Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Ladies,

I was shopping today at CVS for waterproof mascara.  At the checkout the female cashier asked in a joking manor “Is it for you?”  She was joking as I was in drab mode.  I played along and we both had a good laugh.

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend.

Alice

Hi Sam,

They sure are!  During the slow times you gotta have a little fun.
      Alice

Samantha Joan
      Hostess

Hey Alice

Hope you are well.

I have always been a massive babelline/Maybelline mascara fan, I am still yet to perfect my whole eye look but their mascara is the best out of the many brands I have tried.

If the opportunity is there, I think I will say “It’s for me” just see the reaction. Would have to be the right person on the other side of the counter though.

Take care and hugs!

Samantha x x

I am a big fan of Max Factor mascara, and when I had a makeover, the artist suggested that I have a few falsies – that is, not full false eyelashes, but individual ones, strategically placed to give volume.

I had no idea that such things existed – and was very glad to have an artist apply them for me, as the look was terrific, and the lashes stayed in for a couple of days – and brushed out easily.

This relates to the original story in that when I booked the session, she asked if I was booking for my wife.

When I said “No, for myself”, she was a little taken aback by my baldness of approach, but rallied magnificently, and was really lovely when she said that she’d never done makeup for a cross dresser before, but was totally up for it.

I am so going back!

Love Laura

Hi Laura,

Thanks for sharing.  I wasn’t aware of adding single eyelashes for fullness.  Hope your make over was a blast.

Alice

Hi Samantha Joan,

Thanks for commenting on your favorite brand.

Alice

Hi Julia,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  As stores continue to reopen let’s hope the make overs will happen so we cross dressers can explore different brands.

Alice

Robin Snow
      Duchess

Hi Alice,

OMG! Mascara is on of those pieces of femininity that really gets the pink fog rolling in.

When I’m out shopping and I approach a SA for help I always let them know I am shopping for myself.   If I bring something to cashier and they say something,  I usually come clean.

Robin

Anonymous

Hello Ladies,

I myself like Mary Kay, YSL and MAC makeup.

Want to try brands sold locally as waiting for shipping is horrible. I ordered some makeup July 21. It just came in 9 days ago. It was shipped via USPS. The post office showed on tracking they had the package. Then it just sat at the California post office. I thought with the heat. The makeup would be ruined. Thankfully, it was OK..

💋Natasha

Hi Robin,

CVS has a beauty club you can join.  You get extra bucks (it’s like cash you can spend) when you spend $30 on beauty products.  And through their Loyality program you’ll receive coupons for discounts on cosmetics or other products.

Always good to come clean when shopping.  Some CVS have a beauty consultant available so  you have someone to  ask questions of.

Alice

Hi Natasha,

Years ago I attended a Mary Kay make over that was held in my local area.  Of course they try to sell you their products but it was so much fun!  There were about 4 other women and the area Mary Kay rep with another rep .

Alice

[postquote quote=379367]
      It’s more like individual small clumps of eyelash than individual hairs, to be fair.

I guess it’s possible to get the effect by pulling falsies apart – I will ask Poppy next Saturday, when I have my next session!

Love Laura

I love eye makeup and especially making my lashes as pretty as possible.

I’ve tried many brands of mascara and have several that I really like.

L’Oreal Voluminous is my favorite, but I also like “Falsies” by maybelline.

I am a big masscra girl too and love wearing it and at times false lashes. The good thing about CVS is that you can always use the self service check out if youre nervous about your purchases

Hi Deborah,

Yes, how very true.  With social distancing every other self check out register is disabled.

Alice

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?