Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

I saw this meme on Facebook, today. I just wanted to post it & get your feelings on it:

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'I feel bad for parents nowadays. You have to be able to explain the birds & the bees... The bees & the bees... The birds & the birds... The birds that used to be bees... The bees that used to be birds... The birds that look like bees... Plus bees that look like birds but still got a stinger!!!'

I can’t really be bothered by memes. There are thousands created everyday, many are meant to get a reaction and or poke fun at various groups/individuals.     I am who I am and try to spend my time worrying about issues that actually affect me.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

I wish more people would worry about their own issues rather than other peoples lives.   I guess its easier for some to put others down rather than improve themselves.

Stevie

It shows the ignorance of other people that are unwilling to accept or explain to their children the real facts of life. Just my opinion!

Lisa Leigh

I have a Wild sense of Humor so it would have to be Something Extreme & meanly directed and even then I would probably find the humor…  This is nothing but cute and I do find it Very accurate!! But I don’t think “Kids” need to be inundated with all of it at Young ages but that is exactly what’s happening and most of it is due to the pressures of  the LGBTQ community! Sorry but it’s true…. Let the Kids be Kids for a while… It doesn’t last long… especially in this Day & Age…..     Jill💖

Angela Booth
      Hostess

It is what any one wants it to be. That’s the way it is these days dependent how it is viewed.

For me I thought it funny as in my day parents would shy away from talking about the birds and the bees, let alone everything else described in the meme.

Many comedic programmes such as  Peter Cook and Dudley Moore did a hilarious skit on parents telling children about sex. Father and Roger on sex – check it out You Tube.

I go with Jill and kids – Let them Bee…….

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hiya Dawn!  I saw this on fb too.  I find it amusing, but I have a healthy sense of humour and can laugh at myself.  Usually its the derogatory responses from the troglodytes out there that offend me.

I’ve found out recently the great level of pure hate directed towards trans people.  An interesting debate can turn ugly once they look at my profile.  Then it’s….

” oh, sorry, what pronoun should I use with you? 😆😆”…and its all downhill from there.  Sad….

Stevie

Anonymous

You have to laugh at something like that! Why? Because if you can’t laugh, you’ve lost something even more important, your sense of humor. Waaaaayyyy too many cultures have already seemed to have lost that, or are in the process of losing that, which really makes things much worse for every single person. We can’t take ourselves that seriously, because at the end of the day, even though it’s a meme, there is an element of truth to it…, and that’s funny!

But that’s just my $.02 worth…

Hugs,

Holly

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Dawn, I saw this a while ago and at first it outset me, but then I thought about it. Sure it is sort of taking a shot at all the different people that are out there, but that may be good. At least people are taking about those who don’t fit into their nice little gender definitions. I began to see where it is a good thing the message is getting out that others do exist and need to be recognized. As Jimmy Buffett once said: “We are the people, our parents warned us about”. Things are changing.  I’m okay, you’re okay, we are all okay, let’s talk about it. It is the only way to get the message out there.

zeezee
      Duchess

Good laugh for the day.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I replied it is hilarious. But it is kind of sad to, thinking of my 3 yo granddaughter, whenever I see her she just smiles and yells “GRANDPA”, she is happy to see me and doesn’t care how I am dressed. In a year or two I am sure it will come up that most men don’t dress this way and it is not ‘normal’. I AM TIERED OF BEING ‘NORMAL’.

. Cassie

Lea
      Lady

They forgot the bee dressed up like a bird…lol.

It’s complicated, and will be so from here on out. I recently heard friend mention their kid was acting trans because it was a rebellious fad.

A “fad”…I couldn’t believe those words. Who would “act” a way that is going to make every relationship and friendship a nervous test of acceptance.

Then they explained how using trans was the perfect way to force a parent to question everything about themselves.

If only there was big emphasis on birds vs bees and it was just that we are all beautiful creatures.

Revel
      Baroness

I have to use puns with this one. Haha.

I can see how it could BEE a little offensive, or BEE very funny. However, I think it’s important not to take it too seriously. Don’t worry, BEE happy. LOL.

Rev

Nancy
      Lady

Social media and memes are really very complicated things to understand. You can’t read feelings or attitudes from text. So, I at least to some extent judge things like this factoring in the context and source. If someone whom I know is homophobic or transphobic posted it, then I would know that their intent was to make fun of or offend a minority group, or put that group in a negative light to all their friends and family.

I actually just saw a meme earlier that said something like, “If you are making fun of someone who is hurting, then it’s not a joke, it’s bullying.” Sorry if I didn’t quite get the quote right, but the meaning kind of hit home for me.

Again, it’s all context. Seeing the meme shared by one of you, no, I’m not offended. We’re all complex people. 🙂

Nancy

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

While in general I find stuff pretty funny and try to take them with a grain of salt.

I can understand if someone is trying to make a point. I actually don’t think it’s that hard to explain the combinations possible… IF you are willing to accept them and treat them with value.

If you make light of a “bird that still has a stinger” you’re teaching the kid to not take it seriously.

So, no, I’m not offended by things that are just funny. Not at all. I have a pretty Effed up sense of humor at times…

Just make sure that the ones you’re responsible for teaching, know the difference 😉

Have fun out there!

XOXO

Rayna

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?