Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello,

I often feel alone in my crossdressing journey and would love to meet people who want to just go out to get drinks/lunch and go for walks in the beach (maybe sunbathing) but honestly have no idea where to look to meet like-minded people.

Where would I start? I live in Toronto

Cece X
      Lady

I am glad to see this topic arise again, I have known several trans folk from my community work, but sometimes feel like I would like to befriend a non-transitioning crossdresser like myself. I made the attempt a couple of years ago but, unfortunately, the two I met and others with whom I corresponded by email were primarily seeking a tryst with a fellow crossdresser. That was not what I was seeking. I became disappointed and stopped looking for a CD companion. There was a meet-up group of crossdressers that met in New York City pre-pandemic; maybe I will have the courage to join them someday.

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

Hi Amanda! I was lucky enough to find a local person in the cdh member directory. After we spoke for a couple of months we decided we would meet in drab and eventually dressed. Personally I love having a cd friend( we have so much in common it’s uncanny), who else understands what we go through than another dresser. I also think a gno maybe be a good way to find a friend, I have seen them on line and they are in public places so they seems safe to me. Good luck to you Amanda!

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I’m in Ottawa so for me it a bit too far but given that you are in Toronto you can go to a place I only wish I could go to. From what I understand xxxxxxxx  have meetups at a restaurant specifically for people like us.

Of course if you (or anyone else) swing by Ottawa I would be glad to meet.

/kt

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Dawn Wyvern. Reason: Link removed - please PM originator with the info

Amanda –

An interesting topic.

Like you I would like to meet other CD’s in my area to be able to socialize and exchange ideas.  Recently I thought I may have found a support group that would allow me to do that, however, it was comprised of those that were in the process of transitioning and not what I was looking for.

On possibility that you may want to try is the Member Directory here.  You can search for others by location to see if there is anyone near you.  I tried that and found that there are some ladies near me.  I haven’t reached out to anyone yet as I am a bit nervous, but that is my nature.

Good luck.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Ohh I didn’t know I could do that. Thank you

Amanda,pretty much in the same boat,  would love to meet others but no local options and dont have a clue.  Tried the directory here but most girls in my area are not active currently on cdh.  Some day I hope!!

MelanieElizabeth
        Ambassador

If there aren’t others here near you in the directory I would suggest looking for a meet up in your area but those require going out in public so that can be a challenge as well. I also would suggest attending a conference if you can. Many would require traveling out of town but such events are safe and all are accepted.

Is there a summer in Toronto?

🥰 Polly

Feels like it now!! 20+°c here! Been in shorts and tanks all day all weekend!!!

Brielle
      Lady

As some said above, try the Meetup app / Website. Our local group is all-inclusive. We have CDs, TGs, gays, Bis, NBs, spouses, everyone’s welcome and we rarely discuss our transitioning. We just hang out at a gay bar here and socialize. It’s very affirming and enjoyable.

The way I found it, was just doing Google search on “LGBTQ groups (or meetings, or events) near me”. I know I’ve seen a number of members here from Toronto, but it’s a massive city and everyone may be spread out. Maybe everyone is waiting for someone to start a group? You may also want to look into the Pride festival organization to see if they have any current group information.

Good luck!

Hugs,

Brie

Hi Amanda,

I know how you feel! I also really wish I could meet up with other CD’s…yet I’m also very wary as I’ve had a few bad experiences so far (NOT from this community!) from individuals that were more about ”hooking up” than enjoying the company of someone going through similar experiences. I’ve been searching for group events and I know that before COVID, there was a group in our area (Eastern Ontario – including Ottawa) that would meet yearly near Kingston, ON for a weekend. Not sure if this is still going on…but you may want to check out xxxxx  It provides a calendar of events in your area. You may be able to find something happening near Toronto. Hope this helps! My daughter now lives in Toronto…so maybe next time I drop by for a visit…we can connect! Best of luck!!

Stephanie

xoxo

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Dawn Wyvern. Reason: Link removed - please PM originator with the info
        Anonymous
        Lady

Amanda,

Thanks for sharing. I have a similar problem. I’d love to meet someone to dress with, talk, laugh, and share a glass of wine, but I live in a rural area. When I go to other sites, the only ones interested in meeting are guys who just want one thing, and I’m definitely not wanting that type of meeting. Maybe it’s a blessing – maybe I’m supposed to become better at being “Jackie” before Jackie meets someone.

I don’t have good advice, girl. All I have is my love and compassion for you.
        Kisses,

Jackie

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

Ladies

:Please be careful in posting links to sites with the aim to ‘meet up’.

While I know that the links you have mentioned are not ‘pick up’ sites, I would ask you not to post any more and PM the information to keep this post with in the site rules. We are not a ‘pick up’ site and work hard to protect it.

Also we have a function on the site for finding a group in your area in the group area and also recommendations can be left in the  ‘places’ section.

Many thanks for your understanding

Dawn (admin)

Thank you.

However I’ve used the places search and it just keeps showing me different locations for Torrid. I don’t think this is very helpful for my situation, I wasn’t looking for links to other sites, just tips and guidance on beat places.

Thanks you ❤️

Thank you all for the suggestions and help! I appreciate you all!!

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have visited wild side before but ingot really bad vibes and left. Probably something to do with my age and looks…

Anyways, I have been to crews and tangos dressed up, Grady’s and a few clubs that are closed now. Always felt like prey being alone in the big city. Had some really bad experiences this way as well.

Thanks for the tips, it helps Alot.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Meeting CDs?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?