Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I am going to be 49 years old in June. I probably should dress more my age but ohhhh how I love mini skirts. Perhaps, this has something to do with my decision to fully crossdress so recently and not having explored this earlier in life . Nevertheless, as I have been expanding my female wardrobe, I have enough mini skirts to wear one every day for a month without wearing one twice.

I have been pushing my modesty limits and I have a few that I absolutely must wear shorts underneath them. I do so love an incredibly short skirt. But wearing shorts underneath just seems to take all the fun out of wearing them. I guess I could just be daring and not give a rat’s a**. It’s very situational. As  Summer approaches, I have much to consider as I feel the love of the mini and get out more often.

Anonymous

Mika…

I love mini’s… especially in warmer weather….I have four, all different colours, to go with just about anything….

You get ” real” air flow with a mini / short skirt….and if your legs are half decent, then strut your stuff. Mini skirts can be “smart not tart” if you put them with a nice top and shoes….

Bringing up that ” age ” thing again…rot!!!   age is good for wine and brandy…. you’re as young as you feel!!

Grace xx

Dint forget whiskey and cheese, age improves those also. As far as she appropriate wear, seriously? Most of society would tell me that the panties, bras, and hosiery i wear under, and the ladies jeans, leggings, or skirts and dresses i wear over are “inappropriate” for me. So what hang do i give about “age appropriate”? None, I say. I’ll keep wearing my micro mini skirt when I wish… I’ll just have the decency not to post pics of it here.

Bridgette did it, and she didn’t care…

LOL, so true Bridgette. Although, I do post quite a lot of them here. I don’t think I have posted anything too over the top. It has all been with style.

I couldn’t have said it better myself, Grace. There’s just something about a thong with a mini that I simply adore at any temperature above 20 F.

i currently have over 30 minis, lol. I am expecting 3 more to arrive soon. All different. A girl has to have choices!

I love my skater skirts, are they considered mini’s?I have 8 of them, and everyone tells me shaving took 20 years off me, so,,, kinda my age? lol If you got it, flaunt it,
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

I couldn’t agree more, Regine. I don’t know what official above the knee length constitutes a mini. But I kinda feel like if one’s fingertips are below the hem line then it qualifies as a mini.

Honestly, it may be insensitive of me but I can’t help but giggle a little when talk comes up of a CD “dressing appropriately”. I realize things are a bit different for full-time CDs trying to pass but for part-timers like myself, and let’s be honest, we’re playing dress-up. Does that 10-year-old kid really care that his mom’s high heels he’s stomping around in are 3 times his size? Likewise, I think we need to differentiate between what is “age appropriate” for a woman and what is appropriate for a crossdresser, most of whom tend to embrace the more feminine end of women’s fashion. And yes, for a great many this includes miniskirts, be they 16 or 61. So if it empowers you, if it makes you feel pretty, just go for it! We’re a society that’s all about breaking societal norms anyway.

Anonymous

I’m 62 and my legs though short are my best feature, I love love love a good short skirt or dress. Throw in a pair of ( i can hardly walk heels) and I’m in heaven!

Exactly! My legs are better than rest of me so why not show them off and take attention away from my shoulders and waist.

I almost completely agree. I never “play” dress up. Dressing is an extension of who I am and how I express the woman inside me. I don’t go out as much as I want. But (so far) 50% of my public outfits have been minis.

49 and a mini skirt? Mika, you’re fine.

I would add that if you have the legs for it, do it. I have seen 25 year old’s wearing a mini and it does NOT flatter them.

Go for it Mika!

Diane

Thanks, Diane. Actually, after my eyes, my butt has always gotten the most compliments. Since I started posting public photos of my outfits here, my legs have gotten quite a few. Wearing a mini in public does garner some attention but that’s kinda one reason I like them so much.

Anonymous
      Lady

My favorite’s are denim mini-skirts. I think they match any age your are and I see women of all ages wearing them while I’m out and about. Plus tops match so easily.

Sandy

I have a couple denim skirts. They are definitely above the knee but I am not sure that I’d call them minis compared to my other skirts. I have been seriously considering cutting one of the really short and leaving a raw hem which is actually in style again.

Marvellous Mika…

The mini! Wow, Mary Quant is lovin’ this! Even the 2013 revival has made everyone aware of how very important the mini skirt is! The liberation of legs…
      Everyone, of all ages can wear one with one strict criteria… an exquisite set of legs and a bum that can ring bells!

I have a couple of genuine sixties mini dresses that are at least, risqué! Thankfully, I have the bum to go with them… something my wife harps on about!!!

I have other dresses and skirts that can qualify but with a little wrestling with my conscience I keep near my knees <sigh> Ohh, how I envy those stick figures who can wear anything at all!

Polly Quant sends her regards xxx

Oh, Polly, that is so wonderful. It’s funny that I do have knee length and longer skirts but I just haven’t worn them yet.

In the winter you can pair a mini with tights and riding boots.  That definitely tones down the risque look and reduces the am I too old for this skirt feeling.

I have done that. But that has the same feeling as wearing shorts under the skirt in the summer. It kinda takes the fun out of it.

I say wear what makes you feel good. I adore mini skirts and skater skirts to show off legs in heels. At my age I still love them but wear them in special private events like visiting friends or going to a drag event but back off if just running around performing errands during the day

I totally agree with that. I have a hard time backing off, lol.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Get yourself a good gaff or tuck kit and feel the breeze girl! I just turned 49 myself.

I have at least one skater mini skirt that I plan to wear clubbing at the end of this month at Desert Cross Roads in Palm Springs…

Have fun and enjoy sweetie!!

XOXO

Rayna

I have some really good tucking gaffs. I just have some REALLY short minis that will show my black gaffs through some lace at the bottom. It’s not necessarily the bulge that I am concerned about showing but rather the panties or gaffs.

Anonymous

If you have the confidence to wear mini-skirts, do it.  Don’t worry about your age.  Enjoy, Mika.

Thanks, Stephanie. Of all things femme, I enjoy minis the most.

Hi Mika, we’re both realizing we can “pull-off” the mini skirt look at the same time and age. I got my first two late last autumn, same style just different colors. I felt confident that they looked good on me, so I decided I wouldn’t pass over minis as I had done in the beginning years of building my wardrobe. I’ve added 3 more minis in the past 2 months. I’m a little more conscience of the skirt length of minis than I am on other skirts. The 5 that I have are 17 inches from the top of the waistband to the bottom of the hem, I actually measure them.

I posted a comment in another forum about minis, that I might consider going 1 or 2 inches shorter; I don’t think I’d feel comfortable wearing any shorter. Of course, I’d need to try on any new mini to be sure.

Yep, we definitely have similar timing. I wish I had dialed in my preferred length of skirt a bit sooner. I got a few 18” at first before I started going shorter. I think I found my limit in the 15” range.

To really feel like I am pushing a length limit, I like to wear really short skorts.

When it comes to skirts; there’s nothing wrong with starting with a longer length you feel comfortable with and once you gain confidence then you can go shorter. It’s just another part of the CDer learning curve. My first skirts were a 25.5 inch long pencil style and a 26 inch long wrap style, then I found a 23 inch long pencil skirt. I then went shorter with a 20.75 inch denim skirt and a 20 inch mini pencil. I’ve also gone in the opposite direction with longer hem lines. Since my 26 inch wrap style, I bought a 26.5 inch pleated style and a 32 inch silky skirt. In the last few months I found a high-low hem line skirt; I’m not sure how long it is in the back, but I think it might be more than 32 inches.

Skorts are a safer option for dealing with the modesty issue of shorter skirts. Personally, skorts are not my preference; but I won’t condemn anyone from wearing them.

Anonymous

Mini skirts and dresses are the most attractive piece of clothing ever invented by mankind. I simply love seeing someone wearing one, as long as they have the legs to go with it. I wear them all the time and my ex’s and other women tell me that my legs are my best asset.

Kathleen xxxxx 💋♥

Yeah, flaunt it if you got it. I figure if folks are looking at my legs and the length of my skirt, they may not pay too much attention to my shortcomings.

Ohh, Mika… you are being a little disingenuous! Shortcomings? You?

Politely, Polly 💋💋💋

Anonymous

That’s for sure Mika and I show my. Legs every time  I can.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I’m the wrong side of 70 and dont have the legs, (thick thighs and calves, to much bike riding as a kid), for mini skirts.

So I’ll settle for the “age appropriate, mature woman at the mall” look below the knee skirts.Prettied up witha nice patterned blouse and cardigan. There’s lots of these types of shots in my CDH public profile.

Caty

Thanks, Caty. I often think about what I will be wearing in twenty years. I’m sure I will have to tone it down a bit in public. But I think I’ll still be wearing minis around the house.

Hello Mika, I understand the age appropriate thing but I as well love wearing mini skirts also.  I’m just cautious to what I wear depending on where I’m going.  What’s the sense of having smooth shaven legs and some nice pantyhose on and then covering 3/4 of them up right!!!!’  Lol. Wear what you feel comfortable in hun and enjoy ever minute of it!
      Hugs

Ashley❤️

OMG! Smooth shaved legs are one of the best reasons to wear a mini. Also, thigh highs!

I realize mini skirts may not be age appropriate but think my legs are not half bad so I still wear them occasionally. I still get compliments from men.

e

I love reading your comments. Makes me smile to myself. I’m 64. Have and wear minis. My wife says my butt is my best feature. I wonder if that’s a complement? Anyway I show a little of it once in a while. Not on purpose but I love them.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I really don’t believe in “age appropiate” clothes. At 67, most GG’s wouldn’t consider wearing a mini skirt, but I love them, and own something like 15-20 different ones, and my legs still look good, and I get many compliments about them.

Naturally I dress in a manner suitable for the occasion and don’t wear short skirts in all situations. I have ones which could be called micro mini, to ones cut just above my knee which barely qualify as minis.

Amy

That’s awesome, Amy. I can see myself wearing minis for a long time myself.

Anonymous

CORRECTION….

the ” Airflow” effect was a phrase I borrowed from a post by…..

Stephanie Plumb!!!

I love it Stephanie!!! Yeah, at six feet even, I suppose an 18 inch skirt is a mini. I have been pushing my limits with 15 and 16 inches. I love to wear a thong with a mini for the ultimate feeling of freedom.

LOL. Yes, getting in and out of a vehicle is a major femme maneuver.

That “airflow effect “ is one of the most important things about a mini. If not for that, I almost feel like something’s missing.

LOL. Laura, you think like me. I have really been pushing my cheek limit with the minis as well as shorts. It can be a fine line and I love experimenting with that line!

Thank you so much Laura, you are so sweet💋💋

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?