• This topic has 22 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Just curious if disagree or agree with all these tips and mistakes for crossdressing

Mistakes that Make You Less Ladylike MTF Transgender Crossdressing Tips – YouTube

Anonymous
      Lady

Donna I do have to agree with what they had to say. No woman wants to be a drunken slut (sorry best term I can think of). Presentation and lady like manners go a long way. My biggest “tell” is getting too comfortable and moving to quick or taking steps to large and manly. I have worked so hard to overcome this my beloved wifey has commented that I now move in a feminine fashion even when not trying.
      🍷C

Anonymous

Oh agree too been few times kinda cheated and showed more skin but feel too if can pull it off say go for it.  You right sure don’t want to look some drunken slut looking for whatever.

Donna

Paula
      Lady

Good video. I agree in not showing too much skin but that also depends on your setting that you’ll be in (school or midnight party). I’m a bit conservative when it comes to showing skin while dressed but I’m in public settings. If you want to flaunt whatcha got while at a night club or some midnight party then do it! Even though I am a nudist, dressing as a woman doesn’t warrant me wearing little to nothing. I want to be modern and classy at times when wearing cute clothes and dresses. I have a dress that is a spaghetti strap type but the back is open with some sheer material but it’s long and tasteful. Anyone of us would wear it.

Minding my own manners and not losing control I agree with 100%. Always say please and thank you, leave an impression. In another posted thread by a CDH member asking a question about “has being a girl gotten a lot easier” I think it’s safe to say that our crossdressing community is trying hard to be accepted and one of those ways is how we act to others. We want others to say nice polite things about us and our community.

Grooming to me has to be tasteful. I dont want to look like a prostitute in public. Gong out I wanna look descent to others. I wanna look like a lady. If you have another lifestyle that you are into that promotes slutty grooming lol then that’s different. No matter what your grooming standards are, be mindful of what setting you’ll be in.

Ive said this a lot but I’m a no eye contact person when I’m dresses. Is that bad?…yes and no. 1-I don’t see people’s reactions which gets me into an insecure mode. 2- when I am addressed or engaged in to talking with someone I do make eye contact. Walking tall and proud should be any crossdressers attitude, I know it is for me. I have a disability that affects my balance and coordination, it also affects my posture. But I do my best to walk proud and secure with my decision of being a crossdresser.

Hugs and kisses
      Paula

Anonymous

feel same way Paula know going out to clubs do wear some outfits that show little extra but with hard work and all have it and show off at times.

Donna

Paula
          Lady

And I’m good with that Donna. I’m sure you look amazingly hot 😍

Anonymous

Thanks Paula looking forward to being done with my transition

Now that I have matured, in most people’s opinion anyway, I completely agree with the points made in the video.

The difference between now and how I, and many of us, back when we started knocking doors open, the difference is night and day.  Many of us girls got, and maintained, some pretty colorful reputations.  There were no guidelines like this video, counseling was pretty much out if the question unless you might want to ‘vacation ‘ in some state facility for a few weeks.

The vast majority of girls like us kept it well hidden and stayed safe.  Not a bad decision, I might add.  But many of us wanted out in the world, and we pushed limits, and people, and opinions in our pursuit of freedom to be ourselves.

We definitely made some strange or bad decisions, skewed how some saw us, and saw little need to apologize for our behavior.  If the world in general was opposed to us and how we chose to be seen, we decided to give them something to see and gossip about when the kids were out of the room.

The change happened slowly, but change it did.  For the better for sure.  Most mainstream CD or TG friendly establishments no longer tolerated the kind of behavior that was prevalent in the 70’s or 80’s.  We actually saw the results with the diseases and violence that were going around, and finally grew our a***s up and paid attention.

Most of the most ‘colorful ‘ girls who still present and/or live femme have become, it seems, to be the voices of moderation and common sense for our slice of society, and work diligently to clean things up and educate those following behind us.

I was no angel back then and enjoyed a very ‘interesting ‘ life, but I hope to have at least cleaned most of the tarnish from my halo since then.

I do still manage to have my moments though.

PaulaF

I’m going to say depends on one’s definition of lady.

If we are merely referring to generally female, there are a whole range of behaviors that women  not only display but brag about. A woman like my grandmother (MY idea of a lady) would have been appalled.

IF we are referring to an ideal manner of behavior that even my grandmother would approve of, then 100% agree with each point.

Anonymous

We I see it is there 2 groups maybe more of CD trying to pass as ladies. Have the ones that wanting to blend in with the public then have others that society calls the others. As the ones that are looking for one thing while dressed is the behind close door kind.

Everyone right a real lady is lady and been born and raised like one from early upraising to young adult.

Best can do is look your best and do best.  Of course seen some woman and ladies not lady like either. Guess those are the lazy ones lol.

Anonymous

Morning Donna.

The list is pretty straightforward….

” to stay alert and  be aware of yourself and your  surroundings” to me is paramount.

What’s the point of perfect makeup, beautiful outfit, lovely hair, gorgeous heels with a lovely  practised walk????………..

…..if the back of your dress is tucked into your panties!!!!!

Smiles, grace xx

Only thing close to that embarrassing is having a foot or two of toilet paper stuck to your shoe.  I’ve had both happen more than once, and it is only embarrassing if YOU notice it.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Oh nooooo😭😭😭

Anonymous

Or some toilet paper hanging out your outfit kid not seen a woman walking around with piece hanging out from back of pants wearing.  Couldn’t let her have that hanging had to go up to her and mention it.

Anonymous

LOL what happens if not wearing panties go commando haha

Anonymous

Cheeky!!!!

Anonymous

lol rosy cheeks

Hi Donna I do find these video’s helpful reminders. No one is born a lady. You may be be born with the female genitalia but you were taught to be a lady. It is a lifetime of watching and learning and being told what is lady like and what is not. Most of the guidance came from our mothers, grandmothers, aunts, teachers nurses  .Every where you looked there was a lady teaching you and you did not realize it or may you did but rejected it. It came from woman you respected and those who you admired and most wanted to be like. We are like teenage girls trying to absorb as much information as we possible can before our final debut, The coming out party. We all want to present our selves in the best possible light so others can see we can be a lady too. I believe when most young boys were paying attention to what most other boys do, we were paying attention to how the girls were dressed and how they were directed to act. There was always apart of us that was paying attention to who we most identified with and still continued to do it to this day We were just not invited to the all girl party and and in so many ways we are not invited to day. So how can we learn to be a lady if we were not taught or trained when we were young. I am sure most of us have memories of the woman in our life and the woman in your lives today. You can see and hear teachings from years past that they may not remember but act and talk like they were just aside them reminding them how best to be a lady. Pay attention to the woman in your life they have been taught their whole lives.You may just have someone else you admired and wanted to be like but the lady in them has been ingrained in them. Some of them may of just forgot.

Luv Stephanie

Anonymous

I kind of found the video stereotypical of old ideas of what women should be. No outbursts says just stand there and look pretty honey, I prefer people with a backbone, piss me off you’ll here about it.

Posture counts for everyone, don’t slouch, stand up straight or you look like a slug male or female. Just me, I’m old fashioned and I cross my arms all the time especially if I’m being assertive.

Showing too much flesh, shall I bye one of those 1900’s bathing suits that go from my ankles to my shoulders, no. I want to strut my stuff I will but with taste and timing. Going to a wedding in miniskirt, no, now your trashy and sleazy.

Sorry Donna just my opinion but interesting thoughts.

Take care, CDH’s resident big mouth, Heather.

Anonymous

Oh agree Heather everyone has their own opinion and think this video was made for that year lol.

Woman today wanting to show more skin then ever.  Less is better for many.  Depending on many things if have the body to show skin do it. In a presentable way.  Know can look little trashy at times on some of clothes wear but also same time be presentable and tasteful for the place at. Not killing myself to be bundled in some turtle neck sweater well only in winter time might do that but no offense Heather agree with you. lol  Video think was made for another type. But do act lady like or to what learned and taught. proper sitting not like ladyspan legs like men do. lol.

Oh the wedding example depending on wedding maybe they want you too. hehe

Hugs

Donna

Anonymous

I didn’t notice the date on the video but obviously a little outdated, kind of made me laugh watching it. I have two daughters and I could imagine trying to sell them this when they were younger. The words yeah right Dad come to mind. lol

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Pretty much agree with that though it seems a bit old fashioned ( that’s ok, so am I, lol ).   But proper manners and politeness should be a universal thing and not gender specific.  Same with grooming, to an extent.  And showing too much skin?  Well, “too much” is subjective, but one can show skin and be decent at the same time.  And…. dont string me up girls, but the older you get, the less skin you should show.  Not no skin, just maybe less.  “Skimpy” looks better on a 25 year old than a 60 year old in my opinion.  Yes, I will admit to being a bit hypocritical, having some very …. very, short dresses.😁

Stevie ( trying to act my age 😅 )

Anonymous

Of course Stevie wouldn’t When I reach my 70’s promise to be more consverative in dressing until them

guess can say reliving my youth as a woman. And if can wear the skimpy clothing in good taste then will do it.  Bought some that little to skimpy gave them to my sister in law she younger then me. lol.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?