style your hair for u but I won’t have time enough to color and shampoo you hair as usual. I said fine. C U @ 1pm.

As it was 10AM I immediately started getting my self ready after calling SOGGF at work.  She asked me what I thought about wearing, I said my white top/silver sequined dress, SOGGF says Tammie not appropriate as I will be just wearing a ladies business suit unless you come to my office at 5pm with one of my LBD outfits to change into.  I say okay I will do that bring u what ever LBD OUTFIT you want. Then she suggested I wear one of my own LBD outfits nearly a twin of hers.  I did just that by noon, I was wearing my LBD outfits and left for hair salon immediately, got to salon at 1230pm. Nancy says Tammie good your early my 1215pm appointment called at noon 2 cancel, we have just enough time to colored and shampoo ur hair & dry it b4 styling ur hair.

THUSLY A GOOD TIP makes 4 a good relationship  especially if a crisis situation occurs at a later date!

Anonymous

Another great experience and benefit based on establishing some personal history with an accepting person. So happy for you and your tip, NPI. Thanks Tammie!!

Alexis. 👗💄👠😊😊😊

Rochelle Mills
      Baroness

Great topic, Alexis.  Based on some feedback from a CD friend, I plan to go to the Sephora in a mall one town away from my home, and probably on a Saturday early afternoon so I can enjoy the rest of the day out and about beautified.  I have talked with the manager of the store and they can schedule an artist on a Saturday if I call ahead.  Just have to buy $50 in product for the makeover.

It turns out that there is a MAC store in the same mall.  As I am excited to get up the learning curve with make-up, I may stop by that store as well on another visit.  Plus, after getting to know some more experienced CDs since I have gone out in public for the first time a few months ago, I have gained a much greater appreciation for the range of skills to develop to create your own quality femme presentation.  And make-up is probably at the top of the list.  Might be fun to go for a cosmetology degree after I retire, LOL

I too have considered this. I would like to have a pro do it first so I can have a baseline for when I attempt it myself. Be safe all.

Love and Peace,

Amber

Anonymous

Great point Amber! Thank you!!
        ALEXIS 👗💄👠

Can someone help me find a MAC store.  I know Sephora & Ulta but I’ve never hear of or seen a MAC store.  Are they on the east coast USA?

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Michelle.

Michelle, check with your local ULTA store.  The one here near me has a MAC rep on site with their products and things, plus services.  The web page for your local ULTA should say whether they have one or not.

PaulaF

I looked up MAC makeup on the internet and found one 30 miles away.  Never knew any thing about them.  I’ll have to go and see this weekend.  Glad I looked in this forum.

Anonymous

Let us know how you progress, Michelle. You  probably won’t need any good luck wishes but hope it goes well!!!

ALEXIS 👗

Anonymous

How did it go Michelle?

<p style=”text-align: center;”>CALLING ALL US GURLS !!!</p>
      <p style=”text-align: center;”>LOOKING TO BE A MORE BEAUTIFUL GURL?</p>
      <p style=”text-align: center;”>JOIN SEPHORA’S
      “BEAUTY INSIDERS” CLUB!!</p>
      January 5, 2019, A Saturday morning this year my SOGGF wore me up about 4 AM a Full 2 hours earlier than normal. Sheepishly I  mumbled “Sweetie why so Early today? SOGGF says “Jammie it’s a Brand New Year. You Have been living with me as Tammie since OCTOBER 7, 2015, AND ONLY 3 TIMES HAVE ENTIRELY DRESSED YOURSELF 100% WITHOUT ME DOING BOTH YOUR HAIR AND MAKEUP, therefore it’s time TAMMIE learned totally and properly do both. So today TAMMIE

1. MUST PICK OUT HER OWN ATTIRE, preferably a TIGHT FITTING MINIDRESS OR a similarly fitting bodysuits and a extra tight bodysuit and miniskirt.
      2. Tammie PREPARE HERSELF for dressing as do I and any GG LADY DOES b4 dressed up for work
      3. Tammie must do her own makeup & hair by herself to my satisfaction.
      4. Next I’m going to drop off Tammie at the large REGIONAL MALL at 10AM  for her day of FEMININE ATTIRE shopping by herself,  including a 90min makeup /makeup lesson at Sephora.
      5. TAMMIE has a Noon appointment we with the Mall’s NailsArt Salon for pedicure and manicure. At Noon.
      6. 2pm I will pickup Tammie for her Hair appointment with Dominique at 3pm.
      7. 5pm will pick up Tammie at Dominique’s to go downtown for our Girls Night Out with with Vicky, Dionne, Terrie and Katie for Dinner and a Play then at midnight to as night club.

It was the VERY FIRST TIME I  WAS TOTALLY DRESSED ENTIRELY ENFEM by myself, b4 going out in Public, with just a few minor hair curling and smirred lipstick errors.

Anyhow during my SEPHORA appointment I was asked by makeup artist if I was a Beauty Rewards member, I wasn’t so I signed up.

Its been a great blessing. It has several advantages:

1. EARN “Beauty points” (1 beauty point for each 1$ spent on beauty products)
      2. BIRTHDAY CLUB,  depending upon your point level you can choose from a variety of FREE … BIRTHDAY GIFTS anytime during your BIRTHDAY Month
      3. FREE (or discounted) program depending upon ones unredeemed beauty points earn. (Minimum redemption points = 100)FREE 45 minutes Makeup Classes like the one I just had yesterday morning at 10AM  that station @ 10 AM 1hour b4 store opened. Although class was scheduled for 45 minutes it lasted for 90mins due to size of class and number of questions.     SEPHORA STORE provides all the brushes, products used during the class free except for FALSE EYELASHES if student desires to have false eyelashes.  Thus the only other cost is if student desires to purchase her own supplies of products used during class. The Name of the Sephora class I took yesterday is: Smokey eyes class
      4. WALKING FREE 15 minute MINI-Makeup makeover/touchup session with a qualified Makeup Artist

The Weblink link about Sephora in store classes is bellow:
      https://m.sephora.com/happening/home

They even have a class specifically for GURLS (Transgendered?) like US Named:
      CLASSES FOR CONFIDENCE: Bold Beauty for the Transgender Community

In my specific area no classes available BUT 1ST time there is a class in my area with any opening, just based upon the help yesterday from Mary, Elise & Rebbeca @ the Sephora store I had my class at yesterday. I’m taking it especially if becomes available at same store

Anonymous

Keeping it simple…..What a fabulous experience!!!!!
        PLUS!!!! Thank you for such valuable info. about the makeover processes and what is available.

So sweet to take the time, Tammie!!

ALEXIS 👗💄👠😊

MAC make-up is great! It’s my go to! The employees are great, love MAC!!!

Oops. Forgot about this thread. See me posting on the ‘Anyone Gone To Ulta’ thread about my Sephora experience.

Love and Peace,

Amber

Terri
      Duchess

I have 2 makeovers at Sephora and was very happy with the results. The only cost was a minimum purchase of $50. Mac is I believe a $60 minimum. Both have great products, maybe Mac is a better product depending on your taste. Im in NY on Long Island.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?