Tagged: 

• This topic has 23 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

After reading an interesting piece, my theory that women enjoy their own clothing often for the same reasons and in the same manner as crossdressers.  It’s not always as simple and practical as they would have us believe.  Sometime, as with us, it’s fantasy!  Could this similarity in perspective lead to better understanding among wives and significant others?  Could this be a breakthrough?  I think so!  Do you?

I do think that the difference between men and women is more of a spectrum than a line.  I believe we are all part of one and the same human family.  I think there are cross dressers in every culture and they cross dress in the clothes from that culture.  I think it’s genetic predisposition combined with a love of creative expression.

Anonymous

Hi Falecia

The man and woman that live in my house are definitely more than similar….because they are me!!!

……but wearing the man’s clothes is SO not a fantasy 😂😂😂

Smiles, grace xx

….perhaps.

Although as many/most of us have observed, many GGs actually do NOT enjoy the clothes we CDs often love.

Women often avoid sexy, impractical clothing at all costs and whenever possible — in contrast to many CDs who actually embrace a fem appearance and clothing.

In many respects, WE live the fantasy, THEY avoid it.

Anonymous

i think men and woman are not the same. i think a woman can do just about everything a man can do and more. i think thats why we are all crossdressing. we want to be on the winning team. woman are smart, sexier looking (at least in their younger years), more open, have more feeling, caring, ect. as a man we have to control our feeling and if we dont we are concidered weak.

AMEN!

I would also add that a world ran by women would be far less war torn, toxically competitive and obsessed with power.

Anonymous

yes woman avoid sexy clothes. main reason is men are pigs. you dress sexy and you attract unwanted attention. girls dress sexy when they are together as a group. not alone. and woman dont dress sexy to attract men, they dress sexy to show off to other girls. i have lots of girls come up to me when im dressed at the bar. they talk to me because they feel safe around me. they tell me most of the guys around are pigs and i believe that. i have had some rude things said to me but not many because i would probably kick their ass. but i dont have to worry about that. most people tell me if anyone gives me a hard time they would kick their ass. anyway its not easy being a young girl. most of them live in some sort of fear, they all carry pepper spray or knives/ im sure they would use them if they had to. i think thats why girls perfer to date other girls. they treat each other like they want to be treated. when you dress and go out you find out about alot of stuff you never noticed before.

I would have to think that advertising effects us similarly. They’re not selling the item they’re selling the image and the fantasy that you can fill that image.
      Whether that image it prosperous, affluent, sexy or something else we try to fit that image.
      In our case that image is also feminine.
      How we see ourselves does not necessarily align with reality. Women also. But as long as no one is holding a mirror up to us we can pretend we are that image.

I would say more the opposite.

Yes they’ve been brainwashed to not do it anymore.  You cant feel sexy, you cant feel like a woman, you cant look like a woman, you cant like looking sexy…you must drink the kool-aid and be a stretchy pants, flip-floppin frump!!  Haven’t we noticed over the past decades how bland and non-descript a lot of women have become.

They are just as oppressed and damned for being pro-woman, as the men who refuse to indulge in their feminine side for fear of weakness like Rachel mentioned.

By being CD,  I have a much better understanding of what women have to do to look sexy.  I greatly appreciate when a woman gets “Dolled-up”  I have also found myself to become more loving, compassionate and understanding when I embraced the feminine side of myself.

Thank you Gen!  🙂

Anecdotal v. Scientific!
      My recent preoccupation (yes, I admit it) with the similarities between natural women and heterosexual crossdressers was triggered by an article published on the mycdlife website hosted by Gabrielle Hermosa.  In her explanation of the myths about crossdressing (#7) she writes of her former spouse’s propensity to admire her image while dressed in provocative clothing.  This item certainly rings familiar with many crossdressers, because that’s kind-of-exactly what we do.  Regardless of the terminology, analysis, or fantasies involved, I’ve never once heard a CD maintain that they didn’t enjoy the thought, image, or sensation of dressing in feminine clothing.  Ironically, some of the clothing that I now find appealing and satisfying is not, by most definitions, provocative at all.  Jeans, a tunic, and booties can look very attractive, but, in most iterations it would not generally be considered uniquely sexy.

Gabrielle’s article brought me back to behaviors I’ve identified over the years.  For example, my wife, who is very attractive, has a particular view of what looks good when she makes her choice of clothing.  When I compliment her choices or suggest other potential choices, it really always comes down to how she wants to look.  I’m not suggesting that she sees things the same as Gabrielle’s former spouse or that she engages in any sort of self-admiration, harmless as that may be.  I’m just suggesting that appreciation for the clothing or the look we choose for ourselves likely has a gender variant and/or sexual component.  Since feminine clothing is generally more ornamental than masculine clothing within our Western culture, it is not a stretch to understand why or how it could draw both male and female enthusiasts.  Many non-CD men, regardless of their assertions, select and admire all sorts of fetish attire.  Those of you who served, can acknowledge how many guys get-off on any variety of military uniform choices.  Should crossdressing be judged harshly because the choices aren’t approved for male accoutrementation?

So, why the title for this comment?  Because I’ve read Blanchard, Lawrence, Moser, et all, and none of their studies confirm or effectively refute the similarities between mildly sexualized, but otherwise normal, females and heterosexual crossdressers.  The surveys (questionnaires), I believe, are far too random and skirt (no pun) the genuine component of eroticism there are trying to identify.  Perhaps this is not one for science unless someone is trying to fulfill an academic publication expectation.  Perhaps, instead, the anecdotal documentation and admissions by actual women are what we really need if our objective is to understand the attraction of feminine clothing among cis women, transgendered women, and crossdressers alike.  Thank you, Gabrielle!

Which is why I call it ‘athenasing’ rather than ‘cross-dressing’; because I needed a term that applied to both sexes rather than assuming that the desire to be feminine and beautiful only applied to one sex.

Araminta.

Anonymous

It could be.  I hope it is.  We could use such a breakthrough.

Well my fiancé says that their clothing isn’t enjoyable to wear and doesn’t understand why i want to wear it. This coming from a woman who until I came out always tried to look her best. She must have enjoyed it or she wouldn’t have put so much effort into it. She changes clothes 4 or 5 times before we go anywhere. Any time we go to the lake she tries on a bare minimum of 3 bathing suits till she decides on one and that’s subject to change right before we walk out the door.

Women do enjoy their clothes and so do I. I change numerous times while dressing because I want to see all my outfits in all their variations in one setting so basically I’m much like my fiancé. I try several outfits till I find the one I want. It’s part of the fun.

So my feeling is yes women enjoy their clothing just as much as we do.

Most women can remove their bras without removing the blouse (or garment) that covers it or slip on 5-inch pumps without touching them. Those talents alone should qualify for advanced leadership.  BTW, I taught myself to do both!

[postquote quote=402901]
      That’s pretty deep and quite interesting .

[postquote quote=403279]
      I’ve seen my fiancé pull her bra out of her shirt sleeve on many an occasion. When I first saw it I thought to myself “now that was impressive ” lol.

[postquote quote=403045]
      You know, thats also one of the biggest problems in a man/woman typical marriage.  It’s very common shortly after having kids, the woman in many ways stops caring and gives up putting in effort to look good.  Sure in part because life now revolves around the kids…which is also a mistake…but now that marriage has been secured…she seems all done with looking good and making the husband/wife relationship fulfilling.  Just an observation!

xo – Robyn

Cath N.
      Baroness

I completely agree with you. Gone are the three piece suits, the crisp shirts, the shiny shoes. No effort whatsoever. It’s all jeans and t-shirts. Complete disregard for what my eye wants to see….such a shame.

[postquote quote=403709]
      Agree with whom? All of us? Some of us? Who do you agree with? Nobody mentioned 3 piece suits and shiny shoes. Who is it that you’re agreeing with? Are you just trying to shame us a little? Hmmm, is that what you’re doing?

Cath N.
      Baroness

Woo Jessica, relax. I was replying to Robyn who said that women don’t make any effort in dressing after they get married. I said it’s the same for the men, when they get married, they no longer make any effort to make themselves visually appealing for the women. So another thing we have in common, really. No one is trying to shame you, so no projecting on me please.

P.s. my phone Reply to quote is not working for some reason.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Cath N..

Sa*man*tha,

I think this one is on me.  My references may have seemed (or actually are) euphemistic, but my intent was more specific.  The person from whom I garnered the subject matter used more blatant/specific language to describe female image admiration.  I didn’t adopt that language because I was going in a different direction.  I think many women and some (perhaps older) crossdressers experience an endorphin rush and/or an increase in adrenaline flow from the acts of crossdressing (dressing up) and admiring their images.  Regardless of where that phenomenon culminates, it alone is significant and provides the pleasurable feelings associated with dressing up, no matter who you are.  I felt this was an important acknowledgement for women who might have found crossdressing among their male partners to be puzzling or distressing.  We’re all human beings.  If the things that bring us pleasure do not harm others (or ourselves) we are all served better by tolerance, acceptance, or understanding.

FAM

Gabriella Hermosa has been a vocal (written?) advocate for cross-dressing for several years now and has raised several cogent points of discussion.

Blanchard, Lawrence et al fail to recognize that the desire to be a beautiful woman, and the sexual arousal from being a beautiful woman, exists in both sexes. Their views concerning so-call homosexual cross-dressers fail to take into account the mistaken premises concerning sexual orientation as well as the fact that sexual identity is a gender issue and not necessarily a matter of one’s sex.

Sexual identity can and does change with gender. This why, for some males, they are wholly attracted to feminine females when presenting as men (i.e., as masculine) and very attracted to masculine men when presenting as women (i.e., as feminine.)

Araminta.

Anonymous

..If we were viewing it from a ‘level playing field’ without bias or judgement …then all being well, yes! And that would be ideal, and really what we strive for and ultimately wish for. Although, to the majority (sadly) CD’ers will always (but hopefully not) be regarded as the ‘odd’ or the ‘perverse’ It’s a lame tragedy, but sadly..still true. By no means am I saying I agree with that perspective or indoctrine though.

Thanks!

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?