Viewing 23 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Revel
      Baroness

Almost every night I like to turn up the volume on my CD player and dance while listening to these two great songs! I know that many of our CD and TG sisters like them, but which one do you like better? Please listen to both songs (if you haven’t already) and vote now, and leave a reply. Thank you.

Anonymous

No Contest…” Man…I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN!”

Side note: when I was teaching at Hendersonville High School, ( TENNESSEE) Ms. Taylor Swift was a student, running in the hallway…

Didn’t have her in my classroom…

Just sayn’….

Dr.T.J.

Revel
        Baroness

Although I like them both, Shania got my vote. I once read that Shania Twain inspired Taylor Swift to become a singer. Thanks for voting and sharing girlfriend.

Anonymous

Tough call, I don’t know the Taylor Swift song.

Based on the titles alone I need a “both” option 🥰. I definitely feel as much like a woman as I can at the moment and probably need a cold shower as well.

— Abbie 😘

Anonymous

Hi Revel. Big Shania fan here. I also like Taylor Swift even though my wife can not stand her. I like the country version of her though, not a fan of the Pop version, so Shania ia a no brainer here for me.

Chelly.

I had to search out and listen to Taylors, its interesting but I’ll stick with Shania.

Revel
        Baroness

Thanks for listening to both songs and comparing before voting.

Alice Black
      Duchess

Man I feel like a woman should be the theme song of this site(if it ever decides to have one). LOL

Alice Black

Revel
        Baroness

That’s a good one, Alice!

Nancy
      Lady

Well, I almost said Shania right away. But, after watching the video for You Need To Calm Down, I’m not so sure. Ok, I understand that she is cashing in on Pride. But, ultimately, it’s still more LGBTQ+ inclusion in media, which is a good thing.

That being said, I do feel like You Need To Calm Down doesn’t have the staying power of Man I Feel Like A Woman, which I feel like I will always relate to on a personal level.

Birel

Revel
        Baroness

Agreed. That’s a good comparison, Birel.

Anonymous

Hi Revel

I love Taylor Swift…and her last two albums were simply stunning…..

but hey….hang on a minute….not this time Taylor.

Shania’s song is a one off CD anthem….there really is no contest….man, we ALL feel like a woman !!!!

Grace x

eternal flame by the bangles and tide is high by blondie. aural estrogen for me, i feel so feminine listening to them.

sandra

It’s Shania every day of the week for me.  Bit spooky actually as I was listening to her Come On Over album before I even clicked on this thread.

What is this “CD player” device you speak of? I thought music was delivered via Spotify and WiFi speakers. *giggles*

Love Rachel

Revel
        Baroness

I own the Come On Over album too! My favorite songs on it are: Man! I Feel Like A Woman!, I’m Holdin’ On To Love, From This Moment On, When, That Don’t Impress Me Much, and Rock This Country! I own a Sony CD player that has a Mega Bass Port, and I absolutely love it!

Anonymous

Rachel

If you like horror stories I can tell you all about “Cassette’s & Vinyl”…lol

Hugs

Wilma x

Swift all the way !!  Plus, you need to calm down is based on the lgbtq movement, so I gotta give the nods to the song too.

Revel
        Baroness

It’s nice to see that Taylor finally got a vote, and with your last name “Swift” I can understand why you like her song better. Giggles. Thanks, Wendy!

Terri
      Duchess

I remember one time I went into a hair salon to get my hair done. I had never been there before and asked for a blow style. I didn’t have an appointment. The girl said it would be about 20 min. I said ok. When I was called the hairdresser put the Shanna Twain song on. I smiled and said nice song. She smiled and gave me a nice style.

Revel
        Baroness

Thanks for sharing, Terri.

Last week I was at work, and my local radio station played “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!” and because I’m in charge of the audio where I work, I turned up the volume louder just for that song!

I will do it again if they play it again, and I will do the same thing if my local radio station plays “You Need To Calm Down” sisters. I don’t call myself  “Revel” for no reason. Girl power!

XOXO Revel

Short answer, neither. Not my genre. I’m more a Natural Woman girl. Preferably the Me First and the Gimme Gimmes version.

I’ll be honest, I had to look up You Need to Calm Down. And I tried to give it a fair shake, I really did. But honestly… not her best work. And particularly as portrayed in the video it comes across as a bit condescending and lowest-common-denominator caricaturization of the other side, which is something somebody at some point needs to rise above (I speak as a fundamentalist Christian as well as a long-time CD). If we’re going Taylor Swift, give me Style any day. Or her cover of Mumford and Sons’ White Blank Page… absolutely brilliant.

So Shania? I mean the song has soundtracked nearly as many CD videos as Dude Looks Like a Lady. And I’m certain it’s an empowering song. However I can’t help but feel we as CDs (as the group I can by rights address; trans is its own thing I will withhold any value judgments on) may be stealing the thunder of a song meant to empower GGs. One could validly argue with the ironic use of the word “man” it was within the writer’s intent, but frankly… in my mind at least that’s the only thing memorable about the song. Which as a songwriter myself… again, I want more than that.

Sorry, I know these tunes are iconic for a lot of us girls, but that’s my two cents.

Revel
        Baroness

Ouch! Yes, the songs in this poll that I started are iconic to a lot of us girls, and the poll was started so you can vote and comment which song you like better – not explain why you dislike them. Although you don’t have to like either song, please stay on topic.

Peace out.

You’re absolutely right, I’m sorry. So let me pull my foot out of my mouth, do damage control on the heel, and go with Shania.

Revel
            Baroness

Much better. Thank you sister for your second reply.

Revel
      Baroness

Wow. Shania is really taking the lead, but I’m not surprised. It’s a great song, and must be loved by many here on CDH. However, I know there are a lot of Taylor fans out there too.

Anonymous

Shania all the way for me I’m old and Taylor Swift is a bit pop(y) for me.

Anonymous

I loved watching Shania dance around in the black bodysuit, stockings and top hat just so damn sexy.

Revel
        Baroness

Me too! I own a DVD with the Man! I Feel Like a Woman! music video, and love to hear it with my speaker bar. It sounds awesome!

I remember the night when I revealed to my Daddy that I’m a CD, I played it, and later when I revealed to my Mommy that I’m a CD, I did the same. They really liked it. So Shania has a special place in my heart.

I have never liked the Shania Twain song, as it reinforces gender stereotypes, seems melodically artificial, and the beat doesn’t catch a fire in my feet – it rather puts it out!

Not that I’m a dancer, but this song is usually my cue for the bar, restroom or smoking lounge.

I don’t know the Taylor Swift one, but the little I’ve heard of her suggests it’s likely to get my vote – the lyrics I’ve heard seem crafted and beyond the superficial.

I’ll take a listen and return…

Revel
      Baroness

The voting continues. Shania’s song has over sixty votes compared to only one vote for Taylor’s song! Although I’m more of a Shania Twain fan, and like her song better, I also like Taylor Swift’s song, and I wouldn’t mind seeing more votes for her. I know there are some Taylor Swift fans out there too! Thank you for voting, sisters.

Kind regards,

Revel

Anonymous

Hey REV…
        What about comparing Aretha’ s ” NATURAL WOMAN ” With Shaia’ s ” I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN “…Start that Polling….could be interesting!
        Love you girl…
        Dr.T.J.

Revel
          Baroness

That’s a great idea! You thought of it, and I think you should be the one who starts it. 😁

Rev

Terri
      Duchess

Natural Woman sung by Aretha Franklin is in a whole different class. That song is a masterpiece in my opinion

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

It’s my favorite, because man I want to feel like a woman. LOL

Hugs, Liara

Anonymous

Wow, I guess I am in the minority. I was only the second vote for Taylor Swift. Just listened to them both. I thought the Taylor Swift video was cool.

Revel
        Baroness

Finally another vote for Taylor! Thank you my friend for sharing and voting. 😀

Rev

Anonymous

Absolutely! You are very welcome, Rev!!

Gail
      Lady

Sorry, I’m not that Fond of either, but I do Adore Doris Day singing “I enjoy being a Girl” and of course “I FEEL PRETTY” from West Side Story.

Revel
      Baroness

Another vote for Taylor Swift! Currently she would need seventy more votes to be even with Shania! 😯

lol most here wont know Swifty’s songs, let alone watched the vidz.  As one of the eldest Millennials, I can say TS does a much better song and vid.

Revel
          Baroness

I believe that just looking at the voting results. 😮

Currently Shania has 80 more votes than Taylor! Thank you for voting, and I’m glad to see Taylor got another vote.

I’ve always loved Walk on the wild side by Lou Reed 👠

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?