Tagged: ,

Viewing 39 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Anyone here a musician? What do you play? I am a bass player and love playing my bass while dressed up. If only I could play out in public!!! Can only wish…

Stacy Ann May
      Duchess

I play guitar and bass, also a little drums. I love to write and record my own songs. It’s a fun hobby that’s tremendously satisfying too.

Hi Zoe,

I play the drums for my own entertainment and I find it relaxing doing drum covers for my favourite tracks.  I haven’t drummed dressed, maybe I should give it a go on Green Day’s King for a Day.

Jessica x

Anonymous

I don’t really  play any instrument exactly  (guitar a little) but I do make my own music on my computer using samples I either find or make with my own voice. I tend to have mixed results.

Anonymous

Nice to see this posted. I play alto sax, but I can’t honestly call myself a musician. Severe overbite prevents me from a proper embouchure, and the same problem made playing trumpet impossible. Still, I enjoy what I do, and I play pop and 20’s jazz.

Revel
        Baroness

Cool! 😎

When I was in Highschool, I used to play the saxophone too, sister. 🎷

Aoife
      Lady

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Same! I mostly play bass but a little bit of everything else in the rock cannon. Mostly space rock, loud psychedelic folk, and post-punk. Ideally all at once. Always imagined playing in a short length, long sleeved dress. One day!</p>

Aoife
        Lady

Years ago I saw Paz Lecanchin when she was in Entrance and she was wearing loose- fitting long-sleeve dresses like that with her legs all bare and uncovered. She would stand there on top her her massive stack barefoot with her long black hair in her face and all I could think was “that must be the best feeling.” If I had even a little bit more money then I would have gotten myself a dress like that and probably wear it every day.

Anonymous

My most recent music project was about 3 years ago. I was guitarist in a Black Sabbath tribute band. And a Who tribute band at the same time!

I’ve done so many musical things since age 6, it’d take hours to write this post!

Other instruments: Piano, keyboards (electronic keyboards are very different to play, and I have also played organs, like church organs, which are awesome beasts), violin, recorder and bass.

I had most affinity with bass – I just play naturally whatever feels good, without such nonsense as theory getting in the way.

I have a degree in music, so my theoretical knowledge is quite good, but I’ve always taken the attitude that you learn theory to understand how it works, you do composition assignments to prove it, and practical examinations to demonstrate that yes, you know the theory, but you also get how the whole musical thing works.

Playing comes from the heart, but with no study, it’s gibberish. Music is a language – a means of communication.

It’s fundamentally sound organised in time, so maybe gibberish isn’t the right word.

An untrained player will communicate with the equivalence of a young child. The less study that is pit into music, the harder it is for others to interpret, yet it may still sound beautiful, or communicate something.

A highly skilled player is just as capable of communicating gibberish – the overload of techniques can overwhelm the average listener, who may not have progressed past Coldplay.

Doh!

That always happens when I start writing about music – I don’t want to stop!

Love Laura

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Love this post! I have been involved with music to some extent as longer than I have dressed. My grandmother started teaching me piano around 6 yrs old, and my grandfather started teaching me violin just a few years later, when I was old enough to hold a full size violin. I played classical violin in a youth orchestra during my teens, concurrent with playing flute in the high school band. Though I studied classical violin for a time, I never took piano lessons beyond what my grandmother taught me.

Due to pressures of work, I didn’t play much for some years, and an injury to my left wrist made it very painful to play violin much. So I went back to piano.

Then I started taking lessons, and play at a grade 9 to 10 level, though I’ve never gone through been tested for which RCM level I’m at. I play Romantic classical, which is late 19th and early 20th century, and some Jazz, the odd pop song, plus some of my own compositions.

Have practiced at home as Amy, but never been out and performed en femme. That would be neat, but I’m a nervous performer at the best of times, and that would up that factor by quite a bit, I think.

I still have my grandmother’s piano, an upright which dates from 1911, and had restored a few years ago for my daughter, who has it now.  I play on a baby grand these days.

Amy

Anonymous

Do the grades go up to 10 these days?

When I was 15, 8 was the highest.

I have grade 8 piano, voice and theory and definitely would have continued if there was anywhere to go- hence the degree.

I’ll look it up – could do with honing my skills

Love Laura

Amy Myers
          Baroness

Yes, at least here in Canada, and I suspect its’ everywhere.

Amy

Revel
        Baroness

Thanks Amy for sharing all of that. My sibling sister used to play the violin when she was in orchestra. Lovely instrument.

Rev

Anonymous

nice to know there are many musicians in our group. Great news!! I just became a member in a local band. I’m so excited.

I play bass and key boards. Was in a band years ago but we split up and I took up DJing.

I play 6 string acoustic guitar as well as I feel I need to, but would never be able to do so in public.  I do it to relax and let the daily stress melt off.  I am slowly (read as VERY slowly) learning 12 string.  I can read music from playing coronet in school, and just love how simple guitar tab is.  It is just my natural low talent that keeps me out of the studio, LOL

Now, give me a nice stereo and I can play anything from ABBA to ZZ Top, and make it sound goooood.

PaulaF

I did once attempt to learn the guitar, but sadly I gave up.

Am a DJ though.

Roxy641

I am somewhat of a musical artist myself. I don’t play but I do write (lyrics, not musical notes) and I do sing (I’ve been told I have a good singing voice too). Sadly I haven’t really had a chance to get my music out there though.

Revel
        Baroness

I personally think the best instrument of all is the human voice. I’m also a really good singer. 😀

Revel

Revel
      Baroness

Yes! My Daddy taught me how to play a German Hohner button accordion, and my Grandma gave me a beautiful red Mother of Pearl one. I’ve been playing it for years. My Daddy has a black one, and sometimes we play them together. I can also play my antique pump organ, and a didgeridoo.

Amy Myers
        Baroness

Oh I love those antique pump organs, and has considered buying one. Neat instruments and I once did an impromptu performance at a museum on one. The tour person asked if someone could play piano, when I answered yes, then offered a short stint playing it!

It was tough getting my head around pumping and playing, so a friend did the pumping whilst I played.

Amy

Revel
          Baroness

I love antique pump organs too. ♥️

If I were you, I would definitely buy one. My Mommy and Daddy bought one in an antique store years ago complete with the top, and it’s beautiful golden oak. I can only play a few songs on it, but I love how when you play it while pumping the pedals, you’re also exercising at the same time! So I know what you mean, Amy. They’re so fun to play! 😃

Rev

Cece X
      Lady

I love this post! In my youth, I played several instruments long enough to learn the basics, but never went beyond that beginner level, so I am not a musician. I am a far better audience. I go out to hear live original music several times each week, and have been doing that for decades, so I am very well connected in New York City’s music circuit. My vast network of friends and acquaintances is comprised mostly of musicians in bands. I sometimes wonder if any of these musicians are closet crossdressers like me.

Revel
      Baroness

I’m also pretty good at playing the harmonica. 😊

Rev

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Broken down old rock rhythm guitarist this end. Cant play lead, my fingers are too short. Cant stretch them out far enough. I own 3 very nice guitars, 2 Australian Matons and a Fender “Strat”.aka Stratocaster

“You aint an old rocker unless you own a Strat”> Just play for my own enjoyment, never anything like pro.

Always wanted to team up with another CD guitarist play a duo.

We would be the “Neverbe Sisters”(gender opposite of the Everley Bros… Geddit!!!)

Caty

Anonymous

I wouldn’t call myself a musician but I do play guitar. I have a cheap n cheerful telecaster and a 6 string acoustic.

I love playing dressed. It’s fun to combine two of my hobbies!!

Caroline

Anonymous

I’m a musician and have been all of my life. Not that I’m a professional, I’m not, but I play a variety of instruments (guitar, bass, brass, etc.), have played in a few bands, and I love all genres of music.

I’ve often wondered if the percentage of crossdressers is higher among musicians than among the general population? That would be interesting to know, if maybe the creative gene is manifested in musicians in both a musical and a crossdressing way?

Anyway, yes, being a musician is wonderful and I’m glad that music is such a large part of my life!

Dawn West
      Lady

Awhile back I posted a similar question. So I love that this has come around again. I’m a musician of 45 years Back in the day I was a full time pro for about 8 years. I play bass and guitar as well as sing and still perform out with my group. (I have never shared Dawn with anybody) My thought / question was would any other musician want to get together and jam while dressed. If things went well perhaps form a group specifically to perform at Conventions for CDer’s or transgender events? I live west of Chicago and believe there may be several clubs and venues that would cater to this. I haven’t been to any conferences yet but for those who have… would live music be welcomed? Are there any members here that would like to even meet and try this?
      I’m thinking the least that would come out of this would be friendship, liberation, a safe place to be open with like minds. (Even if you didn’t want to play out to the public) We could still have our own get together. (Band gear isn’t a problem as I have most of it.)

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you.
      Dawn

ChloeC
      Duchess

There were times that I would have liked to have seriously learned to play something. Back in my early teen years, our mother demanded that each of us choose between piano lessons and tap dancing.  While I would have inwardly loved to tap, that was not something a 12 year old boy would do in my neighborhood, so I took piano.  I can still read sheet music and I can play a few tunes, just not as good as I probably could have (edit – we have a mezzanine grand, which constantly needs work…and a good friend who can really play who we invite over).  Also, back in the ‘great recession’ I took several adult classes at the local community college including Mountain dulcimer.  I still have it and on rare occasion get it out and try to pluck a tune or two.

Hugs, ChloeC

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by ChloeC.
      Anonymous

This thread really has some longevity! I love that so many of us girls are musicians. (And I could care less if you are a “professional…”. If you make music, you are a musician.)

I’ve been pretty public about posting my music here, and it’s largely because accepting myself as female has unlocked my confidence as a musician. I’ve been playing guitar for almost 35 years, but only in the last few have I fully embraced myself as a musician and songwriter – and state this confidently and without apology! I think to truly unlock your own creativity you have to be honest about who you are. Otherwise, there is s mental block there that restricts you from getting in touch with your inner muse…

Dawn Judson
        Ambassador

I make music. I play a mean laptop. I’m a DJ, but not really a musician.

Ginah H
      Lady

Guitar and drums fairly professionally I guess!

I was once a French Horn player. These days I play flute.

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

I tried learning the trumpet back in elementary school without success.
      but I have a story that relates crossdressing and musicians.

I’ve crossdressed from an early age.
      having pretty strong feelings they my fiancé would never accept so I purged about a week before our wedding . when I started crossdressing again about three years in I contemplated telling my wife.
      I had a good friend who played in a rock band, never made it big but they were pretty good. One day my wife and I are at another friends house and he tells us how our friend in the bands girlfriend likes it when he wears her panties underneath while playing on stage. I right away think “ lucky bastard “ I look at my wife who has this disgusted look on her face and says “ that’s sick” my friend then reply’s to my surprise “ hey if they both enjoy it what’s the harm” my wife (now ex wife)
      looks at me and says “don’t get any ideas “
      needless to say I canned my idea of telling her.
      when she did discover I wore panties several years later she reacted just the way I though she would. She never did or would accept any aspect of crossdressing.

Natalie 💋

I play piano some, but my primary instrument is the drums.  I sing as well, pretty good I’m told.  I also own a bass.  notice I didn’t say I PLAY the bass.

I also was quite proficient in my youth on the kazoo.  (-:

I play guitar. Have played for many years.

Anonymous

I play banjo, not well, but it’s really fun.  I’m a three- fingered melodic bluegrass picker and I really enjoy it.  I also sing in church, choir and worship band with several solos and I’ve always enjoyed singing.  I took piano lessons as a youngster but classical music didn’t do it for me so guitar and banjo, bluegrass and country rock, took over.

Renea❤️

I have been a professional drummer since 1989 made about 16 albums with various singers and bands and I still love playing and practicing have played warning a LBD before I came out and got a interesting response from the public mainly from men I always thought they secretly fancied wearing one he he! Namaste
      Sophia

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Sophia Fab.

Played tenor sax semi-pro but stopped when career got in the way; too much travel. Played clarinet for my own amusement until a few months ago. Need to start up again. Thanks for the inspiration! Best, Marlene.

Thea
      Lady

Music is a big thing for me and I play a number of instruments, though only semi-pro.  I’ve never been out en femme so have never played en femme though I do dream, and waste time in practices day dreaming about what I’d prefer to be wearing! Interestingly I feel more femme playing the piano, and my male side tends to play the trombone.  I recently had to stand in conducting a local instrumental group, and ever since I’ve had this fantasy of standing in front of them in full dress: long skirt, the lot, conducting Swan Lake!

Hugs Thea

I’m a musician. First instrument was voice, sang in all the audition choirs in high school, lettered in music. Started playing guitar at 14, but never got much good at it. Like Joe Strummer, I can play all six strings at once, or none at all. Played bass and sang in bands, but not in ages. Secretly harboring a keen desire to play in an all trans punk band…

Anonymous

Bassist and clarinet. Would love to play clarinet one day either with a formal black dress on or one of the costume dresses the Johan Strauss Orchestra wears during performances. For bass? Knee length skirt, dark colored shirt with denim best, black tights, black tennis shoes or combat boots. Perfect outfit.

Anonymous

How did I miss this post when I joined a couple years ago? I am a guitar player in a local blues and blues/rock band. I only underdress onstage though. I do love the way the strap really makes the most of my cleavage when practicing at home though.

I dream of playing in a transgender band someday.

— Abbie 🥰🎸

I’ve been playing Guitar since I was 16. I mom bought me my first guitar so I would stop singing. My singing is not good 🙂 I bought a Fender Strat about 10 years ago; just a beautiful sounding instrument. I bought a PRS semi-acoustic just pre-covid. Its the best guitar I have in the set. I buy guitars like I buy dresses…hahaha

Another guitar player here. I have played since 6th grade. I primarily play my Strat or Les Paul at this point.

XO Tara

I play guitar and ukulele, and I’m sure I could still play the trumpet although I haven’t played since an alumni band appearance over 10 years ago. I absolutely love my guitar.. it’s the first major thing I bought with money from my first job. It’s a Jackson DK2S with a Sustainiac pickup in the neck, an STK-1 pickup in the mid, and Dimebag Darrell’s signature pickup the Dimebucker in the bridge. I’ve got a Peavey Triple XXX all tube head and a super rare Jackson 4×12 cab.. and all that paired together looks metal AF lol. I’ve used that setup for lots of bands though.. it sounds just as amazing in a ska band. I had another electric, an LTD M400 with EMG81/85 pickups that I won at Warped Tour several years ago, signed by the party legend himself Andrew W.K., but my apartment got broken into on Thanksgiving one year and it was stolen 😔

I play guitar….just at home for fun. I do like to dress up and play sometimes. Have played for around 40 years.

I play the saxophone, I’d love to play in a band or orchestra en femme! Whenever I’m shopping for dresses, I always spend a bit of time thinking about whether or not an outfit would work as “concert dress,” usually a shade of black or something; but I like the tradition of the soloist wearing something brighter (in classical music).

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I play a mean air guitar. Does that count?

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?