Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author

Hello and I had a question for anyone in the San Francisco area.  I have to travel there next month for training for an entire week and I am thinking it’s a great opportunity for me to spend the entire week dressed up.  However, I don’t feel like my makeup skills are on point just yet, so I was curious if anyone has any places in SF they would recommend to go for makeup while I am there.  I’m also curious for any outfit suggestions to wear?  so far I do have a couple of mini skirt outfits with blouses and some thigh high boots that I love to wear.  I was trying to figure out so more outfits to wear and was thinking of wearing a pair of skinny jeans and a blouse, but this does tend to show my package so I was wondering if I should wear some sort of longer blouse in the front or some sort of belt to cover this a bit?  There are currently only 8 other people in the class and I want to dress sort of classy since it’s a professional setting so maybe I should just stick to skirts/dresses?

I also wonder if I should contact the instructor before hand and let them know that I prefer to be addressed as Tammy in the class before hand or if I should just let them know at the start of the class?

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

First, You should check to see if the covid restrictions allow for a makeup class to happen at a shop like Sephora or Ulta.

I live about 45min outside The City(that’s what we call SF here). I don’t think you need to worry about most people’s opinion on the crossdress or androgynous look if you don’t come off totally perfect on makeup. I blend the looks when in the City regularly. No wig, light eye makeup and a skirt and blouse… rock it girl!

So, check the weather. People don’t think about the City being cold or rainy, but it can be.

If you don’t want to tuck your package with skinny jeans, and want to hide it a bit, try a peplum top…

Letting your instructor know ahead of time would be courteous, but I wouldn’t think it required. You’ll find that we are pretty accepting of gender non conforming folks here, but a heads up is just nice.

If you are interested, check out some of the drag shows while you’re here, I had a ball last Saturday at Oasis in the City. It was a hoot…

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more about this. Have a safe trip and make sure you get out to some fun spots while you are here.

XOXO

Rayna

Rayna,

Hey, thanks for the response and suggestions, yes that’s kind of my thought to to give the instructor a heads up just to be safe.

I don’t like tucking at all as I find it uncomfortable, but I’ll check out some peplum tops…I have no hips so maybe I can find one to make it look like I do too, but do have corsets and some shape wear that helps a bit.  I kind of hope to spend the whole week dressed completely just to be totally immersed, so I’ll have to do some more shopping for sure.

Thanks for the input and I may PM you for some other fun things to do while I’m there too!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?