Tagged: 

Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Jennifer
      Lady

I’m just celebrating a small success as I try to create a more feminine body. For practically no money and just a little bit of time I was able to make some foam hip pads that don’t look too bad. I’m excited to have a little more “shape” and I love how my sweater dress looks with my new hips. I’ve been slowly going through a checklist in my head to appear more womanly:

1. Go hairless – I shaved everything. ‘Nuff said.

2. Shrink waistline – I lost 28 pounds and bought a corset. Now, I’m 4-5″ thinner at the waist 🙂

3. Add hips – Did that today. Yay! I kept it subtle, so it’s just another 2″ there.

4. Add Breasts – this one is next. I need to research, although if anyone has any recommendations?

5. Get Wig

6. Get makeup and learn to put it on right.

7. Anything else I may have missed … voice training, mannerisms, etc…

I’d love to hear success stories from others!

Hugs … Jennifer

Anonymous

Step 4. Breast forms are the obvious solution but as you can see from looking them up on line (The Breastform Store advertises on CDH) they can be expensive. There are some less expensive solutions, depending on how big you want your bust line to appear.

Like everyone else, in my early days I tried stuffing my bra cups with all sorts of things but the shape was never really satisfactory. Then I got out my sewing machine and made up two round bags from terry-towelling material. Made from two circles of material about 10-15 cm in diameter and sewn together completely except for a small opening left in the seam. These I filled with about a cup of raw rice each, then hand-sewed the bags up completely. When placed in the bra cups the rice bags mould to the shape of the cup and are not rigid or hard. If you are still closeted, hiding breast forms can be a bit of a challenge but as rice is an excellent desiccator (absorbs moisture) they can be stored in a clothing drawer and if anyone ever asks what they are for you can tell them they are to absorb any moisture that might build up in the drawers.

If you already have an amount of breast flesh (man-boobs) sometimes breast enhancers, sometimes called chicken fillets because that’s what they look like, will be enough to give a nice bust shape. Bear in mind, though that there are limits. If you want to look like Dolly Parton under your cute new top then depriving half of Asia of its rice supply won’t work. Silicone forms are the only answer there. 😉

As for your other points, the BF Store have wigs as well. Makeup is easy to buy anywhere, some stores even having a matching and advice service. If you don;t have anyone to help you there, look for video tutorials on Youtube or on the websites of some of the larger cosmetics manufacturers.

Finally, study cisgender women. Some of us end up standing out because we make ourselves appear like the women our male brains conjure up instead of what ‘real’ women look like. Watch them and you’ll quickly work out how to walk, talk etc.

Have fun.

Anonymous

On makeup Sheryl gave me some great and practical advice; since it takes a lot of practice and really good makeup can be expensive, practice with less expensive makeup and reserve the “good stuff” for those days when you are more comfortable at it and really need to feel special!

Thanks!

Kim

Jennifer
        Lady

Thank you so much, Jane! So many options, but I appreciate the wisdom of those who have been able to experiment for more years. I’m so done with fighting with my feminine side and I’m excited to fully embrace it.

Jennifer

way to go Jen,message me next time you are online.hugs,Maddie

Jennifer
        Lady

Will do, Maddie. I don’t get on as often as I would like, but want to interact more with the ladies here.

Jennifer

Anonymous

WOW that is great. Tell us any updates you make have!!

Leonara
      Ambassador

Jennifer
      That is quite a list that we all can follow.
      I am particularly impressed with #2 as I am trying to lose weight to work on my girly figure. I am not as creative as you and I purchased padded panties….I purchased a brown with highlights shoulder length wig. And now I will follow JaneS formula for breastforms.
      Such great ideas. Thank you Jennifer and Jane and all the lovely on CDH for sharing

Regards,
      Leonara

Anonymous

Jennifer,

Thanks again for your great list…just thought of something… nails 💅?  May fall under makeup 💄… but just in case.

Thanks!!

Kim

Cheers to all the ladies who posted before with some great tips. I would like to add a bit about makeup. I see alot of ladies who do a fabulous job with their makeup but they forget about a good beard covering.

There are many ways to help in this area. You need to use something to neutralize your beard color which tends to be a bluish color when covered by foundation, uness you have more grey in your beard.

My solution was to use a lipstick, i used a neutral color lipstick but a red or orange one would work all the same as primer before your foundation.

I am very self conscious about my appearance as Vanessa and I try my blend in. Turning our mannish physique into something femmanine is a challenge (curse you body hair growth) but like most things you will get better with practice.

I am always  learing about new things to help me along my journey, so i always try to share any tips that i learn to help anyone who is struggling. I did  the RnD so im happy to share the findings.

Hugs,

Vanessa

Anonymous

All excellent tips girls. Idid the rice by simply filling the bottom of a pantyhose and cutting it and tying it . It does work well but now enjoy wearing silicone breast that I love. No easy solution for hips and have tried foam but have settled on padded underwear I bought at fredricks of hollywood. I am feeling good as to what works and doesnt and we just experiment over time till we find what is best for us

Rose
      Lady

[quote quote=44217]All excellent tips girls. Idid the rice by simply filling the bottom of a pantyhose and cutting it and tying it . It does work well but now enjoy wearing silicone breast that I love. No easy solution for hips and have tried foam but have settled on padded underwear I bought at fredricks of hollywood. I am feeling good as to what works and doesnt and we just experiment over time till we find what is best for us [/quote]

I did this at first for breasts, but with birdseed instead of rice. Same idea, though. Much like Vanessa, as well, I now have breast forms.

Hips and rump are something I’ve thought about, without too much success. I bought some pads off eBay, but they didn’t really work – they didn’t come with their own support garment, and slid out of my panties. I’d love to hear how you made your hip pads, Jennifer.

Jennifer
      Lady

I’m lovin’ all of the tips! Thank you everyone. We all have to try different things for ourselves, but it’s nice to be able to leverage these ideas. 🙂

Jennifer

Anonymous

I love the list but I’ve been going out of order!

Like Jane S I made my own but used felt, making big circles and filling not with rice (didn’t think of that) but with black eyed peas. Problem was I hand sewed them together. However, I’m not the greatest seamstress and would have them fall out occasionally! Was able to fix completely but since I never went out, no harm, no foul. Just picking up stray peas everywhere! I’m hoping to get some breastform soon.

I have been dabbling in makeup. Not sure how I’m doing but I like the results. Trouble with eyeliner though. Combination of a shaky hand and not liking things by my eye definitely makes it a challenge. I have painted my nails. Being right handed, my left hand looks great. Right, not so much. It’s like the say, practice, practice, practice!

I recently bought a padded girdle for the hips. I’m amazed at how well it’s made a difference. It’ very comfortable.

I want to get a wig to really make the transformation complete. Going to need help with that. Normally I’ll get something online and go with it. For me, this is THE big step to really becoming Marla. I plan on finding somewhere I can go and get some good advice and try on different styles to see what looks best.

I’m really enjoying myself buy wow does it take a lot of work! Where is my fairy godmother when you need her!

Jennifer
        Lady

I don’t know that there is a right or wrong order. I just treat CDing like I do any IT project at work. I start with the goal or purpose, which in this case is to be able to blend in public while presenting myself as a woman. Then, I break it down into smaller tasks, like the list in my original post. That’s just how my brain normally works. Others don’t need to be as anal as I am. 😉

Rose
      Lady

Are you gonna share your secrets on how you made your hips, Jennifer? 🙂

Jennifer
        Lady

I’ll take some pics of the pads and what I did to create them. It was non-glamorous, but seemed to work.

Jennifer
        Lady

I uploaded a picture of the process to my profile. It shows the measurements I used and the pads themselves. I started with a template from paper, then cut it from the foam. I tried to not have too many layers … as it can get a little warm. It’s cold where I live so the extra layers aren’t a problem. I had panties on first, then the pads, then the Spanx. The pads weren’t secured with tape or adhesive, but they didn’t move around at all.

Let me know if you have any questions after looking at the pic. It actually didn’t take that long to make.

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/members/jennieash/media/6379/

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Making Curves’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?