Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello all. What constitutes as masculine and feminine features? I am wondering if my makeup application is “correct” in regards to if I’m highlighting or contouring the correct areas. What am I supposed to bring out or hide? I follow a general principle of highlight forehead, nose, under eyes, etc. I just feel like the makeup should be better and I don’t know how to doit. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Olivia, ohhhh makeup!! the general idea behind contouring and highlighting is to hide or present your facial features. People have different face shapes and these must be contoured and highlighted accordingly. It takes time and practice. More masculine features include a square jaw or a more prominent forehead for example, with the correct contouring techniques, you can ‘iron’ these features out to give the viewer an impression that your features are different to your normal everyday look. My advice is to look on youtube, there are some fantastic tutorials there. If my memory serves me correctly, there are 6 face shapes, square, heart, long, round, diamond and oval. 🙂

Fee xxx

Fiona…those six face shapes also greatly impact which style of wig looks best as well.  Choosing the right wig also helps to soften those male features.  Choose the wrong wig and you only exacerbate the problem.

Watching youtube videos definitely helped me on my way to becoming competent at makeup.   That and practice, practice, practice.

Anne

Olivia,
      Contouring the face is a way even woman use to change their appearance. What I have done and I think even genetic woman do is to look at a feature and decide it does not look feminine enough to them. Lets take the nose. I have seen many woman have a large broad nose but some think it is not feminine enough so they decide to contour to look narrow and perky. So dark shadows are put on the sides of the nose and a light shadow is run down the center of the nose. As this is blended it helps make the nose look more slender. I think we all have looks that we feel are not feminine enough to pass, I know I do. But what I have found is that I will look for woman that have similar eyes or nose or mouth or what ever to my own, that I like their facial appearance and I look at how they have done their makeup to look so beautiful. Then I try to recreate it. As Fiona said there are several You Tube videos on contouring for woman and for cross dressers. They will help show you how the shadowing is done but it is really up to you to decide what kind of face you want and what you feel is masculine then modify it. Remember there are all kinds of woman out there with square jaws, large noses or some other feature you may feel is to male looking. Look at those woman that you think are beautiful and have that feature and try to see how they pull it off. Angelina Jolie has a square jaw and Meryl Streep has a fairly large nose and they are actresses. Well I tend to ramble on but you get my idea. The best part of being a woman is the ability to change your appearance to the best woman we can be in our eyes with the use of makeup. I could never get away with that as a male. I have always wondered if I was born a woman if I would not have become a beautician. LOL Have fun and make yourself beautiful. There are all kinds of women but be yourself first.
      Sara

Anonymous

Thanks! I will try that! Sounds like it could work!

Hi Olivia, just to supplement what Sara and Fiona advise, your choice of wig can greatly impact whether certain facial features become softened or perhaps worse, become pronounced all the more.  I am attaching a link to wigs.com that talks about which wigs work best for different face shapes.  Hope this is helpful.

https://www.wigs.com/blogs/news/how-to-pick-the-right-wig-style-for-your-face

Anne

Anonymous

Thanks, Anne! I love your outfit in your profile picture!

Thank you sweetheart.  I really love that black outfit in your pictures.  Looks so beautiful and there is a look about it that allows you to wear it to so many different places be it a charity event, dinner, or even to a coffee shop to share conversation with a friend.  Love it.   Anne

Anonymous

YouTube has a wealth of information about contouring and makeup for crossdressers.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?