Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

It hit me today that in 2 weeks, on May 27th, it will be 1 year ago that I finally got up the nerve to join CDH after visiting a few times.  I never joined chat prior to joining. I read Vanessa’s and others’ articles in hopes to help find the language to express what my dressing meant. It is in those forum posts and articles where I realized that CDH would be a good place to finally reach out to the world. Like so many others here, I was nervous to post an introduction, I think I wrote it a few times and then didn’t post it for a bit due to being scared of not getting any response.  And I definitely was slow at filling in my profile.  I hemmed and hawed about accepting the first friend requests simply because I was nervous, did I want to really interact, what was I going to say, would they think I was odd?   I was determined that I would never show my face.  Then as accepted friendship requests, got bold to talk in chat, responded to posts, articles, pictures, groups something clicked and I knew that I found a place that I could learn from, find support, and frienships.

And here I am almost a year later, and I have written articles, become an ambassador, greet new members in forums, posted photos (albeit to my private photos), chat, joined TGH, help run the Media Review, have friends from all over the world.  Got the nerve to go to a Halloween party dressed up. Buying wigs, wearing makeup, having a wardrobe have all became a part of our reality.  Hey I even posted a profile pic after having a fun cartoon avatar that I loved.  Now, my wife is a member, we talk freely about clothes, gender, what it means to both of us, finding a way to go to a conference, and weighing the risk about coming out and going out in public.

So it has been an incredible year full of surprises, emotions, new friends, new sense of self.  I want to say thank you all.  You are truly an amazing and wonderful community! And I wish you all the most success, joy, laughter that can be had. I am happy to be among you all.

Much love,

Michelle

Congratulations Michelle

On your CDH anniversary and reaching so many other milestones, I remember your lovely Avatar.

I thank you for being here with us.

💋Olivia

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Thanks Olivia. And the feeling is mutual.  I am happy that you are here as well.

Hugs,

Michelle

Happy anniversary!

Happy Anniversary, Michelle!! You’ve come a long way in a year, that’s for sure! There’s a number of CDH folks that make my participation here so enjoyable, and you’re certainly one of them!

I, like Olivia, still fondly remember your cartoon avatar of old, but now I admire your avatar of the real you. I started out pretty much as you did, afraid to reveal too much about myself, and I’m still about the same (but I’m okay with that).

So, congrats, and please continue to be an exemplar of the CDH community!

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Aww, thanks Camryn!  the feeling is mutual.  I love that we can all go at our own pace and still be able to support each other.  I really never thought I would have reached where I am now.  Course, still need to get comfortable going out hopefully at Keysston next year.

Hugs,

Michelle

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Congratulations and have many more too Michelle. How time flies and on how much one moves forward and expresses our love for dressing. I too by next month will be celebrating my 2nd year and still can’t believe how far I have moved along. Actually posting pictures to chatting with others especially for someone who’s never interacted with anyone online. Still trying to figure things out and with my wife learning to understand and work on our new and ever changing relationship. I too would never have  thought of ever being confinent to go out in public but now have accomplished this. And as you mentioned about attending a conference, I did just this year, my first Keystone and was an unbelievable experience. I’m awaiting the opportunity to attend next years too and  I hope Michelle you will too experience in time. Maybe next year at keystone, love to meet you. It’s wonderful to have you here with us and honoured to have you as one of our ambassador. You mean so much to Cdh and  are a wonderful person to  have as a friend. Best to you and your wonderful wife on your special day.

Stephanie 😚

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Stephanie, thanks my friend.  Between you, Dame Veronica, and Cyn greeting me when I joined it helped set the tone as well.  So thank you.  The online part is feeling easier so hopefully getting a chance to go to a conference will help as well.  So Keystone 2020!

Hugs,

Michelle

Hi Stephanie…….HAPPY 2nd ANNIVERSARY!! Hope this note finds you well and happy. It just seems like yesterday that we connected ourselves to the CD world. Do we know what happens now?????  SHOPPING to celebrate! I am after a nice white frilly blouse! What about you?

Hugs…………….

Dame Veronica

Michelle!!!!   HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! We are proud to have you as a sister, I so enjoy your little stories and comments’. Crack open a box of wine and toast yourself……from all of us girls. Me???? I am going to Texas Toast you….from inside of a tanker car…….Red, Red, Wine….you make me feel so fine…….come on sweetie….dive in here with me!

Dame Veronica

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

You keep me rockin’ all of the time, Red red wine, you make me feel so grand
        I feel a million dollar when you’re just in my hand. 🙂  Thank you, Dame Veronica, I do enjoy being here and getting to read and share makes me feel closer to you all.

Hugs,

Michelle

Kayla
      Managing Ambassador

Happy Anniversary Michelle

I am so glad you are here and part of the team.

Hugs

Kayla

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Hi Kayla, thank you! Glad to be part of the team.🤗

Happy Anniversary pretty lady! I think your anniversary was my first day! I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this safe, encouraging and loving environment 😘❤️

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Thank you and welcome Toni!  Glad that you found and joined our community!  Hugs, Michelle

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Thanks Sa-man-tha, I am happy to see you around the site as well.  And happy that I could bring a smile.

Hugs,

Michelle

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Thank you Tiff,  I am glad to have you as a friend here and hope to wish you a Happy Anniversary next year to you!  You never know where the journey will take you, just happy to be among so many amazing people!

Hugs,

Michelle

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?