Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Ladies…

I have a Makeup Artist certificate but I want to continue learning and in particular the feminization of the male face with makeup.

I was wondering if anyone has taken the Makeup Magic course that is advertised on this site and if so did you find it useful?

I like the makeup artists philosophy when it comes to makeup and the course seems to cover important topics.

Thank you for your feedback

Daniella

Hi Daniella! I got the various courses from Lucille Sorrellas” site. Found it quite good. There are many how to videos on you tube and on sites of make-up manufacturers as well. Try Cover-girl, Max Factor and my fav…L’Oreal Paris. One can never have enough education, especially in something you like.

Dame Veronica

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Oh do I envy you being able to understand the art of makeup. I’m always interested in learning this. Being here I’m sure you’ll improve your skills and knowledge. I’m to from Ontario and know of only places to get makeovers is Toronto and hopefully soon I hope to get this done and actually see what Stephanie could really be. The best to you in your quest. 🌹

Thank you Stephanie…

My goal one day is open a makeup business dedicated to our community providing make overs, consultations, lessons…

The International Makeup Artist Trade Show is coming to Toronto in September. I am sooooooooo looking forward to it.

Daniella

Gisela Claudine
      Duchess - Annual

Hi Daniella. I find it useful since I need to improve my skills to make up. I’m really bad at that art.  You can go to Lucille Sorella’s Femme Secrets and try her free Male to Female Makeup Minicourse first. In fact I am starting the Makeup Magic Course.

Cinnamon kisses

Gisela

Hi Gisela…

Thank you for the information.

I must have missed the Mini course when I was on her site.

I’m going to give a try.

Daniella

Hello Dame Veronica…

I agree there are a lot of good videos on youtube. I really like Manny Mau, Hot and Flashy and Sephora. And you can learn a lot from them.

What I particularly liked about the Makeup Magic course was the feminization of the male face through makeup. And the makeup artist is a minimalist when it comes to makeup use, it is all about the application and placement of the makeup by understanding the differences between the male and female bone structure.

Daniella

I am in the process of trying out the methods used in the video.  Eye liner is always the hardest for me, and this method has eyes done even before foundation.  That way mistakes can be “erased” without affecting anything else.  I think in general, this course is fine. It keeps things fairly simple.  I do wish there would be more information on choice of colors for eye shadow, etc.  The model is also relatively young. Being older, I have wrinkles, etc. and make up can sometimes accentuate them.  Especially translucent powder. It would be nice to have a bit on how to deal with alternative skin types. The methods here do nothing to help with my older skin. I will have to update here on any progress / success / failure.

updating my previous post…….   i do believe i like the idea of using color modifiers and not concealers.  using green and pink per the video seems to do well.   And i do believe my eyes are a bit better using the technique on the video, but i also use some techniques i found on other sites.  Per my prior post, this is only going to work if you have young skin.  And it will not be very helpful for choosing colors to use for most anything.  So if you happen to be exactly like the models, then this will work for you.  Otherwise, i would not purchase this and i basically feel it was not money well spent.   there are just too many free posts that can do the same thing.   some even use male to female models.   I was hoping for so much more from this…..

Thank you April..

I found the course to be a waste of money.

And I agree I can get everything he talked about and more from other free videos.

It is unfortunate but a lot of the makeup tutorial videos out there are directed at 20 something women. And you can understand it because if you happen to look in a Sephoria store I swear there is not a woman in that store over 20…lol.

April I would suggest looking at Hot and Flashy  youtube videos. She is in her 50’s and products and application are geared to mature skin.

Also I would look at videos put out by Lisa Eldridge.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?