• This topic has 11 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I started crossdressing in 1978 or 1979, when I was around 10 years old. I tried on a pair of my cousin’s opaque black tights. She is a year younger than me, and, interestingly enough because I just made the connection as I write this, her name is Alexandra. It fascinates me to wonder why I tried on those tights in the first place. It wasn’t because I wanted to be a girl. It was probably a proxy for sexual exploration. Needless to say, it gave me a thrill, I suppose because the act was done in secret and had an element of danger about it. In that moment, I had embarked on a strange and wondrous adventure. My life would never be the same. In many ways, I suppose, Alex began to stir on that day four decades ago.

Throughout my teen years, I would secretly try on various clothes belonging to my mother since she was the only female around (I rarely saw my cousin, and when I did there was no opportunity to try on her stuff). I never had the chance to dress “full up,” only parts at a time and I did not have access to a wig. My mom also wore very little makeup and her wardrobe was boring, especially for a European woman in the 1980s. One day, I think it was in 1985 or so, my stash was found. I was deeply ashamed and humiliated, and I can only imagine what my parents thought. Indeed, they were not pleased, and I received the silent treatment for a long time. I shudder when I think of that time. It was the worst period of my life; which is to say I have a good life because if that’s the worst of it thus far I should consider myself fortunate.

I eventually resumed dressing, of course, but it was very sporadic. In 1987, I found myself alone in the house for a few hours, so I dressed as “full up” as I could, which means everything but a wig. I tried to style my longish hair, and I wore my mom’s yellow dress. Wow. I felt awesome. And that was it. A few months later I left for the military. I never dressed in the military.

As the years ticked by, the seed that would become Alex grew a bit. Girlfriends came and went, college came and went, and jobs would come and go as I moved along in my career. In 2005, I lost about 50 pounds due to food poisoning. What a nightmare. On the other hand, I discovered I could wear a size 8 or even a size 6! So, in 2006, after I moved to a new location, I decided to go “full up.” I went all out and purchased all manner of girly goodness. I spent perhaps $1,000 online (thank goodness for the Internet). I bought several wigs, as I had not done that before and had no idea what would look good. I also bought breast forms. The combination of wigs and breast forms, for me the quintessential elements of femininity at the time, was almost too much for my heart to handle. I dressed up in some kind of skirt suit, because as my friends already know I have a penchant for the corporate look. With clothes and makeup on, I put on my first wig. I was a redhead for the first time, kind of shoulder length with a slight wave. I thought I looked hot. So, I looked at myself in the mirror and wandered about the apartment. I practiced walking around in heels. The swishing sound created by my nyloned legs rubbing against each other was divine. I could even detect a slight bounce in my silicone bosom. But then, I got bored. A bored crossdresser is a dangerous crossdresser. I decided to go for a drive, and thankfully I had an attached garage at the time, meaning the chances of being exposed to neighbors was low. What a thrill! I could not believe what I was doing.

But the red hair didn’t feel right. I felt “off” somehow. I tried on the other wigs until I settled on the bob you see above. And there she was. Alex was born. Except at the time, I had no name for this startling new creature in my life. That would come later. I realized I had a digital camera, and that with a tripod I could take photos of myself in an effort to evaluate my appearance and manner. At first, the photos were disappointing. I looked really idiotic. But the photos served their purpose because I now had references to help polish my look. Finally, I took a series of successful photos with me wearing a pink outfit (the first photo in my Flickr stream, for example). I was very happy. I didn’t look idiotic any more. I looked like a girl. Now, as far as walking and talking, forget about it!

I went online to see if other people did similar things, and to find out more. I was worried I had a mental illness, and my initial search revealed all manner of horrid fetishy crap that didn’t help. Finally, I found several crossdressers who really knew what they were doing. They were elegantly dressed, and their makeup and hair were perfect. At this point, a competitive quality to the crossdressing emerged, and the idea that this thing I did was a hobby or craft became real. Whereas as a kid I dressed for sexual reasons, now I dressed for artistic pleasure. It was challenging and creative and fun and a faux pas. All the things an artist likes to play with. By going online, I discovered Yahoo and Flickr. The first folks I found were Laura Lenley, Cristy Garcia, KC Tyler, and Steph Yeats. Some of you will know their names. There were others, of course, but I remember those four in particular, and they are my friends to this day. I recall being so impressed and intimidated by them, but they were gracious and kind to me. I was so happy to have found such people. I wanted to reach out to them for advice and acceptance. In order to do so, I needed a name so I could get an account and email address. Andrea Michelle Forbes came out of my head rather quickly (Andrea was my first girlfriend in high school). I later changed my name to Alexandra, since I’ve always liked that name.

Later in 2006, I even went to the Southern Comfort Conference down the street from my home (imagine the fortune). It was during that conference that I decided to go out in public for the first time (not counting buzzing around in my getaway car earlier in the year). Damn, that was exhilarating! I sat in my car in the hotel parking lot for 45 minutes before mustering the courage to get out and walk through the hotel to the conference rooms. I remember being slightly panicked because once in the hotel I didn’t see any obvious signage or directions for SCC. I kept walking, and found the signs pointing to the escalators. On the way down, I looked down at my gray skirt, smooth legs, gray pumps, and the grating of the escalator step. I remember thinking, “If my mom could see me now…” What a happy, unreal day that was. I have since moved to another city, but try to make SCC each year.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Hi Alexandra,

Welcome to CDH.

Alice

Anonymous

Hi Alexandra , a wonderful story of your evolution 👗👠 Tiff

Hi Alexandra,

That is a lovely story.  I so enjoyed reading it.  I looked at your pictures, both here and on Flickr and love your style, pretty much what I am attempting to do.  Thanks so much for sharing.

Love

Melissa

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your story, I enjoyed very much reading it. Life is so unpredictable and living our dream is a wonderful thing. Being happy is important and our love for dressing certainly helps.

Stephanie 🌹

Alexandra, Thank you for sharing your story and welcome to CDH. Your profile picture and public photos are very lovely. You portray style and grace, a beautiful lady.

Anonymous

I loved reading your story Alex ❤️

Rochelle Mills
      Baroness

Love how you describe your thoughts and feelings as you developed and explored female presentation.  Makes your story so much more vivid and realistic.  Thank you!

Really enjoyed reading this Alexandra.  Have a great day.

Molly

I would like to thank you for you wonderful, thoughtful, well written story.

It is people like you, sharing your story, that helps others.

Your beautiful inside and out!

Thanks

Dana Dean
      Lady

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thank you for such a wonderful story. Very well written. By the way</p>
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>I just scrolled through you public pictures. Absolutely lovely photos. I’m very jealous of how great you look. I also have to agree with your opinion of the classic corporate look. Keep it up!!</p>

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Dana Dean.
      Anonymous

Hiya. great story it echoed most of mine especially your feelings when dressed and trying to improve your pics as you developed your look. I think we all love that feeling of being seen as a lady and indeed being treated as one. Many thanks, Sandra x

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?