Registered On: July 14, 2019
      Topics: 30
      Replies: 1093

The dark summer purge is almost over.

12,000 members sent packing

In 5 days the Dark Autumn purge begins

Muh ha ha ha ha!

<evil grin>

Are you talking about purging your clothes and makeup? I hope not!

Kay

ack! No! No! No!

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Kay Anderson
      Participant
      Registered On: June 1, 2020
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 561

Muh ha ha ha ha!

<evil grin>

Are you talking about purging your clothes and makeup? I hope not!

Kay

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Amanda Burton
      Participant
      Registered On: January 15, 2020
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 384

Gosh I was a way for will, due to moving etc. So I am glad that I am back then, besides I missed all the girls and chats.
      But like many sites and organizations if your account is under used for a period of time then you are removed, which if you think about it is only fair.
      The solution would be to able to notify the site through your account of any planed absence you may wish to take.

Emily Alt
        Participant
        Registered On: August 24, 2019
        Topics: 9
        Replies: 307

Another good suggestion.  Thanks Amanda!  I hope management is following this thread.  Lots of good ideas to improve CDH.

PY Marshall
      Participant
      Registered On: July 21, 2018
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 215

Hi Emily,ladies,so glad this did not happen last year as my membership lay dormant for about 7 months due to hospitalisation of both my wife and i.Not the big C,and we are both on the mend,but 2019 was mostly a write off. CDH and all you ladies give me a medicine that cannot be prescribed by a doctor and i find here to be very therapeutic .Stay safe. Pyxx.

7 users thanked author for this post.
        Emily Alt
        Participant

Welcome back PY!  Glad you’re recovery is going well!

Autumn Valiant
      Participant
      Registered On: July 14, 2019
      Topics: 30
      Replies: 1093

Muh ha ha ha ha!

<evil grin>

Emily Alt
        Participant

Glad you’re not an ambassador Evil Autumn!  Ha ha.  I thanked you but I’m not sure why!

Kathleen 60454
      Participant
      Registered On: January 8, 2020
      Topics: 21
      Replies: 211

I have a suggestion which I have setup in some genealogy sites that I belong to. These sites have setup a Beneficiaries where by the person who owns the account can assign someone to take over their account in the event the original account owner has either passed away or is unable to personally handling his account. In our case here a trusted beneficiary could go on and delete the account if they haven’t heard from the owner for a period of time. Of course there would have to be some safeguards installed so the beneficiary cannot just arbitrarily cannot delete the account. Just a thought. Kathleen

rebekka moore
      Participant
      Registered On: January 7, 2017
      Topics: 77
      Replies: 851

I know I have not participated as much as I would like to!  Just difficult these days because there is always someone around.  I was going to post about that subject this morning.  Keep an eye out.

🙂

Bobbi
      Participant
      Registered On: September 13, 2018
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 1448

Another thought:  Many of us are “not getting any younger”, & die.
      Well, if they’re living a “secret life”, there’s nobody to tell us, so the account sits dormant.
      If enough of these pile up & get cleaned out, it gives the appearance of a mass exodus.
      Sorry if that sounds kind of “dark”.

Sa•man•tha
        Founder
        Registered On: January 21, 2018
        Topics: 312
        Replies: 1456

This is true unfortunately.  There’s someone I used to see a lot here whom i always enjoyed, she was about 70, lived alone and wasnt in the best of health.  Havent seen her around here since last fall.  Even tho I’m out to people and they know I’m on this site, they dont have access to my account info here so if I died suddenly…

K Swim
        Participant
        Registered On: July 8, 2019
        Topics: 11
        Replies: 619

That’s something I didn’t think of when I posted below. I can for sure say that if I unexpectedly left this plain of existence, there would be no one who could close my account.

Bobbi
      Participant
      Registered On: September 13, 2018
      Replies: 1448

My thinking is that many of them are trolls who come to the site looking for a hook up, or looking to have a laugh. They get tired, MoveOn, and never come back. And then there are the ones who sign up with good intentions, And wonder “what if my SO finds out?”, so they Suppress their true feelings and never return.

Stephanie Kennedy
      Participant
      Registered On: March 15, 2019
      Replies: 605

Hi Emily Thank you for being so observant. I never noticed. Our community is so diverse and our desires change over time. Staying in touch with our ever changing community does take a lot of work I am sure So thank you to Robyn for responding and Emily for noticing It says a lot about the CDH community.

Luv Stephanie

stephanie plumb
      Participant
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 97
      Replies: 917

If the number of non participating members is as high as 90% there must be reasons for it, as stated by other replies to this post.

One thing though…. this site is a bit difficult to navigate for new members. Even now I don’t really know all the ins and outs and so only use those features I am comfortable with.  I had to ask SA*MAN*THA recently about the correct way to reply to a replier to a post because my reply was going to the top of the post instead of underneath the girl I was replying to.

Maybe it is a good idea for someone to produce a User Guide that new members can be directed to to make their early visits easier. It may persuade some of them to hang around and participate rather than give up in frustration. We may be missing some potentially valuable contributors this way.

Stephanie P

Emily Alt
      Participant

As I expected, accounts that were not in use for whatever reason have been removed. Thanks Robyn for confirming. If anyone got the impression I was accusing CDH of a wholesale purge, I apologize. That is not what I was indicating. A mass exodus of active members does not seem like a viable scenario. So many of us simply love this site. Myself included.

As K Swim indicated, there are good reasons for removing accounts that haven’t been used in a long time. Database performance improves when links to stale data are removed. Accounts that haven’t been used in a while are more likely to be compromised. Many people use the same password for multiple sites. If one of those sites gets hacked, the bad guys often can use the stolen credentials on other sites. CDH would be a prime target for a bigoted hacker.

I agree with Debbie J. Most sites have a core group of active members. The vast majority of members visit sporadically or hardly ever. I believe CDH fares a little better in this regard. It does seem our core group of active girls is large. That’s testament to the passion girls have for our community.

Stay safe and stay beautiful ladies!

Emily

K Swim
      Participant
      Registered On: July 8, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 619

If this is a true statement then as an IT technician myself, I can confirm that this is a smart decision.

I know that some may create accounts, be active for a while, then stop logging in. Others may have created an account, but were too nervous about joining such a community, so they stopped using it very shortly after they join.

Assuming your observations are correct and there have been ten thousand or so accounts removed, from a security standpoint, that’s ten thousand site vulnerabilities removed. Regardless of what this website is all about, there are bad guys out there (from every country on this planet) that are trying to cyber attack anything and everything they possibly can. In this case, there are now ten thousand less ways for the bad guys to attack this site.

Also, data storage. Profile information have got to be stored on a hard drive somewhere…and those hard drives need to be backed up. Even if those ten thousand accounts did not have much information about themselves on their profiles, there is still information that needs to be stored and backed up. Removing that many inactive accounts frees up so much hard drive space which also means that there is less data that needs to be backed up.

Robyn Drake
      Participant
      Registered On: March 19, 2019
      Topics: 46
      Replies: 22

Hi ladies,

We are in the process of clearing our redundant and dead accounts. There has not been a purge of active members, nor has there been a voluntary exodus.

The fall cleaning will help us manage the chat room better.

Good Question. Thanks for asking.

– Robyn

Alice Underwire
      Participant
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 2063

Hi Emily,

That is a great question.  Let’s see what  the Ambassadors have to say.

Alice

Debbie J
      Participant
      Registered On: April 24, 2019
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 57

For every group I’ve ever been part of, I could say that about 1% were extremely active, either running things or providing significant input, and about 9% were active on a daily or near-daily basis. the other 90% showed up occasionally, or signed up, looked around, and never came back.

Stevie Steiner
      Ambassador
      Registered On: June 11, 2020
      Replies: 643

That’s an awful big drop.  Cleaning house or people moving on?  Still, either way, that’s a lot of girls!😮

Stevie

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.