- September 20, 2020 at 5:10 am #385495Bobbi SueParticipantRegistered On: September 15, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 57Has thanked: 97 timesBeen thanked: 345 times
In a cathartic act, I’m sharing my cross dressing bio with y’all. Give y’all a bit of insight on who Bobbi Sue is..
I started cross dressing at 12. My parents caught me. Back then it was considered a physiological disorder. My parents sent me to a psychiatrist for a year to “cure” me. I learned I was broken and suppressed the desire for the next several decades. My strong feminine taste just came out in thing ways, like interior decor. (I love having a super feminine boudoir.)
This year I really started to miss having a female presence around, so I decided to buy a few pieces of clothing. I figured if I no longer had someone to wear frilly things for me, I’d wear them. What I discovered is that I really , really, enjoy it. It’s empowering, relaxing, and fun. I love embracing my feminine side. Maybe I’m not broken after all.
Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- September 27, 2020 at 11:16 am #388043Araminta PurdyParticipantRegistered On: January 23, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 169Has thanked: 215 timesBeen thanked: 501 times
You are not broken. The problem is that psychologists and therapists often go with what they were trained to believe rather than actually thinking about the contradictions. They are getting better but if you had seen, for example, the arguments as to definitions a few years ago you would realize that choosing a therapist needs to be done with care and with some knowledge of one’s own. Even today there are some who believe in ‘conversion therapy’ and other forms of psychological torture.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to be feminine. Being feminine is a marvellous thing. Sometimes I think that not wanting to be feminine is indicative of something wrong. I mean, over half of the world population finds meaning and fulfillment in being feminine. How more normal can you get?
I am dreadfully sorry that you had to go through that at such a young age and I hope your recovery is complete.
- September 21, 2020 at 6:36 am #385937Stephanie RobertsParticipantRegistered On: May 20, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 292Has thanked: 2307 timesBeen thanked: 943 times
- September 20, 2020 at 3:35 pm #385747AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 99Has thanked: 572 timesBeen thanked: 378 times
- September 20, 2020 at 3:34 pm #385746Alice UnderwireParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1926Has thanked: 597 timesBeen thanked: 3443 times
- September 20, 2020 at 2:53 pm #385716Kay AndersonParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 507Has thanked: 4817 timesBeen thanked: 2627 times
- September 20, 2020 at 2:23 pm #385707Heather HarrisonParticipantRegistered On: August 3, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 110Has thanked: 683 timesBeen thanked: 495 times
- September 20, 2020 at 2:19 pm #385701
- September 20, 2020 at 1:58 pm #385695Heather HarrisonParticipantRegistered On: August 3, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 110Has thanked: 683 timesBeen thanked: 495 times
- September 20, 2020 at 1:40 pm #385686Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1448Has thanked: 2375 timesBeen thanked: 4331 times
Some wit once wrote the psyschiatry is that same disease which it pretends to cure. No, girl, you are not broken; Different, yes; but not broken. (And if you are, you have loads of company here at CDH).
- September 20, 2020 at 1:27 pm #385682Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 363Has thanked: 2105 timesBeen thanked: 1717 times
Hi Bobbi..if you are broken because of how you dress, I am “wrecked” girl..haha…love that you are not holding back and are going for it…..and I love the boudoir idea…..need to think about that one….smiles, Grace xx
p.s. Natasha, your line about the cure of the cure of the cure….brilliant!!!!!….yes, you are def back xx
- September 20, 2020 at 8:08 am #385548Wendy MeParticipantRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 38Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 194 times
You are who you are, I dress every day but not all day. I feel very comfortable while doing it. Do I want to do it full time, NO, that just wouldn’t workout well for me, but if works for you that’s great. We are all different and have to come to terms with it. I was evaluated in my early teens by a physicist but back then things where a lot different and less tolerant and their attitude just pissed me off, I knew I wasn’t going change.
- September 20, 2020 at 7:43 am #385536TerriParticipantRegistered On: May 17, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 146Has thanked: 132 timesBeen thanked: 423 times
Thank you Bobbi for telling your story. As you can see you are not alone. There are thousands if not millions just like you. Years ago when I met another CD at my 1st outing it changed my life. Hugs Terri
- September 20, 2020 at 7:04 am #385523AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 99Has thanked: 572 timesBeen thanked: 378 times
Hello Bobbi Sue.
I read your bio. I had tears Luv.
First. YOU….are not broken. Please dont let anyone tell you that.
Second. There is no cure. People who think there is a cure. Need a cure for thinking we need a cure.
My brother and myself excelled in school. By 10th grade I had almost all my classes finished. I could have graduated early. In computer class. I was so far ahead of other students. I was helping the teacher correct quizzes and homework. Just for something to do.
But I was evaluated by Drs. They use to tell my parents he is very smart. But there was something different between my brother and I. It was to the fact I also had a girl hiding inside me.
Between the two souls in one body. It created a unique person. The way I developed was due to having two souls. Different likes, pleasures, personality.
When I seen Drs and were questioned. I questioned the Drs.
In 2003. Natasha could no longer be hid from myself. She was fed up of hiding not being able to actually love life. Enjoy seeing everything how she sees it. So 2003 I went to a family reunion as Natasha. It went well. I have 2 family members who are at odds with it. But Natasha doesn’t care what they think. Then a month later. I went to my best friends family reunion as Natasha. I have known him since 1989. Again some questions on why. But nothing bad.
So please dont ever think there is something wrong with you. Its the others around you hun.
I, Natasha stands her ground. No one tells her otherwise. I have never been happier since Natasha’s soul has been freed. Male me. Neil. Is a much better person for Natasha as well.
Keep your chin up. Be proud of who you are. Heck with others.. Live for you. Not others.
- September 20, 2020 at 6:46 am #385518Olivia LivinParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 35Replies: 1455Has thanked: 6266 timesBeen thanked: 3389 times
- September 20, 2020 at 5:19 am #385497Stevie SteinerParticipantRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 25Replies: 558Has thanked: 2443 timesBeen thanked: 2658 times
Hi Bobbi, thank you for sharing that story. Of course you are not broken, but I think you know that deep down. In fact, you may be ‘” fixing ” what hasn’t been ” right ‘ all along. And, you are in the perfect place to do it!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.