Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

hi ladies i understand ladies shoe sizes are different to men’s i have a 12.5 wide fit what size am i in woman’s shoes ???

Hi Cara,

You generally add two sizes for the conversion. That would make you a 14 or 14 1/2. A friend here on CDH wears a 14. I was curious and searched the internet. To my surprise I found  that size on Overstock.com for $50 or less. I am sure there’s many crossdresser stores that will  carry that size also. As always check on the return policy as shoes are hard to fit online. You may see if there’s a CD store near you where you can actually try shoes on. Good luck with your search… Stephanie

Anonymous

Very good question, Cara, but with no simple answer. I’m a 12 W in men’s. Before Payless closed and I could try on shoes before buying, some women’s 12W fit me; other required 13W, and often those that I could get my foot in comfortably would be too wide in the heel, and I would walk out of them. I found ballet flats and ankle boots to be most forgiving, and heels the worst. But in addition to a large, wide foot, I have a high instep. The conversion charts say I should be a 14, but the one and only pair I ever found were too large. Oh, and the straps on strappy shoes may be too short. Unless you can try them on, shoe buying is tough for us girls with large feet.

Hi check out a website called pleaser they do shoes for ladies upto size 14

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

The rule of thumb is to add 1.5-2 to your men’s size to get your women’s size, but it depends on brand and style. There’s no standard and shopping online can be a lot of trial and error. I wear size 12 in Torrid and size 14 in most other brands.

It’s getting easier to find women’s shoes that fit but selection is still limited compared to whats available to most genetic women. It’s frustrating if you have big feet! Most times when I see a pair I love it’s not available in my size.

I’ve had the best luck with Pleaser and Torrid. Pleaser is sold by a lot of retailers including Amazon. They have hundreds of styles. Many are of the “exotic” variety but they do have plenty of mainstream selections. Torrid has far less to select from but their shoes are stylish and trendy. A big plus is you can try on shoes at their stores, once the virus lockdown passes that is.

Happy shoe shopping!
      Emily

Nordstrom rack is my best friend. I wear 12-13 wide and I get really lucky there. I use heel pads to correct most issues.

Happy hunting

Hi Cara,

That is the most frustrating thing for me in trying to become the most woman I can possibly be.

My shoe sizes are as follows:

Street shoes – 10 1/2

Running shoes – 11 1/2

Heels? 13W!

It is next to impossible to find 13W.

Jessica

Anonymous

Hi I’m a size 9s mens shoe so what size would i have to be in a woman’s shoe, i usually buy my shoes from a thrift/charity shop for not a lot of money in case they don’t fit then I just pass them on to another thrift shop if they don’t fit, i would like to have my feet properly measured so that i can buy the right size shoes, i think it would be better to go to a shop for cross-dresser’s and have them measured by them, then i don’t think i would get any funny looks when i buy them, xxxxx

I have found a brand for people with big feet it called pleaser

Pleaserusa.com

Measure your feet!

Most, if not all, of the online shoe retailers and department stores will have size charts on their sites; often with both men’s and women’s sizes on the same chart. Foot lengths are listed in inches or centimeters and that is the thing to pay attention to. However, there is some difference between charts. In men’s, I wear a 9 1/2 to 10. My longest foot measures 10 1/2”. That corresponds to a women’s size 11. Some of the charts are slightly different in that the Size 11 length is stated as 10 5/8”. By the way, that old rule of thumb about 2 size differences between men’s and women’s usually doesn’t hold true. For many people people it is more like 1 to 1 1/2 sizes.

The size 11 has proven to be accurate, but I need a wide width and that often creates a problem regarding what’s available. Strappy sandals or one and two band sandals are typically OK as there is usually enough compliance for me. Closed shoes are often a bit narrow and require some localized stretching. Note that there can be some variance between manufacturers…

I struggles with this issue for a bit, and thankfully Amazon has a generous return policy.  I am a 12 narrow in mens, so I am kinda close to ya in shoes.  I have found women shoes to fit around 1 1/2 sizes larger than mens.  now,they do not typically make 13 1/2 women’s shoes so i size down.  At a 12 1/2, a 14 women’s should be perfect for your.  NOW it depends on designer, so if you are buying online, I recommend going to shoe carnival or a shoe store where you can use one of those foot measurer things yourself and find your true size in inches or cm and if you have to buy your shoes off that online.

Anonymous

I am a size seven in mens shoes and used to buy my ladies ones in the same size.I have a wide foot and squeezing my feet into high heeled court shoes gave me untold pain.It’s only when ai started to look at crossdressing forums online that I shluld be buying a ssize up.However,these dayx I have shoe purchasing off to a fine art.I buy my shoes from the UK online shoe retailer Pavers.They offer shoes in E wide fittings.I find that the ladies E wide in Size7 suits me fine.I have rarely had any issues with discomfort.Tne only downsice is that some cute shoes in their catalogue that have taken my fancy are not available in the wicder fittimgs.But there are enough widefit shoes to keep me happy.

Anonymous

When I seriously started to crossdress  at the age of twelve through to my young adulthood I had no idea what my girls size was.I couldn’t wear my mum’s shoes as she was a size four.My girlfriend now my wifeis  a size three and a half.I didn’t know what it was like to wear ladies shoex until I was 25.I took a chance on buying a pair of patent high heels in Size 7 that miraceously did fit me.

Unless things have changed drastically since we closed the sporting goods store at the end of 1993 there’s 2 ways you can approach it.

My preferred way is to order your men’s medium size in women’s wide. If you’re a 9 1/2 in men’s try a 9 1/2 wide in women’s. For men’s wide try a women’s x-wide. Women’s medium is a B. Women’s wide is a D. Men’s medium is a D. I normally didn’t have any problems when I used to buy shoes at Payless and normally I don’t have any problems at Amazon.

I say normally because some brands run a little larger or smaller. Reebok was notorious for running a size smaller in both men’s and women’s.

The other way is to start with a size and a half larger in women’s medium than in your men’s medium. That can be hit or miss though. If you can’t find the shoe you want in wide then I’d definitely follow DeeAnn’s advice and measure your feet. Most people have one foot that’s a little longer than the other. Everybody is just used to getting shoes that fit when you try them on in a store so we’ve long ago ignored that fact. But depending on the manufacturer and/or the style one foot might be just into one size while the other is still in the half size down.

And yes, some people need to buy two pairs of shoes because one foot is one size and the other is a half size bigger or smaller. That’s why shoe stores and shoe departments check your shoes when you buy them, or at least they should. Some people try to mix and match sizes to avoid paying for two pairs.

One thing to point out:

There is no standard sizing in women’s shoes or clothes. While there may be some guidelines, there is nothing to enforce compliance.

Don’t assume. Go by real measurements…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?