Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Back from yet another day on the jury service (not sure anyone will have missed me…) but I wanted to relax a little – and started to listening to some smoooooth music.  Had to come up with the question – who has the best voice… and I think these are the best five out of… well, five…  Come on ladies:  and remember that there really ain’t a wrong answer…

Anonymous

Not really a fan of Motown (I’m a Jazz Baby); but I made an exception for Otis Redding. I can’t ever forget that haunting melody of his hit “Sittin’ On The Dock of The Bay”.

Anonymous

You are soooooo right…  Otis:  RIP…

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Inga, Motown isn’t my favourite genre but there are some good tunes.  I do like “I heard it through the Grapevine” by Marvin Gaye.  But for really relaxing, I enjoy listening to the smooth sound of Michael Buble singing “Sway”.  Give that a listen with a nice glass of chardonnay or malbec.  Or for a fun smooth tune, listen to the version of “Baby it’s cold outside” by Lady Gaga and Joseph Gordon Levittt, you have to watch it on YouTube.  Take care, Have a lovely weekend, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Diana Ross…

The Supremes and just after she went solo…..one of the best female  vocalists ever….in my opinion…

Touch me in the morning, all of my life, ain’t no mountain high enough, reach out and touch, surrender….the list just runs and runs.

Grace xx…

When the court case ends, I hope they actually sentence the right person and let you out of court Inga….we need you here!!!

Anonymous

So many great voices, I can’t decide.

The Jackson 5

The Five Stairsteps

The Three Degrees

The Temptations

I assume by your poll you are thinking solo artists. In that case I can’t believe you didn’t list Stevie Wonder. No justification needed. Marvin Gaye a close second for a male artist. As far as smoothest voice it would have to be Smokey. For females it is a three way tie with the artists you have listed.

Hi Inga,

Can’t pick just one.  There were so many delightful Motown groups including 5hose you listed, The Four Tops, Temptations etc.

Alice

Anonymous

Had to go with Aretha, the queen but so many more.

The Four Tops!

Anonymous

My Dad was Retired GM engiener, we grew up listening and playing and dancing to MOTORCITY MUSIC. My wife was born in Detroit, Mary Wells was her baby sitter. The whole family knew the artists, hung out at Hits City. Remember, it was just a converted home on the street.
      Can’ t pick one…just too many memories.
      Being a musician, I played to imitate the sound of the ” Funk Brothers”. Hal Blaine was the drummer we all idolized. He and most all the brothers are gone now.
      All we have is what they left us…their Souls in the music.
      Dr.T.J.

Anonymous

Haven’t been around for a while owing to extreme business with the jury service, but…  WOW!!!  MARY WELLS!!!  About the only way you could get better than that would be to say you had Florence Ballard or (the incomparable) Cindy Birdsong!  Not only am I totally jealous, I’m completely in awe!!!  That’s going to knock me out till Monday – when I have to return to the jury room……  See you all later, ladies:  just wonder if any of the rest of the jury even think that it’s possible another juror is underdressing……  Totally Impartial Inga……

Anonymous

Inga…

Don’t know if you saw my comments on ” Motown”….

My wife was 8 when she and her sisters moved to Nashville, but all her memories of ” Hits ville” are vivib of hanging with these YOUNG stars that Batty Gordy amassed.

Her Baby sitter Was MARY WELLS. Her parents and family were friends with the whole Motown Gang.

Love to you…

Love to chat…hit me up…

Dr.T.J.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

what about Karen Carpenter.
      Sandy

As a lover of Soul, and R&B, I have to go with the queen, or Etta James, but I dont think she was part of Motown
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

Gwyneth
      Lady

My “someone else” would have to be The Temptations. Of course in my youth I wanted to be a Pip.

Hiya! Love all the choices! Voted other just to give a shout outs to The Temptations and Little Stevie Wonder! 🤗 Debbie Lynn

Terri
      Duchess

King of Soul. James Brown
      Queen of Soul. Aretha Franklin

Anonymous

Hi Inga,

Marvin Gaye, for me

Soul became social conscience.

Marti xxx

I voted for

Jann Arden and her son Insensitive. The words take me to a place where I used to be. Nothing wrong with Motown, but this is my favorite

How could you miss Roberta Flak from your list of superstars?

Music to sip a glass of wine too in a darkened room.

Hi Sally,

Didn’t Roberta Flack release her recordings on Atlantic?

Alice

Gwyneth
          Lady

[postquote quote=487309]
          Kinda like I didn’t suggest Al Green. He was of Stax records in Memphis.

I love Motown,
      When artists could really sing.
      There are just to many favourites to mention, but one of my most liked songs from that era is Hey There Lonely Girl by Eddie Holman.

Mikala xxx.

The Temptations!

I saw Smokey in concert in Miami. Small venue, really up close and personal. What a voice. He personified what it meant to be an engaging entertainer. I will never forget it. Smokey’s got my vote.

Kay👩🏻‍🦳💋

[postquote quote=487349]
      Now the reverend Al Green.

Alice

Otis Redding.
      Can anything sound more soulful than dock of the bay?

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?