Viewing 25 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Yes the mini is back my sweeties, no not the mini cars. That icon of the sixties is back or rather the new mini mini, the new mid-thigh hemline of the autumn /winter catwalk. There is the fur-trimmed, metallic skater styles and an official office appropriate style ( Really?) is There has always been an age appropriateness debates between real GG’s about the subject with many feeling the self consciousness of body changes and the awareness of social character defamation for simple wearing one put them off . I have a couple of minis and short dresses too, and enjoy them, and honesty think I don’t look to bad. A quote I read and maybe some of you will agree or not, it read : ( Think of a mini like a nappy, you’re supposed to grow out of it), But surely like every item of clothes it’s not if you wear it, it’s how you accompany that item and dress accordingly to style it.

But what’s your opinion girls, do you agree with the GG’s arguments, are minis age appropriate?

Maybe you own minis what do think of these icons of fashion, and would you wear the new mini mini?,

Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Oh yes.

I love them….I have half a dozen, different colours and slightly different styles…..no mini mini’s yet….but I will get some…soon for sure.

You say they are back, ( ok, even smaller ) but for me….they have never left. Love them or hate them, every girl should wear one once!!!!

Grace x

you mean to tell me there are skirts that aren’t mini skirts?? no such thing for this gurl, long as I’ve got the legs for them!

Anonymous

Not sure how to break this to you Kelli, but yeah there are few non mini dress floating about somewhere. Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Own some mini dresses some mini skirts and some mini shorts Oh do have a mickey and mini mouse too giggles.

Anything shorter in the US is consider illegal.

Donna

Anonymous

I take that as a  Mickey mouse skirt, and not a cuddly toy?. Just clarifying Amanda

Anonymous

Would say both giggles the plushy toys and skirt

Donna the mouseter lol.

Anonymous

Mickey Mouse cuddly, cool

My preferred dress, are skater skirts, fairly short, though maybe not mini mini?
      Interestingly enough, my SO, tells me she could never wear them, but on me, they look good, and I would have no issue wearing them out, even at my age.
      Of course, she also tells me my legs are better than hers, so I guess that helps, lol
      Hugs, Regi👸💖

Anonymous

Well Regine,

Maybe she worried about the competition sweetie. Well there is a  hint for a Christmas present from your dear wife a mini mini. Just the ticket.

Lol Amanda xx

Lol, what a wonderful suggestion, Amanda, I will have to put the bug in her ear.
          Hugs,Regi👸💖

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I love my mini skirts and dresses. I’ve been wearing them ever since I’ve been wearing skirts and dresses. If I didn’t think they might be to short to wear out, they were to long and heeded to be hiked up or taken up a little. Short is always a lot of fun and very exciting to wear.

Anonymous

Hi Patty,

With those legs Patty you definitely would carry off the mini mini look sweetie,

Lol Amanda xx

Patty Phose
          Duchess

Thanks Amanda. In my teens I pulled my femme image off much better. Loved showing my legs in pantyhose.

Anonymous

Don’t blame you Patty. xx

Trisha
      Duchess

Yes. But it would have to be event specific.  Somewhere or something that I would not be the only one sporting it.

Anonymous

Hi Trisha,

A mini exhibition then, 😂😂

Sorry I’ll get me coat and leave.

Amanda xx

Trisha
          Duchess

Why not. I mean we take chances every day.  Why not be bold from time to time.

Anonymous

Definitely the right attitude Trisha.

Glad they are back in fashion and yes I have two. They really show off the legs along with designer hose and sexy heels. I am somewhat conscious of age now so I wear them to special events like tg parties and around my friends and lovers

Anonymous

Good for you Deborah, as I have said what you wear with a mini  can really make the difference in appearance.

Lol Amanda xx

one thing about wearing a mini dress is that we girls feel just a bit frisky and riskque in our manners too

Anonymous

Good heavens Deborah I don’t know what you could possibly mean 😉

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I have worn them but they are not far above the knee. It’s that balance to where and how you wear them and, a pair of pins to match! 

In my early days I wore a mini and my mother glared at me, ‘ We’re not going out with you wearing that! That’s not a mini it’s a belt’….Ouch….

You’re lucky you’re mother even let you wear them. I could only wear them at Halloween

I love my mini’s, I have 3 mini skirts and lost count of how many mini dresses I have lol, I just love their look and showing off a bit (a lot) of leg 😊 I would love to have the confidence to wear one out to an event or club, hay-ho one day maybe.

love Stephanie xx

Anonymous

Good Evening Amanda

No I don’t think wearing mini’s are age related, there are some lovely mature ladies who wear Mini’s and look good. It’s all about wearing them tastefully, without having the naughty bits  or knickers showing.

Love Sarah

xx

I’d prefer to wear my skirts just below the knee, but if anybody bought me one,I’d wear it.

Anonymous

Totally agree with you Sarah it’s how you wear it and style around it that counts.

Amanda xx

Anonymous

Ok let’s face it, we all love to dress a little to young for our age. Speaking to the older crowd here folks. And why not, yes we have to be tasteful, or at least should be. Life’s too short I say, wear them and love them. I love that dresses in general are coming back in style.  Let’s hope it sticks around. I also love the fall fashions, a nice upscale look with tall boots. Hugs everyone, Katie

My GG friends are always telling me my short skirts aren’t age appropriate. My counter argument is “I’m NOT that old!”

I have one pencil mini that has a waist band that allows it to be shortened to mini-mini. I’ve worn it on my four mile walks. Invigorating! I also have a lovely skaters dress I wear when walking, care must be taken if breezy or I will be naughty, hehe. Several other skirts and dresses can be adjusted to be short. This allows me to show my GG’S a conservative look and then make the adjustment when they aren’t around. My favorite is a below the knee sweater dress with a deep V neck. Using a belt I can make it as short as I like and the V shows off my coordinated or contrasting bra. The V goes almost to my belly button, ooo how I wish the boobs were real so I could go without the bra and flash serious skin.

I do have dresses that are longer “age appropriate” styles and I am fine with that. I also believe short skirts and dresses are not restricted to age if worn with the appropriate attitude. I like to be modest with a hint of naughty.

👗

Beth

Anonymous

I think I enjoy more than a hint of naughty at times😉

Haley😘

Haley when you’re my age I feel you’ve to clothes that your grandmother would wear, not the 1920’s or 30’s type though I’d be tempted but how a middle age woman would dress

Ooo, I wish I had my mother’s sparkly red flapper dress. She and her sister had a running argument about who’s dress it was, lol. They were “flappers” back in the day. For years my aunt kept the dress until giving it and a mink coat to mom. Oh that dress was pretty and that mink coat was so nice to nap in when I was young. She kept them stored carefully for years but when she passed they went back to my aunt. Don’t know what happened to the dress after that. A family treasure I wish I had, and I would wear it, carefully, if I could. After all, I started with mom’s clothes.

👗

Beth

Anonymous

Mini skirts are sexy. I like feeling sexy. Don’t we all?! I’m wearing one:)

Anonymous

Just ordered yesterday a nice corset with mini skirt planning on wearing in public for the new year. Since that time will be a woman.

Donna

Anonymous

I’m sure you will look fabulous, hun:)

Anonymous

Thank you Samara  😉

Anonymous

You’re very welcome, Donna!!

Hi Donna

That will be such an exciting way to start your  new “very special” year and I know you’ll ace it 😊

Love Stephanie ❤️

Anonymous

Thank you Stephanie since going to be a new  woman for the first time tech. Might well have some new clothes for the new me.

Donna

Anonymous

Hi Donna,

Check out this site,

https://www.thelingerieaddict.com

Amanda xx

Anonymous

Thanks Amanda looks like a great site to do some shopping.

Donna 💖

Anonymous

Hi Samara,

I think we all need to feel sex and needed at some point don’t you agree sweetie xx

Anonymous

Hi Amanda,

Absolutely, hun! To me feeling sexy is the best part of dressing:)

Leslie
      Lady

I am torn about mini skirts/dresses. I mean I do love to wear really short shirts, but I feel uncomfortable with short skirts and dresses. I have a rather long upper body and long legs, so it is rather like my daughter says when I beg on her “short” skirts, it isn’t that the skirts are short just that her legs are so long (she gets them from me). The minis barely cover my bum when I stand up much less sit down or god forbid bend over. Believe me if I didn’t feel so nervous about them covering everything I would wear them in a flash.

Denise Little
      Duchess - Annual

Age is no issue, my SO says different, but she does not own skirts and only a few dresses. While having gone out in public nay a few times with a mini, it must be appropriate for the occasion. I like wearing them when I drive since I feel it is semi-private and it is for my comfort. Great with black tights and shows well my best attributes being my legs which according to my SO are good looking.

Anonymous

Well so long as you have mastered the art of exiting a car with dignity Marti, then going for a drive is a great way for those who are not confident or comfortable out walking yet in a mini.

Lol Amanda xx

With the right crowd and the right place a mini mini is a must have. Always makes a sexy fun and interesting night out.

Anonymous

that true but don’t dance on tables or bar with a mini on unless wanting to. giggles

Anonymous

Agree Debra.

Anonymous

Hi Amanda,

I have a few skorts that I wear often. They are quite short in length and show a fair amount of leg. My legs don’t look as good as they used to but they are still my best feature.

Jillian

I own several mini skirts in varying lengths and styles. I have to be in the right mood to wear the shortest ones and usually reserve them for date nights. My go to is a mid thigh denim one I will often wear in lieu of daisy dukes. When my legs no longer look good enough to wear one, then maybe I won’t.

Anonymous

Hi Danielle,

As I have just replied to DeDee, I think your have be honest with yourself that you can carry off wearing one, and be honest when you know you can’t, but otherwise why the hell not.

Amanda xx

If you look good in a mini or mini mini I say Hey, why not, at any age. Its the ultimate girl outfit, wear it in private or public it you dare and enjoy the super feminine feeling.

Anonymous

Hi DeDee,

I agree,  if your honest with yourself and know to can carry it off, why not enjoy them I say.

Amanda xx

Anonymous

I know they don’t bother me to wear one or the other public or privite.  This girl living the dream of being a fully trans female after next month.  Oh love when my friends dare me to wear something more revealing. Take their money lol.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I agree that, if you look good, and look well put together in whatever you wear, go for it.

I don’t think that age should dictate what you wear.

Just be HONEST with yourself about how it looks on you and where you intend to wear a certain outfit.

I love skater mini skirts and I think I still look good in them at 49… so… I wear them.

I don’t wear them to the grocer mind you(that’s what yoga pants are for).

Have some fun out there,

XOXO

Rayna

Up until Autumn 2020 the shortest skirt I had was a pencil cut mini with a 20″ hemline. Since then I’ve found 5 minis with a 17″ hem length. I was surprised all 6 actually look really good on me.

I gave this reply in another post similar to this. I think the shortest mini I’d be willing to wear would be a 15″ hem. Any shorter I think would expose the cheeks. I’d have to measure the back of the skirt from top of the waist to the bottom of the hem to know the length and try it on to see how it fits.

I’m 54 years old, and in no way feminine.
      As I type this, I’m wearing a very short, red patent miniskirt.
      Would I go shopping wearing it? No. Do I need to go shopping? No.
      I’m wearing it because I love the way it looks. I love the way it feels. I love the way it sounds when I walk.
      Wear what the hell you want. You know what you can wear in public and what you can’t.
      Just enjoy yourself! https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/photo/i-seem-to-have-a-thing-for-fishnets/

Cerys

Anonymous

Hi Cerys,

Absolutely agree we all know what we can wear and it we carry it off, but at home wear what pleases you I say.

Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Cerys…

Good for you girl….what’s your personal preferences got to do with anyone???…you are doing it for you…

When I die aged 109….I will probably be found wearing a mini skirt…..and a bloody great smile!!

Grace xx

Anonymous

Not if you have forgotten to put your false teeth in Grace, there is nothing holding the face muscles up, and your end up with a sloppy dog expression. 😂😂😂.

Opps there I go again I must offer support. Botox and pull back any loose skin at the back of your  neck and clamp it tight, perfect permanent celebrity grin.

I hope this helps you,

Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Careful honey….you are bordering on ..humour…

DAHDAH….. nobody escapes the Spanish inquisition!!

Anonymous

Well I was surprised you included your first baby words  “DahDAh” but I do understand sweetie xx

Anonymous

Mid-thigh metallic skater skirt? I’d wear it like a shot, though it would look better on a dress.

Connie

xxx

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Well, if Minis are age appropriate, at 61 I probably shouldn’t wear them.
      Too bad! Because most all of my skirts, and dresses are minis.
      I love the way I feel in them! Sorry GG’s…

Anonymous

Age is just a number. Its what and how you feel inside. Me living my pubity over again but this time as a woman. Believe in the mid 20’s age bracket now.

Donna

All my skirts are minis or micros(as seen in my pics). Yes, I wrote that correctly – all of them! It is enticing for me to wear skirts as short as one would consider “appropriate”. I wear them in public and as of yet, had no problems. Not certain if anyone else has noticed but, the most looks I get when wearing 3″ heels and a mini skirt is from teenage and even younger girls. Suspect there is some fascination with that combo and also can not help thinking they do not see “mom” wearing skirts of this nature.
      I’m thin and in heels I stand about 6 feet. Women scan me down with their eyes as I walk by. I never turn around to observe their actions. Are they upset? One can never tell.

First, I find mini/micros much easier to walk in. Second, even if minis were not coming back in style I would find them online and wear them anyway. My toughest challenge continues to be ensuring I sit down and stand up as to not show any portion of me that is not appropriate.

Anonymous

LOL been there few times.

Donna

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?