• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

If you haven’t read Steven Appleby’s graphic novel, “Dragman” yet – drop everything and go get yourself a copy!

http://www.stevenappleby.com/newspaper/2019/11/10/london-in-the-past-or-maybe-in-the-future/

I mean, a comic about a guy who can fly when he puts on a dress? Come on! I about fell over when I saw this on the shelf. It’s funny, poignant, and inspiring. It’s a great superhero story, but accurately captures the inner struggles of being trans…I can’t recommend this enough!

Luv,

Lexi

Thank you for sharing this information. This may be useful to me.

A must read?  Okay, how about: Bill Bryson’s ‘One Summer, America 1927’.  Think what’s past is prologue.  Or maybe it’s, those who don’t remember the past are . . . Oops, too late.  Enjoy.

Samantha Joan
      Hostess

Hey Lexi

Hope you are well.

Thank you for the recommendation, much appreciated.

Hugs

Samantha x x

Anonymous

Here’s another great book to share, “Dreadnaught,” by April Daniels. It’s about a teenager trans girl who is very much in the closet, until a superhero gets killed and passes his mantle that gives him power, and it also transforms her into a genetic female. It’s funny, well-written, and so great to see a character that deals with all the same struggles any trans kid does. So well done!

Hi Lexie Thank you for sharing These books make me feel sad and happy I am happy for those who had parents that recognized our issues and had the strength to help and support how we felt. It is sad that so many of us had to bury those feelings to make others feel good about them selves. Thank you again

Luv Stephanie

Anonymous

Well, don’t get too sad about it – this character’s parents are NOT happy about what happened. A major plot point of the book (no spoilers) is their relationship with the father, especially. It’s actually quite painful, but at the same time, fabulous in that it captures what is the unfortunate reality for most.

In other words, just because you magically become a “girl” doesn’t mean that it’s any easier on the parents! Because they automatically assume you want nothing more than to go back to being a boy. I know when I was a kid and used to pray that I would wake up a girl in the morning, part of the deal was that, as far as everyone else was concerned, it had to be as if I had always been female. I didn’t want to have to deal with all the awkwardness Danny does in this book…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?