Viewing 25 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Ever got one? If so, have ever requested any color other than clear?

I have a standing monthly appointment for a manicure and pedicure.  I have my toenails painted in color from September through May.  My fingernails are painted in a neutral color year around as are my toenails throughout the summer (June, July, and August).

MacKenzie Alexandra

Yes, I get mani-pedis often. Various colors.

My wife and I go for mani-pedi’s about every 6 weeks.  I get color on my toes from Sep/Oct thru Apr/May and clear the other months, I get clear on my fingers.  I have tried press ons a couple times and liked the look.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I get a pedicure every month with a different color every time.  I’m rough on my hands so I save manicures for special occasions.  When I do it’s a gel manicure in some bold color or glitter.

/EA

I go every four to six weeks and have tried lots of different colors including glitter. Like to think of different outfits before deciding on a color and often keep the fingers in red or clear.

Hi ladies,

I started growing my own long nails when I knew I was going to transition. It’s been a years now and I have manicures every month and get my nails done with gels, I’ve got a few shots of my nails in my public photos if you want to take a peek. My nails are definite conversation starters, I get a lot of compliments on them while riding the bus, going to the mall or out for coffee. Whoever I’m talking to often wants to compare hers with mine. At work there’s a regular group of girls, I’m one of them, who always compare our nails with each other, showing off the latest colors or nail art. Lots of fun!

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Syndee
      Lady

I learned to do my own nails and I paint them a different color most every weekend. I am required to wear clear during the week for work otherwise I would paint them different colors more often. I get many compliments on my nails when I go out.

A mani-pedi is still on my to do list, hopefully this summer. Clear fingers, purple toes.

Hi Victoria-Rose as on my list of things to get done is a mani-pedi– havent had a chance to do it as many people from my area are seen in the big town where i could get it done  but wife paints my toes when ever i need them done she dosent like hers done but loves to do mine he he ..

Stephanie Bass

[postquote quote=732854]
      Suzanne,

The time to keep polish on your toes is during the summer when you toes are exposed in sandals for everyone to see. Once you start wearing your polished toes openly, you will realize it is not a big deal. Think about how nice it would be to have red toenails all year long!

Jamie –

I agree, however, between the grandkids, neighbors and my wife I can’t have color in the summer.  My wife and I help each other pick out colors for our toes and she is okay with me having color when its not sandal season but once the sandals come out the color goes away.  We have been to pools in the winter when we travel but we don’t know anyone so she’s not too concerned about that.  She’s becoming more accepting as time goes by so who knows what the future holds.

XOXO
        Suzanne

Agreed, my wife is a licensed nail technician and does my toes regularly. I keep them painted year round, reds, purples, pinks, and anything feminine colored. It was scary at first during summer then nobody really cared or said anything so it got easier and easier. Only person who commented was a female friend while at the lake and said OMG I love your toes, such a cute color, and wasn’t be sarcastic.

Anonymous

One of those special things to do! Yes, got manicures done with my natural/real nails, and having acrylics done.
      For acrylics, my go to are French nails/white tips. Longest time keeping them was two weeks.
      That about “can’t do anything with long nails” is maybe ok for some, but really after a couple days it becomes second nature, at least in my personal experience.
      But getting them removed is a sad,sad moment…

I went for the first time several weeks ago a d found it amazing.  Not brave enough to do anything but clear

For a while, I was getting  pedicure every month with a different color.  I always wear sock so it was easy to hide from my wife.  The biggest danger was when I was in the shower.  I  got close to getting caught e few times but always manages to sneak by.

I don’t usually do manis because they can’t be hidden from my wife.  However, I did get manis several times at Keystone and I even did dipping nails twice.  It mostly depends on the logistics of getting them done and removing the evidence before I get back home.

[postquote quote=733602]
      You should google and read the articles in men’s magazines like GQ and Esquire about men wearing colored nail polish. It is not a big deal anymore and is kind of like earrings on men in the 80’s. Also checkout the men wearing nail polish groups on reddit and Facebook. There is also a Flickr group called “toenail polish on men”. Most of the men are married with children or grand children and wear their nail polish openly. The only fear is in our own mind. You only have one life and therefore everyone should live that life not allowing other people control over what we wear.

[postquote quote=733605]
      Wow! It must be so nice having a wife that is a nail tech! It is really true that nobody cares what we wear because it is not their business. I always have fire engine red toenails on display in women’s sandals in my normal feminine male mode. I get a lot of compliments from women on my pedicures and nail polish. If the girls on this forum would try openly wearing nail polish 24/7 they would find that the fear was in their own mind. No one cares.

I have never had one done by a professional. I mentioned to my wife a couple weeks ago I would like to paint my nails. She gave me a little laugh like no way. Well the next Saturday she came home with some hot pink polish!!! She then gave me complete manicure with epsom salt bath filling and defoliation and then she painted my toes!!! Then I did the same for her matching hot pink toe nails.then we watched a comedian and had popcorn together. Today she brought home light pink and we are going to redo them tomorrow and watch a chick flick! I came out to her last October (been married 44 years next month) and she has been very supportive. I underdress daily this gurl has found her girl. I am so blessed! Joeleen

J J
      Lady

Sometimes my wife of nearly forty years still surprises me. We were trekking in Nepal at high altitude (17,500 ft) with a large group. We checked out pulse oxygen (PaO2) occasionally and when I went to check mine she loudly stated, “you are wearing polish”. It was a subtle color, but not anymore.  I didn’t care, if I did I would not be wearing it, but I was a bit surprised sue announced it to the whole group. I guess I might as well wear bolder colors if she is going to announce it anyway.😎😁👍

Bridget
      Lady

My nails take a beating due to my work, so yes I’ve had several manicures.  My manicurist has hinted that she would like to color my nails; but so far we’ve only done clear.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Victoria, I love getting my nails done!! My first time was in Sept of 2021. I contacted my niece almost 100 miles away to schedual a session at her salon. I got them done in my collage colors. You can see this first time with my nails with my profile picture. I was hopeing that this collage color nails would catch on but no. By the way most didn’t seem to care, so since I have gotten my nails done at a local salon 3 or 4 times a year since. A couple of my favorites was red, green and silver sparkly for Christmas last year and my lavender nails I had done for my 50th class reunion.
      For me seems most people don’t care what my nails look like. It is also a lot of fun comparing nails with some of my co-workers at the post office.

. Cassie

Mia Mor’e
      Baroness

I get my pedicures with my wife. Last time we both got Barbi pink. I just tell the salon professionals to do whatever color my wife chooses and they love that!

I’m growing out my nails to get that nice square look to them, then maybe… It might be too much for the wife.

Anonymous

After trying on fake colored nails recently, I so now want to get a manicure. Will need to grow the nails out first.

Cassie Jayson
        Duchess

Jessica, growing out your nails is not necessary. At the salon they can glue on tips and give you any length and any shape you want. It is so much fun!!

. Cassie

I never had the privilage but it is on my want list. But I am a chicken.

Anonymous

Hi Victoria-Rose,

Just the once, at a salon in another locale than mine that I knew to be accommodating. I try to keep my nails longish, but usually trim them myself, and put a hard clear gloss on them. So it was so lovely to be pampered and have someone else, with better skills, doing it for me.

I’m sure it won’t be the last time.

eM xxx

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I have not, but want to so bad.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?