Viewing 26 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      K Swim
      Lady

I know this topic is quite unusual for this community, but please hear me out:

Being an IT technician by trade, I make great effort (with a lot of success) to block the mass amount of advertisements that show on web pages as I browse. I can’t stop them all though. One product that appears to me more often while browsing one piece swimsuits is mermaid tails that you can wear and swim around in. How did they come to my attention as a “recommended item”? I was never a fan of that popular Disney movie. I had never searched for one before. And the biggest question, why am I starting to think about one to the point that I want to click to look when I see them?

So I am now looking at them a bit more often and am curious to find out what it’s like to try to swim with one. Yes, I know I would be the most hideous looking mermaid ever if I did that, but I keep myself hidden while spending what little time at the lake I can get to swim in my one piece swimsuits.

I am aware of the many safety risks that would go along with this, but I still want to try.

It looks like I would be investing anywhere from $50 to $2,000 to purchase one depending on quality and what it is made out of (fabric with plastic fin, or silicone). Obviously I am not going to immediately dump $2,000 for something I am not sure of, but maybe a smaller amount.

Thanks for reading. Any comments? Suggestions? Insults? Bring it. Please let me know what ya’ll think.

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by K Swim.
      Anonymous

You can’t walk wearing one, and I havn’t been to the beach or a pool for years; so my vote is NO – with one exception. One or two photos would be nice to show the grandkids, and a plausible reason for grandpa to be in a wig and makeup.

K Swim
        Lady

Yes, the inability to walk (or run away) would be a negative. I try to keep myself hidden and have had to quickly hide myself to avoid being spotted by an unexpected and unwanted audience in a few cases.

Although creating the excuse to dress that way for once in public would probably allow for honest thoughts from friends or family with only a small amount of embarrassment.

I just couldn’t see myself wearing one. I have never cared for the whole mermaid thing personally. I would never insult anyone over it either.
      Hugs, Ruby

K Swim
        Lady

Until recently, I never cared for the mermaid thing neither nor was I a fan of “The Little Mermaid” but now my curiosity is there. Who knows? Maybe I’ll try, not like it, then be done with it.

When I think of mermaid, I think of Daryll Hanna in Splash.  She made a very interesting mermaid,   she would look good in a burlap bag though.   Her on sidewalk of New York after Eugene Levy hits with water.  That was a great scene, she looked so hot.   I would like to try that if I could afford it.   Kristen

Anonymous

Yes, that was a fun movie to watch.

K Swim
        Lady

I’ve heard of that movie, but never watched it. But transforming into a mermaid when touching water, no thank you. I would prefer to have more control than that…like transform at will or something.

I will try it, but no coconut shell bra, please! If I am going to be a mermaid I want to be a real one!

K Swim
        Lady

A real one? Hmmm, I think the ability to breath underwater would be something worth having….but not if I had to sacrifice breathing air.

Ashley
      Lady

I voted yes but not swim with one… I’m bad at swimming so the last thing I need in the water is something restricting my movement!

It is a really interesting item though to be sure. I’d definitely try one on if I had the chance, but it would be very low priority to spend my own money on. If I had unlimited money though… a mermaid crossplay would be lots of fun!

Sitting around the house in it would also be a problem since I am not out to my dad yet (although I think that may change soon…) so at the moment I wouldn’t want to wear anything that keeps me from being able to move around if my privacy situation changes.

K Swim
        Lady

I figured that there would be those who would be willing to put one on and not swim which is why I added that option here. I haven’t officially decided how I want to proceed, so that could be what I end up doing.

Anonymous

“Honest thoughts from friends or family”. Now THAT’S a good excuse.

I say go for it if you want, but the cost yikes!! maybe if someone has that outfit for a photoshoot. As for me I would not feel complete without a pair of hose and heels on.

K Swim
        Lady

Yes, the cost is high for a lot, but not all of them. I am considering getting one of the ones that go for just over $100.

No photoshoot for me though. Hose for a little extra warmth under my pants during winter, but no heels neither.

ChloeC
      Duchess

As I mentioned in previous post, I owned a house with a sizeable pool (20×80 and up to 8ft deep). I would have loved to have had a mermaid outfit and paddled around the pool. It was always a fantasy of mine…back then.  I saw some online, but they looked a little pricey, and just didn’t seem that right.  The models were obviously out of water and maybe propped up. It would have nice to see them in water with the tails on.

K Swim
        Lady

If I owned a house with a private pool, I don’t think I would ever move out. Of course I would install a privacy fence so I could use it during the middle of the day as opposed to what I do now: a public lake at night with nobody else around…and with few chances to do so.

Yes, the models look nice. There are many videos out there of ladies swimming with mermaid tails. I haven’t watched many of them. I would rather just do it.

ChloeC
          Duchess

Hi Swim! I love your optimism. Just realize the pool was 33,000 gallons and the filter has to run continuously 24/7 from Memorial Day to labor day then drained down below in and out lines then all lines blown out then winterized and winter covered. The sand filter had to be changed yearly sucked out then 10 or so 50 lb bags dumped in. Had to fight off algae especially brown algae the worst kind. It is transmitted by well meaning kids of family friends who would swim in surrounding lakes then our pool without sanitizing their swimsuits. running the filter was an extra $100+ a month on top of air conditioning. Cottonwood season would mess up the filters big time. Leaks, broken water lines, liner issues heating cover, tree leaves, frogs and salamanders. Appraisers consider it an attractive nuisance and dont add it to the house and land value; and insurance premiums! You got to want it. But…twice i was out there swimming in a one piece, wig a little makeup keeping my head above water . Loved it. And even happier we moved.

K Swim
            Lady

I understand this would be a lot of work, but I would be up for it….in fact preferred. I’ve swam in pools when I was younger and saw many of them that seemed to contain more chlorine than water. I’d probably use system with salt. When I lived in Florida, I had a neighbor who had one with a screened enclosure which appeared to work really well for keeping leaves out. No idea why they maintained it but never used it.

I swim like a brick so not really much use to me lol.

K Swim
        Lady

I’d probably sink right away as well. I still kind of want to try though.

HI K ,

I would love to try one and be a mermaid.

I would like to try one that is realistic looking it sounds so fun and sexy.

I don’t know about the cost though wow.

As far as swimming it would have to be made to swim in but I would give it a try.

Seems I saw a place in Florida that had a show where women dressed as mermaid and swam around in a tank with a large glass window.

always been a fantasy of mine ( one of many LOL)

Patty

K Swim
        Lady

I’ve seen the pictures of those setups and wouldn’t mind swimming in one myself, but I would not want the audience.

As a scuba diver, the tail would be a serious help moving thru the water… so hell, yeah! Gimme a mermaid tail!

As a scuba diver, the tail would be a serious help moving thru the water… so hell, yeah! Gimme a mermaid tail! 🙂

K Swim
        Lady

It seems that even a skilled swimmer would have to learn how to swim all over again if they tried to swim with one. Could someone actually move faster in the water with one of these? Seriously, if you try and find out that’s true, please let me know.

Gail
      Lady

Is that anything like Lobster?

Krista
      Duchess

Hi K Swim, I live in northern Canada where going out swimming in a lake is not very likely most of the year. But we do have a lot of very busy indoor public swimming pools. So with that in mind, I would have to say that wearing a mermaid tail out swimming is not something that I would likely ever do. I did like Bettylou’s comment. I have two granddaughters who I’m sure would love to see me as a mermaid. At Hallowe’en last year, I dressed as Mrs. Bunny and my granddaughter also dressed as a bunny and we had our photos taken together. Good luck with your mermaid outfit. Make sure to share a photo with us. Have a lovely weekend!!
      Hugs, Krista

K Swim
        Lady

I would love to try this in a pool (probably safer that way), but my looks would scare off the crowds. Also I found out that a lot of public pools banned mermaid tails and monofins because of the safety risks they pose.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

It would be fun to give it a try. I used to swim quite a bit, but learning to swim with one would be quite a different thing altogether, however, with some instruction, I’m sure I could do it.

What would make it complete would be to have a nice set of breasts to go with the mermaid tail.

Amy

K Swim
        Lady

Yes, research tells me that even a skilled swimmer would have to learn all over again…but that fear is not really going to stop me.

Having a nice set of breasts…..totally agree.

Why would any one what to look like a mermaid.!

K Swim
        Lady

Well my curiosity is not really about *looking* the part…except that I would love to have a nice pair of breasts as well. I am just kind of wanting to experience actually swimming around with a mermaid tail.

Anonymous

A mermaid tail for swimming, no thank you.  However, I’d love to wear a mermaid style evening gown.

K Swim
        Lady

Yes, I had mermaid style dresses show up when I started doing further research, but dresses are not really my thing. Thanks for the comment anyways and hope a mermaid style dress makes you happy.

No thank you to the mermaid tail but I would love to have the DD breasts that Disney’s the Little Mermaid was sporting. 🙂

K Swim
        Lady

Of course a nice pair up top would make it better. Why would I want it any other way? 🙂

I haven’t read most of the responses, but this survey is utterly ridiculous.  Why would you waste our time with this kind of nonsense?  Of course, this from a 72 man who loves to wear women’s clothes.  One of the most advantageous elements of this propensity is that we must, if we have any integrity, accept or at least tolerate, some pretty bizarre lifestyle choices.  Mermaid tail?  Sure – why not!
      Be well,

FAM

Hi Felecia,
        I don’t see this as a waste of time or nonsense.
        We all can choose whether to participate or pass on this topic.

This is a support group and although this is a unique topic to this forum I found it interesting and unusual and that is not always bad.

To post on a topic calling it ridiculous in order to hurt someones feelings is very counter productive I feel,as long as the subject is within the guidelines of this sight why not.

sometimes something different is fun.
        My apologies for being brash Felicia

Thank you for posting K

I love mermaids and would love to be one sometime.

Patty

K Swim
          Lady

No worries. It takes a lot to hurt my feelings. Some call me cold and heartless, but I don’t care. As said in my original post, I did invite insults as well as comments.

Anonymous

This is the first time I had heard of a mermaid tail swimsuit. Though I have known of the monofin since the 90’s and I had always wanted to try those. So yes, I would be willing to wear and swim in a mermaid suit. To be honest, I am a little shocked by the negative feedback this pole has received. Stories of mermaids and mermen have existed for hundreds, if not thousands of years. And these fabled creatures have always been portrayed as… (Hmm, how to phrase this…) aesthetically pleasing to the eye… At least until they try to eat you. Then not so much. Regardless, people have always found the idea of mermaids and mermen to be hot. So I do not expect this fad to die out any time soon.

K Swim
        Lady

I knew this would have attracted insults, but I just wanted to ask anyway.

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

I live right near the home of the mermaids– Weeki Wachee, FL.

K Swim
        Lady

I’ve seen that name in my research, but never looked into it any further. I doubt I’d be invited to dress up and try it there though…

I had never thought about wearing a mermaid tail, but I’d be happy to try some day, however I wouldn’t spent something close to a $2000 figure.

The only reason I wouldn’t swim wearing a tail is because I don’t know how to swim 😀

Perhaps I need some teaching from a handsome prince….or would he need my help????

xoxo

Daisy

K Swim
        Lady

Honestly, I am not all that great at swimming neither. Although I can keep myself at the top and move around in deep water, I don’t move very fast at all when I do.

As far as spending $2000, I could, but I’m not going to. The ones I am looking at cost just over $100…still a tad bit high, but I am still going between “yes” and “no” the longer I look at them.

I am still undecided and what happens in this forum thread will most likely be what helps me decide.

I love that show. They are all so graceful. Long may it continue.

As for me and a mermaid tail: I don’t think so. Don’t wear a swim suit at all to be honest: Hate the things, Marlene.

K Swim
        Lady

No problem on your disagreements. I welcomed those to this thread as well as comments and insults.

Sure, I’d give it a try. I can swim and it would be interesting to try swimming with one…but I’m not paying for it…lol.

-Nat

K Swim
        Lady

Not paying for it? I would at least hope you are spending at least SOME money on your dressing and not stealing it.

Hippie
      Lady

I’m not interested, I’m a land creature and I’m not a strong swimmer to begin with. Oh, I can swim, but not well. Hope you don’t need me to save your life from water.

K Swim
        Lady

Ok, so under the possibility that I am in the water testing this whole mermaid tail idea where I discover the hard way that it was a bad idea, you could at least toss that flotation ring my direction so I can come back to tell ya’ll about it.

Hippie
      Lady

That I can do

K Swim
      Lady

As I said, some are expensive, some are cheap. I am not going to go straight to the expensive one if I do this, but I am not going to cheap out neither. Maybe somewhere around $100

K Swim
      Lady

Sorry about your pain, but I would enjoy 5 days a week in a pool if I was alone. I have never been able to swim in a pool in my one piece swimsuits.

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?