• This topic has 31 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

For a few weeks in the beginning, I’d shy away from putting too much make-up on for fear of having to remove it really quick in case someone/family/etc. came to the door for a visit. Worse would be an unscheduled video meeting for work. I used to use removal wipes, then I got into micellar water and a cotton pad. Both weren’t really all that effective at removing eye makeup (especially eyeliners and mascara) without having to rub and rub, and then rub again to ensure every trace of it was off… and it became really irritating to my skin around the eyes.

I then came upon Ponds cleanser and figured I’d give it a try… and omg, that stuff is amazing. I just slather it all over my face, get it deep into my eye makeup, rub all over, let it sit a few seconds, and gently wipe off every trace of makeup with a warm wet wash cloth (including matte waterproof lipcolor). I could literally put on a face full of makeup, remove it all with Ponds, and see someone in guy mode as soon as I put the washcloth down on the counter… and they would have zero indication I just had full-on eyeliner and mascara and makeup on seconds before. Amazing I tell ya.

The side benefit… my face skin is so smooth and blemish free that I no longer use foundation. It’s made putting on makeup and heading out the door in full femme mode a 5 minute affair at best!

Hi Carmen nice to meet you  havent used ponds befors i allways use baby oil on the eye makeup works really well also and same makes skin so soft thanks for info will look into it ..

Stephanie bass

Hi! Yes, baby oil is an amazing option as well… but found it irritating to my eyes. I think it’s the scent that’s added, though I REALLY love the smell. HOWEVER, baby oil isn’t wasted on me though… I add a few drops to my body moisturizer to give my legs some sheen. It’s LOVELY! LOL.

Anonymous
      Lady

That’s a great tip, Carmen!  Thank you so much for posting!  I’ve had the same issues that you’ve had and even the high end stuff they gave me after my makeover still forced me to rub, rub, rub, to get the mascara and eye liner off to the point that my vision was  a little blurry for almost an hour afterward.  I look forward to trying out Ponds!

*kisses* tara 🙂

Thanks Tara! Yes, the blurry vision afterwards… sooooo familiar with that. Ponds fortunately is super cheap, and sometimes you can find it at dollar store (it’s the light green packaging one). It’ll say Ponds Cleanser or Ponds Cold Cream. That’s the one you want for makeup removal. I DO use Ponds Clarant B and Ponds Rejuviness (for anti-aging and complexion… not for makeup removal) regularly now as well. Not entirely sure of the benefits, but I like the smoothness and it doesn’t irritate my skin.

Hi Carmen,I have been using Ponds cold cream for years now to remove my makeup and it works great and it leaves my skin very soft and tender.I learned this tip from a beauty consultant at Walgreens .

That’s awesome! Nice right??? Thank you for sharing. Sometimes, the old-school cheap products just can’t be duplicated by the expensive new stuff. Why even bother! I LOVE all of Ponds stuff, and I’ve definitely tried much more expensive stuff… but go back to Ponds. If you’re comfortable with tinted moisturizer (like expensive BB Cream, and now CC Cream), A dab of Ponds Rejuveness, a dab of foundation, put it on like moisturizer, and you’ve got a BB Cream that seriously beats out everything out there. And sooooooooooo much cheaper.

Anonymous

That’s a new idea, I’ll give it a try.

Anonymous

Hi Carmen
      Thanks for the advice. I do have a question for you…. Does the ponds burn or irritate the eyes? I tried the make up wipes early on, with just no luck. Like you said, lots of scrubbing, used 3-4 wipes each time. Tried using wash cloths, but they just irritated the skin. One day I tried just lathering regular bath soap in my hands and washing my face……BAM. Success. The makenup came right off, no harsh scrubbing. Only issues was around the eyes. Soap in the eyes does not feel good. As Stephanie said below, a little baby oil there did the trick. Dab some on a cotton ball, close your eyes, and give it a few wipes. I have never really had any irritation form that, but i know everyone is different. I would be more than willing to give ponds a try, that is why I asked the questionn at start of this comment.

Thank you
      Chelly

For me (I say me because I know everyone’s body reacts to different things differently), I have no problem with irritation in my eyes with Ponds. Of course, you don’t want to layer your eyeballs directly with it, but I don’t have to take any particular measures when I apply it near my eyes whatsoever. I literally get a coat of Ponds everywhere on my face, including the eye sockets, lids, lashlines, inside corners of the eyes where I highlight. I have zero irritation from Ponds and I use that stuff every day at this point.

Soap works as well, but most soaps are irritating to my face… it’s very drying. I haven’t used soap in years quite frankly. I know, it sounds weird, but I haven’t washed my face with soap in many years. My bedtime routine includes cleansing with Ponds regardless of makeup or not. I truly love the stuff. In the morning all I have to do is wash my face with plain water and I’m good to go! Even if I forget additional moisturizer, my face isn’t tooooo dry and tight ever since Ponds Cleanser has been routine.

Anonymous

Thank you for all the information Carmen. Definitely gonna give it a try.

Chelly.

So I did a little search using the icon in the upper right hand corner of the site and found a few threads….

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/forums/topic/removing-makeup/

Thanks, SR

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Thanks for the tip Carmen.

Hugs, Liara

Anonymous

Hi Carmen

Thanks for the tip will definitely give it a try, I cannot use a dedicated eye makeup remover they irritate my eyes. I have been using micellar water and Simple makeup remover wipes, they seem to work okay for me. I use Rimmel plumping moisturiser before makeup, which does help with my makeup and is quite easy to remove makeup. What I also like once I have removed my makeup and washed my face with a very mild soap, it leaves my skin feeling super soft. I will try Ponds Cleanser that may even better still for me.

Love Sarah

xx

I haven’t tried Ponds yet but will give it a shot.

I’ve only done full makeup 4-5 times now but I started using Kiehl’s Ultra Cleanser and that gets the job done for me. Usually I’ll jump in the shower and do a quick clean with that and I’m good.

When I first started with eye makeup only, I was trying water and soap and my wife quickly stepped in and gave me her Lancome Bi Facil eye makeup remover. That works like a charm for mascara & eyebrow makeup.

If I’m just practicing with foundation or something, I’ll use some Neutrogena (or similar) makeup wipes.

-Chloé

Hi Chloe!

Yeah, Kiehls has some great products! I totally used to use that stuff years ago in guy mode… I think I had everything they offered at one point lol.

Over the years, I’ve determined that I’m probably wasting money on the latest and greatest all the time, when in the end, so many products are interchangeable. I’m not one to judge anybody on what brand of products they use for sure. Trust me, I’m a total shopper and product whore. LMAO!

After I through those periods of trying out new products though, they kinda all do the same thing no matter the brand. I don’t really care about the Ponds name, but I do care that 1) they’re cheap, and 2) they perform exactly as intended without the fluff and cost. When it comes to makeup removal PLUS gentle cleansing PLUS moisturizer PLUS no strong smells, all at the same time in one product in one session, well … PONDS does it all for me at an extremely low cost.

I’m in the same boat. It just has to work, with no scent. After buying a bunch of Kiehl’s stuff for guy-mode myself, I figured I’d stick with the brand for femme-mode.

I like that Ponds is a moisturizer as well. Saves me a step in along the way!

-Chloé

Anonymous

Will the Ponds remove magnetic eyelash liner?

Brielle
      Lady

Hi Carmen, I got some Ponds and I agree it is fantastic! The only thing I’ve tried that gets off waterproof mascara withoiut rubbing my eyes raw. The only drawback is my wife says it makes me smell “like a girl” too much, soI can’t use it as a nighttime moisturizer – YET! Once I’m a bit farther along with HRT, I’ll be using it daily and nightly!

Thanks!

Brielle XO

Isn’t it fabulous. And yes, I can see how it would make you smell like a girl (which we know we secretly absolutely love). Hahahaha.

But thank you for sharing! I love ponds. It’s just an amazing product that does what it’s supposed to do, and for a bargain price in comparison to so many other products.

I’ve used ponds as a moisturizer but never as a makeup removal aid. I’ve been using micellar water which easily removes my foundation, blush and bronzer and my eyeshadow. It does take some fairly serious rubbing to remove mascara and eyeliner however. Heaven forbid it’s waterproof mascara and eyeliner because then I’m really having to rub and it takes some time to get it all off. The waterproof stuff is great but man is it stubborn. My favorite mascara is waterproof but I tend not to use due to the fact it takes so much effort to remove it. I’m gonna have to try this ponds trick. It’s great moisturizer and if it removes makeup that well then we’re in bonus land right there.

Hi Jessica,

There are various different types of Ponds. Make sure you’re using the Ponds Cleanser. It’s the old school one and probably the first (in a light mint green color label).

I used it every day, whether or not I have makeup on. The routine though is pretty much the same. I scoop out a good amount, rub it all into my face pretty much everywhere, let it sit for a few seconds, and take a warm wet washcloth and wipe. I tend to find also that doing it this way replaces the need for separate scrubs/exfoliation, as the washcloth gently does that for me!

Clearly, I love the stuff. LOL.

That’s the one we usually get. Totally gonna try it as a makeup remover now. Thanks for the tip!

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

Totally forgot about Ponds.  It’s been around for ages.  I recently bought some Green Clean at Sephora.  Amazing stuff – removes anything in seconds – even waterproof/long-lasting eye makeup.  But it’s 4 times more expensive.  I’m gonna give Ponds a try.  Thanks Carmen!

Anonymous

You convinced me.  I bought the green one.

Anonymous

Neutrogena Make-up remover works Great and you don’t have to worry about washing after.. Cleanser and moisturizer.. Works Great!!

I’ll have to say, I was reading through this all and got a chuckle. Look at us, grown ass “men”, all talking about makeup removal products as if we’re talking about the latest and greatest tool at home depot or a sports car! LOL!!!! God I love crossdressing. It’s amazing! LOL.

Well you can get makeup remover at Home Depot, but even the finest grit won’t moisturize your skin very well. I’ve used Neutrogena for years and it’s pretty effective, but I do have to rub quite a bit to get all the eyeliner and mascara off. I’ll have to give the Ponds a try. Thanks for the tip!

Hugs,
          Elise

LOL… I WILL SAY, Go-Jo Pumice is an amazing exfoliant. I actually used it for a few months a while back in the shower. Made my skin super clear and soft!!!

Ashley
      Lady

I just found out olive oil removes makeup. I haven’t tried it on eye makeup yet, but it works great on everything else!

Mia Mor’e
      Baroness

Thanks for sharing this! I struggle with makeup wipes too. I have to use several wipes, they irritate my skin , and they never seem to get all the makeup off.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?