Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author
      DeLora
      Lady

Hi all, I have a bit of a project on the go. I am trying to assemble a sort of  time-line of my life with respect to my gender identity and the pivotal moments. Things like the first time I thought about what it would be like to be a girl, first time trying on girls clothing… right up to coming out to my wife.

One such moment was when I was maybe 8 years old, around 1984 perhaps. I was listening to an interview on the BBC with a transgender woman. I forget her name, but the story was very moving and it was my first introduction to the fact that men could become women. It got a lot of gears turning in my head.

I hope to find the interview or the name of the woman so I can read her story. I will share a memorable detail of the interview that may help you identify the person, however the details are a bit gruesome and I am hesitant to share them here. Fair warning I hope.

The woman in question, as with many transgender people was aware of her gender and gender dysphoria at a young age. After years of reaching out for help she took the drastic action of initiating her transition with with a shot gun. The reconstructive / gender reassignment surgery was successful if I remember correctly.

I have searched the internet, but am unable to find out who this woman was. If anyone recognizes this story and can put a name to this brave woman I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help,

D.

Oh my gosh.  That sounds horrible.  I don’t recall the story.

Good luck with your project though.  It sounds very worthwhile.

Best,

Clara

DeLora
        Lady

Hi Clara,

Yes, the details were not pleasant and that I guess attests to the impact gender dysphoria can on transgender people.

The interview had a huge impact on me, but I still have not been able to find who that woman was.

Regards,

D.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?