- April 4, 2021 at 8:13 pm #473810Mika MaloneParticipantRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 668Has thanked: 1837 timesBeen thanked: 2545 times
I am going to be 49 years old in June. I probably should dress more my age but ohhhh how I love mini skirts. Perhaps, this has something to do with my decision to fully crossdress so recently and not having explored this earlier in life . Nevertheless, as I have been expanding my female wardrobe, I have enough mini skirts to wear one every day for a month without wearing one twice.
I have been pushing my modesty limits and I have a few that I absolutely must wear shorts underneath them. I do so love an incredibly short skirt. But wearing shorts underneath just seems to take all the fun out of wearing them. I guess I could just be daring and not give a rat’s a**. It’s very situational. As Summer approaches, I have much to consider as I feel the love of the mini and get out more often.
Total of 28 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.Amy Myers, Michelle Trott, Julie Carson, Ashley Konners, Robyn Drake, Kathleen 60454, Brittney Andrews, Laura Lovett, Paula Here, Shannon Marx, Kelli Marlowe, Stephanie Green, Rachel Williams, Bridgette VonSmirff, Lily-Rose Nielsen, Katie Time, Rayna (was Dala) Carlian, Alexis Tresse, Tara Jeane, June Holl
- April 10, 2021 at 8:00 pm #476163Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1285Has thanked: 3690 timesBeen thanked: 3545 times
I really don’t believe in “age appropiate” clothes. At 67, most GG’s wouldn’t consider wearing a mini skirt, but I love them, and own something like 15-20 different ones, and my legs still look good, and I get many compliments about them.
Naturally I dress in a manner suitable for the occasion and don’t wear short skirts in all situations. I have ones which could be called micro mini, to ones cut just above my knee which barely qualify as minis.
- April 11, 2021 at 5:56 am #476282
- April 10, 2021 at 5:07 pm #476125Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 81Has thanked: 172 timesBeen thanked: 287 times
I love reading your comments. Makes me smile to myself. I’m 64. Have and wear minis. My wife says my butt is my best feature. I wonder if that’s a complement? Anyway I show a little of it once in a while. Not on purpose but I love them.
- April 8, 2021 at 10:48 am #475239Jennifer LynnLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 234Has thanked: 101 timesBeen thanked: 1242 times
I realize mini skirts may not be age appropriate but think my legs are not half bad so I still wear them occasionally. I still get compliments from men.
- April 7, 2021 at 5:34 pm #474994Ashley KonnersLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 205Has thanked: 826 timesBeen thanked: 763 times
Hello Mika, I understand the age appropriate thing but I as well love wearing mini skirts also. I’m just cautious to what I wear depending on where I’m going. What’s the sense of having smooth shaven legs and some nice pantyhose on and then covering 3/4 of them up right!!!!’ Lol. Wear what you feel comfortable in hun and enjoy ever minute of it!
- April 7, 2021 at 5:07 pm #474986Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 78Replies: 791Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 2615 times
I’m the wrong side of 70 and dont have the legs, (thick thighs and calves, to much bike riding as a kid), for mini skirts.
So I’ll settle for the “age appropriate, mature woman at the mall” look below the knee skirts.Prettied up witha nice patterned blouse and cardigan. There’s lots of these types of shots in my CDH public profile.
- April 7, 2021 at 9:43 am #474882Kathleen 60454LadyRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 44Replies: 415Has thanked: 2056 timesBeen thanked: 1501 times
Mini skirts and dresses are the most attractive piece of clothing ever invented by mankind. I simply love seeing someone wearing one, as long as they have the legs to go with it. I wear them all the time and my ex’s and other women tell me that my legs are my best asset.
Kathleen xxxxx 💋♥
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Kathleen 60454.
- April 7, 2021 at 8:54 pm #475049Mika MaloneDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 668Has thanked: 1837 timesBeen thanked: 2545 times
- April 8, 2021 at 5:29 am #475143
- April 7, 2021 at 9:13 pm #475057Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 878Has thanked: 1233 timesBeen thanked: 2926 times
Ohh, Mika… you are being a little disingenuous! Shortcomings? You?
Politely, Polly 💋💋💋
- April 6, 2021 at 1:05 pm #474458Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 683Has thanked: 43135 timesBeen thanked: 1369 times
Hi Mika, we’re both realizing we can “pull-off” the mini skirt look at the same time and age. I got my first two late last autumn, same style just different colors. I felt confident that they looked good on me, so I decided I wouldn’t pass over minis as I had done in the beginning years of building my wardrobe. I’ve added 3 more minis in the past 2 months. I’m a little more conscience of the skirt length of minis than I am on other skirts. The 5 that I have are 17 inches from the top of the waistband to the bottom of the hem, I actually measure them.
I posted a comment in another forum about minis, that I might consider going 1 or 2 inches shorter; I don’t think I’d feel comfortable wearing any shorter. Of course, I’d need to try on any new mini to be sure.
- April 7, 2021 at 9:20 am #474874Mika MaloneDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 668Has thanked: 1837 timesBeen thanked: 2545 times
Yep, we definitely have similar timing. I wish I had dialed in my preferred length of skirt a bit sooner. I got a few 18” at first before I started going shorter. I think I found my limit in the 15” range.
To really feel like I am pushing a length limit, I like to wear really short skorts.
- April 8, 2021 at 10:32 am #475238Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 683Has thanked: 43135 timesBeen thanked: 1369 times
When it comes to skirts; there’s nothing wrong with starting with a longer length you feel comfortable with and once you gain confidence then you can go shorter. It’s just another part of the CDer learning curve. My first skirts were a 25.5 inch long pencil style and a 26 inch long wrap style, then I found a 23 inch long pencil skirt. I then went shorter with a 20.75 inch denim skirt and a 20 inch mini pencil. I’ve also gone in the opposite direction with longer hem lines. Since my 26 inch wrap style, I bought a 26.5 inch pleated style and a 32 inch silky skirt. In the last few months I found a high-low hem line skirt; I’m not sure how long it is in the back, but I think it might be more than 32 inches.
Skorts are a safer option for dealing with the modesty issue of shorter skirts. Personally, skorts are not my preference; but I won’t condemn anyone from wearing them.
- April 5, 2021 at 10:02 pm #474225Stephanie GreenLadyRegistered On: March 31, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 19Has thanked: 33 timesBeen thanked: 101 times
- April 7, 2021 at 9:10 am #474869
- April 5, 2021 at 9:16 am #473978Rayna (was Dala) CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 182Has thanked: 335 timesBeen thanked: 563 times
Get yourself a good gaff or tuck kit and feel the breeze girl! I just turned 49 myself.
I have at least one skater mini skirt that I plan to wear clubbing at the end of this month at Desert Cross Roads in Palm Springs…
Have fun and enjoy sweetie!!
- April 5, 2021 at 9:31 pm #474211Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 668Has thanked: 1837 timesBeen thanked: 2545 times
I have some really good tucking gaffs. I just have some REALLY short minis that will show my black gaffs through some lace at the bottom. It’s not necessarily the bulge that I am concerned about showing but rather the panties or gaffs.
- April 5, 2021 at 8:21 am #473969Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 584Has thanked: 2518 timesBeen thanked: 2313 times
I say wear what makes you feel good. I adore mini skirts and skater skirts to show off legs in heels. At my age I still love them but wear them in special private events like visiting friends or going to a drag event but back off if just running around performing errands during the day
- April 5, 2021 at 9:32 pm #474212
- April 5, 2021 at 7:09 am #473939Cindi CallowayLadyRegistered On: April 4, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 19Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 32 times
In the winter you can pair a mini with tights and riding boots. That definitely tones down the risque look and reduces the am I too old for this skirt feeling.
- April 5, 2021 at 9:34 pm #474214Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 668Has thanked: 1837 timesBeen thanked: 2545 times
I have done that. But that has the same feeling as wearing shorts under the skirt in the summer. It kinda takes the fun out of it.
- April 5, 2021 at 4:35 am #473897LadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 878Has thanked: 1233 timesBeen thanked: 2926 times
The mini! Wow, Mary Quant is lovin’ this! Even the 2013 revival has made everyone aware of how very important the mini skirt is! The liberation of legs…
Everyone, of all ages can wear one with one strict criteria… an exquisite set of legs and a bum that can ring bells!
I have a couple of genuine sixties mini dresses that are at least, risqué! Thankfully, I have the bum to go with them… something my wife harps on about!!!
I have other dresses and skirts that can qualify but with a little wrestling with my conscience I keep near my knees <sigh> Ohh, how I envy those stick figures who can wear anything at all!
Polly Quant sends her regards xxx
- April 5, 2021 at 4:13 am #473892Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 143Has thanked: 84 timesBeen thanked: 670 times
My favorite’s are denim mini-skirts. I think they match any age your are and I see women of all ages wearing them while I’m out and about. Plus tops match so easily.
- April 5, 2021 at 9:40 pm #474216Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 668Has thanked: 1837 timesBeen thanked: 2545 times
I have a couple denim skirts. They are definitely above the knee but I am not sure that I’d call them minis compared to my other skirts. I have been seriously considering cutting one of the really short and leaving a raw hem which is actually in style again.
- April 5, 2021 at 3:37 am #473886Diane RakersLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 646Has thanked: 1121 timesBeen thanked: 2106 times
49 and a mini skirt? Mika, you’re fine.
I would add that if you have the legs for it, do it. I have seen 25 year old’s wearing a mini and it does NOT flatter them.
Go for it Mika!
- April 5, 2021 at 9:44 pm #474217Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 668Has thanked: 1837 timesBeen thanked: 2545 times
Thanks, Diane. Actually, after my eyes, my butt has always gotten the most compliments. Since I started posting public photos of my outfits here, my legs have gotten quite a few. Wearing a mini in public does garner some attention but that’s kinda one reason I like them so much.
- April 5, 2021 at 2:41 am #473874stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 146Replies: 1963Has thanked: 3128 timesBeen thanked: 9026 times
Simples! Mini skirts rock!
I love looking at my legs! They ‘aint half bad so I don’t mind showing them off. And there’s Graces airflow effect – which doesn’t work with tights, must be bare legs( soon as I can weather dependent), or hold-ups. 18″ skirts are a good compromise, still a mini but not too short (and can be shortened by folding down the waistband.)
As for age? Poppycock. You are as old as you decide to be! I am 20 years younger than my last birthday card. So, dress appropriately for the situation, but not your age! You can knock years off your apparent age with dressing younger, and more importantly, believing you are younger!
Join the “growing older slowly and disgracefully 1661 CDH club.”
- April 5, 2021 at 9:48 pm #474219Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 668Has thanked: 1837 timesBeen thanked: 2545 times
I love it Stephanie!!! Yeah, at six feet even, I suppose an 18 inch skirt is a mini. I have been pushing my limits with 15 and 16 inches. I love to wear a thong with a mini for the ultimate feeling of freedom.
- April 5, 2021 at 6:30 am #473925Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 54Replies: 1112Has thanked: 3870 timesBeen thanked: 5778 times
- April 5, 2021 at 2:27 am #473871Val’sheril StarsongLadyRegistered On: March 3, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 319Has thanked: 189 timesBeen thanked: 615 times
Honestly, it may be insensitive of me but I can’t help but giggle a little when talk comes up of a CD “dressing appropriately”. I realize things are a bit different for full-time CDs trying to pass but for part-timers like myself, and let’s be honest, we’re playing dress-up. Does that 10-year-old kid really care that his mom’s high heels he’s stomping around in are 3 times his size? Likewise, I think we need to differentiate between what is “age appropriate” for a woman and what is appropriate for a crossdresser, most of whom tend to embrace the more feminine end of women’s fashion. And yes, for a great many this includes miniskirts, be they 16 or 61. So if it empowers you, if it makes you feel pretty, just go for it! We’re a society that’s all about breaking societal norms anyway.
- April 5, 2021 at 9:54 pm #474223Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 668Has thanked: 1837 timesBeen thanked: 2545 times
- April 5, 2021 at 6:40 am #473929Katie TimeDuchessRegistered On: April 3, 2021Topics: 11Replies: 54Has thanked: 328 timesBeen thanked: 320 times
- April 5, 2021 at 2:18 am #473868Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 28Replies: 789Has thanked: 7806 timesBeen thanked: 3473 times
I love my skater skirts, are they considered mini’s?I have 8 of them, and everyone tells me shaving took 20 years off me, so,,, kinda my age? lol If you got it, flaunt it,
- April 5, 2021 at 12:00 am #473838Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 54Replies: 1112Has thanked: 3870 timesBeen thanked: 5778 times
I love mini’s… especially in warmer weather….I have four, all different colours, to go with just about anything….
You get ” real” air flow with a mini / short skirt….and if your legs are half decent, then strut your stuff. Mini skirts can be “smart not tart” if you put them with a nice top and shoes….
Bringing up that ” age ” thing again…rot!!! age is good for wine and brandy…. you’re as young as you feel!!
- April 5, 2021 at 10:02 pm #474226Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 668Has thanked: 1837 timesBeen thanked: 2545 times
I couldn’t have said it better myself, Grace. There’s just something about a thong with a mini that I simply adore at any temperature above 20 F.
i currently have over 30 minis, lol. I am expecting 3 more to arrive soon. All different. A girl has to have choices!
- April 5, 2021 at 7:01 pm #474191Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 790Has thanked: 11452 timesBeen thanked: 2951 times
Dint forget whiskey and cheese, age improves those also. As far as she appropriate wear, seriously? Most of society would tell me that the panties, bras, and hosiery i wear under, and the ladies jeans, leggings, or skirts and dresses i wear over are “inappropriate” for me. So what hang do i give about “age appropriate”? None, I say. I’ll keep wearing my micro mini skirt when I wish… I’ll just have the decency not to post pics of it here.
Bridgette did it, and she didn’t care…
- April 5, 2021 at 10:05 pm #474227Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 668Has thanked: 1837 timesBeen thanked: 2545 times
LOL, so true Bridgette. Although, I do post quite a lot of them here. I don’t think I have posted anything too over the top. It has all been with style.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 15, 2021 at 9:32 am #478006
- April 5, 2021 at 10:07 pm #474228Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 668Has thanked: 1837 timesBeen thanked: 2545 times
LOL. Laura, you think like me. I have really been pushing my cheek limit with the minis as well as shorts. It can be a fine line and I love experimenting with that line!
- April 5, 2021 at 9:28 pm #474210
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.