- The Greatest Lady, Aretha Franklin
- Mr Smooth: Smokey Robinson
- The Phenomenal Gladys Knight
- Beyond Wonderful Marvin Gaye
- Oh, yes... Diana Ross
- Someone else? Please justify......
- April 30, 2021 at 11:26 am #485905Inga KrasivayaParticipantRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 408Has thanked: 469 timesBeen thanked: 1381 times
Back from yet another day on the jury service (not sure anyone will have missed me…) but I wanted to relax a little – and started to listening to some smoooooth music. Had to come up with the question – who has the best voice… and I think these are the best five out of… well, five… Come on ladies: and remember that there really ain’t a wrong answer…
- May 4, 2021 at 3:40 pm #487929Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 25Replies: 3069Has thanked: 2859 timesBeen thanked: 6436 times
- May 3, 2021 at 11:26 am #487201Kay LambertLadyRegistered On: February 28, 2017Topics: 3Replies: 56Has thanked: 249 timesBeen thanked: 322 times
I saw Smokey in concert in Miami. Small venue, really up close and personal. What a voice. He personified what it meant to be an engaging entertainer. I will never forget it. Smokey’s got my vote.
- May 3, 2021 at 7:31 am #487115
- May 3, 2021 at 4:58 am #487050MikalaDuchessRegistered On: April 11, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 45Has thanked: 274 timesBeen thanked: 169 times
- May 3, 2021 at 3:56 am #487035Sally DrinkwaterDuchessRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 289Has thanked: 73 timesBeen thanked: 1092 times
- May 3, 2021 at 3:08 pm #487309Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 25Replies: 3069Has thanked: 2859 timesBeen thanked: 6436 times
- May 2, 2021 at 7:00 pm #486952Jannie MurryLadyRegistered On: October 15, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 132Has thanked: 66 timesBeen thanked: 624 times
I voted for
Jann Arden and her son Insensitive. The words take me to a place where I used to be. Nothing wrong with Motown, but this is my favorite
- May 2, 2021 at 6:34 pm #486946
- May 2, 2021 at 4:54 pm #486905
- May 2, 2021 at 6:56 am #486710Debbie LynnLadyRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 55Has thanked: 360 timesBeen thanked: 220 times
- May 1, 2021 at 4:53 am #486228GwynethLadyRegistered On: January 21, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 58Has thanked: 797 timesBeen thanked: 199 times
- May 1, 2021 at 3:26 am #486201Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 860Has thanked: 8601 timesBeen thanked: 3783 times
- May 1, 2021 at 2:51 am #486183
- May 1, 2021 at 12:15 am #486164T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 345Has thanked: 3700 timesBeen thanked: 1426 times
My Dad was Retired GM engiener, we grew up listening and playing and dancing to MOTORCITY MUSIC. My wife was born in Detroit, Mary Wells was her baby sitter. The whole family knew the artists, hung out at Hits City. Remember, it was just a converted home on the street.
Can’ t pick one…just too many memories.
Being a musician, I played to imitate the sound of the ” Funk Brothers”. Hal Blaine was the drummer we all idolized. He and most all the brothers are gone now.
All we have is what they left us…their Souls in the music.
- April 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm #486034
- April 30, 2021 at 2:13 pm #485990
- April 30, 2021 at 1:43 pm #485961LadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 25Replies: 3069Has thanked: 2859 timesBeen thanked: 6436 times
- April 30, 2021 at 1:38 pm #485955Jamie PeridotLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 243Has thanked: 1466 timesBeen thanked: 729 times
I assume by your poll you are thinking solo artists. In that case I can’t believe you didn’t list Stevie Wonder. No justification needed. Marvin Gaye a close second for a male artist. As far as smoothest voice it would have to be Smokey. For females it is a three way tie with the artists you have listed.
- April 30, 2021 at 1:21 pm #485943Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 253Has thanked: 2779 timesBeen thanked: 1204 times
- April 30, 2021 at 1:33 pm #485952
- April 30, 2021 at 1:12 pm #485938Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 63Replies: 1291Has thanked: 4634 timesBeen thanked: 7038 times
The Supremes and just after she went solo…..one of the best female vocalists ever….in my opinion…
Touch me in the morning, all of my life, ain’t no mountain high enough, reach out and touch, surrender….the list just runs and runs.
When the court case ends, I hope they actually sentence the right person and let you out of court Inga….we need you here!!!
- April 30, 2021 at 12:49 pm #485932KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 8Replies: 567Has thanked: 1491 timesBeen thanked: 2523 times
Hi Inga, Motown isn’t my favourite genre but there are some good tunes. I do like “I heard it through the Grapevine” by Marvin Gaye. But for really relaxing, I enjoy listening to the smooth sound of Michael Buble singing “Sway”. Give that a listen with a nice glass of chardonnay or malbec. Or for a fun smooth tune, listen to the version of “Baby it’s cold outside” by Lady Gaga and Joseph Gordon Levittt, you have to watch it on YouTube. Take care, Have a lovely weekend, Hugs, Krista.
- April 30, 2021 at 12:27 pm #485923Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 2066Has thanked: 4084 timesBeen thanked: 7386 times
Not really a fan of Motown (I’m a Jazz Baby); but I made an exception for Otis Redding. I can’t ever forget that haunting melody of his hit “Sittin’ On The Dock of The Bay”.
- April 30, 2021 at 12:31 pm #485924
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.