- November 29, 2020 at 7:18 pm #412380Bridgette VonSmirffParticipantRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 204Has thanked: 3923 timesBeen thanked: 974 times
So, what a great weekend! Turkey day was awesome, a fresh bird (plucked and cleaned Tuesday, eaten Thursday), amazing meal, had oldest son over to help eat it. Saturday my wife and I spent an hour or two with some new makeup colors playing around and experimenting, and I was really happy with my results and the wife found a new color combination she looked great with. Then today she asked if I thought I was ready for pieces ears. I said I was just waiting for her to be comfortable with the idea. Lots of guys these days have them anyways. So, away we went to Claire’s and I got me ears done! Yay!
- November 30, 2020 at 7:21 pm #412767Mika MaloneDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 555Has thanked: 1681 timesBeen thanked: 2201 times
- November 30, 2020 at 6:54 pm #412754Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 323Has thanked: 723 timesBeen thanked: 1451 times
Congrats Bridgette it’s such a high isn’t! I know when my X offered to pay for my piercing 3 months ago I couldn’t say yes fast enough. I thought she was getting to be ok with my dressing and would help with my unaccepting kids. But today she is still filled with anger and hate and calls me names often. But I am liking who I am!!!
Good luck Sandy
- November 30, 2020 at 10:18 am #412608EmilyLadyRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 726Has thanked: 3905 timesBeen thanked: 2252 times
I have had 3 piercings in each ear for years now. Two always have small silver hoops, and the third always have small stud type earrings. Makes it very convenient to change to big hoops when the occasion calls for it. Pierced ears for men is quite common now. Nobody even notices any more. I started with just one in my left ear. This was back in the early 90’s when the saying was “left is right and right is wrong”. Still makes me laugh. Believe it or not, I got more grief for having just that one ear pierced than I ever have for having a total of 6 ear piercings. I say go for it, unless your job has a policy against it of course.
- November 30, 2020 at 1:54 pm #412677
- November 30, 2020 at 10:09 am #412605Dala CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 110Has thanked: 219 timesBeen thanked: 333 times
Good for you!!
I ordered myself a set of self piercing kits and let my wife pierce them in August.
I have been wearing them at work and nobody has made more than a passing mention.
I bought a neat little “man” set that I wear most days. Some with a carbon fiber look, some flat back little numbers that go with all things drab…
Have some fun Girl!!!
- November 30, 2020 at 8:05 am #412555Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 46Replies: 1324Has thanked: 6359 timesBeen thanked: 7504 times
- November 30, 2020 at 7:50 am #412550Rei DurdenBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 791Has thanked: 4885 timesBeen thanked: 3206 times
I threw this idea out to my wife a few weeks ago, just to test the waters. So far nothing yet but I am patient……..
I absolutely love that it was your wifes idea, what girl wouldn’t love a decision like that being gently pushed at them? Had you talked about it previously at all?
- November 30, 2020 at 9:26 am #412579Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 204Has thanked: 3923 timesBeen thanked: 974 times
We did. At first she was like let’s wait until after Christmas, because kids and grandchildren would be here, and she didn’t want them asking questions. Now that’s not going to happen so soon (thanks Covid) so she asked me if I was ready. Of course I was!
- November 30, 2020 at 7:29 am #412546Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 452Has thanked: 1908 timesBeen thanked: 1695 times
Congrats Bridgette. Now enjoy the pleasure of shopping for earrings and you are going to ask why didnt I do this earlier. This time next year you will be owning more than a dozen pairs for sure
- November 30, 2020 at 9:24 am #412576LadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 204Has thanked: 3923 timesBeen thanked: 974 times
Now I’ll have to find something to do with all my clip on! I guess I can wear them still though. They’ve been my only option until now, and they’re hard to find, I think. Mostly it’s all old stuff that was once my mother’s. My wife doesn’t wear them, so she said I should use them.
- November 29, 2020 at 8:09 pm #412396Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1675Has thanked: 2966 timesBeen thanked: 5584 times
Having your ears pierced is a big step along this CD journey; and you will have fun shopping for earrings, too. It was exactly 50 weeks ago that I had mine done at Claire’s (and had my last haircut). Memorable occasion.
- November 29, 2020 at 7:38 pm #412386Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 515Has thanked: 1610 timesBeen thanked: 2214 times
AWESOME! I agree, nowadays, guys wear a matching pair and its no big deal. I only have one pierced…waaaay back when guys only wore one.
Im guessing Claires still does them then? I thought I heard during this time they stopped? Guess maybe I heard wrong.
I thought I heard somewhere too that its preferred to go to a tattoo/piercing place instead. I think in part they have tougher cleaning practices, and do a better job?
Just throwing that out for conversation.
- November 30, 2020 at 6:40 am #412537LadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 204Has thanked: 3923 timesBeen thanked: 974 times
Our Claire’s is still doing piercings. I hadn’t heard that the tattoo studios were supposed to be better. The studio i used to go to is a good long way out from here, and I didn’t even think to check with them. There is a local place around the corner, but it always looks skeezy, if you know what I mean. And I’m somewhat at home in that life crowd.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.