Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

New Year’s Eve.

It had been 15 years. It was time.

Even though it was going to be down and dirty work, I picked out a short, floral, flouncy skirt that I had just bought the day before at Dillards Outlet.

Yes, I know: age inappropriate and out of season. But that’s not the point. Lorie has been held back for 50 years, and it’s time to spoil her whenever she wants.

While searching through the racks and racks of clothes in the women’s section at Dillards, I thought back to my first foray into the women’s section at a thrift store. The heart beating faster, the fluorescent lights seeming brighter, the metallic taste of fear as I frantically looked for the right size and something I “liked” before somebody… what? Threw me out?

Not any more. This is MY department, too. And I’ll use the fitting room to try them on, too, thankyouverymuch.

As I stood there looking at comical Lorie, I knew “Today I’m going to clean the closet.”

No, not a purge. This “closet” is my gurl closet that was actually a second bathroom, not much bigger than a closet. When I had been married, we converted it by installing shiny steel closet rods in the bath/shower for my wife’s excess clothes. In addition, she had the bedroom closet, which is kinda small. Even my guy clothes fill that one to overflowing, now. When I was married, my clothes were relegated to the hall closet. (Did I mention that I still have some forgiveness work to do?)

On that day at the thrift store, the day I let Lorie own her dysphoria,  I frantically gathered a few skirts and sweated my way through the cashier line. Arriving home (I live alone), I started using the bathroom closet that day, hanging a few items with disregard for wrinkles, on rusty wire hangers, 2, 3, even 4 skirts per hanger as the months accumulated in my new indulgance.

It didn’t take long for this “closet” to be filled. I started with the top clothes rod, and over the months eventually started filling the second one halfway down.

But since my divorce, I had never cleaned the room.

In fifteen years.

Imagine.

That’s how long I’ve been single.

I started with the cobwebs. Reaching with my 6′ 1″ wingspan, I rolled the duster to collect the wisps and drips from the ceiling and walls. Then I started cleaning the bathtub, which had a golden brown patina on the porcelain, and a musty smell ripe from the years.

I continued through the bathroom; the toilet (remember, 15 years!), the sink, the walls, the light fixtures, the floor.

I was amazed that each of these retained a luster of newness beneath the crud, and it gleamed with pride at being loved and cared for. Like Lorie.

As I stood there in my frilly, pleated skirt, standing in my clean, shiny gurl closet, I knew I had stepped into a new era of self-kindness, ownership of my being, a room of non-judgment.

What a way to start a New Year.

Tomorrow: clip hangers for the rows of skirts.

Welcome home, Lorie.

Have you had a milestone like this? Please share it with us.

Anonymous

Good for you Lorie and now you can fill all the closets with your things. I know that shopping experience you had girl and congrats

Hi Lorie!!!!  My dear, what a great story….I loved it!    I am single now too and still don’t have enough room for “My” clothes! Why do we buy soooo many when we will never wear them all? There goes that “collector gene” again. I guess we have been deprived for so long that when we are let out….we go bananas. I started with all my male underwear and replaced with pantys….the only underwear I wear, except for bras. I have a thing for skirts and tops too. Dresses are hard to deal with……bi-ceps won’t fit sleeves….damn. No sleeves works but have to be careful here because of some scars from the War in Nam. I wish you liuck on your “pitch-party”….be brutal…it is hard to get rid of memories. I now understand my ex wife much better.

Take care….let us know how you’ve made out……..

Lady Veronica

Lady Veronica,

Yes, sleeveless has its challenges, but in the winter I can cover my arms with a shawl or sweater.

Thanks for your support. I’m already eyeing some pieces for the pitch party.

Lorie

hello and welcome to C.d.H.

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Lorie    wonderful little story . It is so nice to have that little place for Lorie to flourish ,a place she can call her own . As for myself I live with my wife in a modest bungalow with small closets as  mined being quite small so been moving my guy attire to added closets down stairs . Now I’m noticing most in the bedroom  is quite full of Stephanie’s  and even my wife giggles as she teases that there much be two woman living here LOL!!  that need to have that special place just for her is so meaningful and does create that feeling that  she is here and wanting to be part .

Jaime Parris
      Contributing Editor

I’m single.  Yet, I have my closet divided between my femme and drab clothes.  I need to do the same thing pretty soon.  I am not planning on throwing out a lot of clothes.  My drab clothes consists mostly of t-shirts and jeans.  I am going to reorganize my clothes so I can get to my favorite clothes easier.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?