Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

On hearing about the passing of Kirstie Alley, I am reminded of one of my best memories now that I look back on my teen years. Being a teenager in the 80’s and watching Cheer’s, I knew two things:

1) I was in love with Kirstie Alley.

2) I wanted to be Kirstie Alley…the hair, the makeup, the outfits, etc.

Very confusing for a teen! What’s boy/girl to do?

Anybody you remember? What if you could only pick one option?

I would go with Tina Turner (without Ike) and dance and sing the night away!   Thanks Rachel for this fun topic.   Marg

Hi Marg,

Way to go with the “entire package” choice! Very Cool!

Thanks Rachel.  I always wanted to have lunch with her and Sophia Lauren and Dolly Parton.  Just the 4 of us for a pizza party.  (probably not going to happen)  lol.             Marg

Sadly I was not aware that she pasted away. I remember her troubled later years when she struggled with huge weight gains and tried to disguise it with long loose full vests or be partially hidden behind props.

but to answer your question I had the biggest young mans crush was on the American Olympic figure skater Peggy Fleming; the super model Cheryl Tiegs, and my present for last 20 years actress Holly Hunter( the girl next door- cute as a button ; e.g ‘Broadcast News’ and ‘Always’ films )

Thea
      Lady

Definitely wanted to be her: the hair in particular and the confidence! My other crushes were ballet dancers: and even then I knew I wanted to be them: to move like they did (and have hair like they did): even though that was even more confusing for me then than it is now! Great fun and interesting looking back: thank you!

Thea

RIP Kirstie Alley.

At the moment I absolutely love Dua Lipa. British singer.
      Talented singer, songwriter, lots of number ones.
      Great dancer.
      Always seems so happy and positive.

Tall athletic stunning body

great fashion sense, always stylish whether on stage or in the street, love modern fashions.

I know she will have lots of ‘people’ make up artists, hairstylists, advisors and fashion houses falling over themselves to get her to wear their brands but she would look good in anything.

She may be a bit of a diva but I think I would be in her shoes. If you got it flaunt it.

B x

Hi Bianca,

I am going to look her up! Out of the loop on her and I do not want to use age as an excuse!

Look at videos of her songs like  like ‘Physical’, ‘Levitating’ and ‘Break my Heart’.
          she has a joie de vivre!

B x

Erika Henderson
      Duchess - Annual

This thread was the first I had heard of Kristie Alley’s passing, so sorry to hear the news. I was also a child of the 80s and she was definitely on my list of my 80s crushes! It was quite the time to live your teenage years! My list includes Lynda Carter from Wonder Woman, Catherine Bach from Dukes of Hazzard and Brianne Leary from CHiPs (The brunette female officer from season 2). As the 90s rolled in, I added Country singer Terri Clark to the list as well.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I wanted to be Daisy Duke. I wanted the short shorts, the legs in pantyhose, the heels and that hair. So I did my first out in public look as much like her as I could get.

Me too Patty. When younger she was my model and dressed like her

Daisy Duke, Yes! Great Choice over Boss Hogg

Patty Phose
          Duchess

Roscoe P Coletrane was a close 2nd.

Anonymous

1) WHAT!? You’re kidding me! Not the original Saavik!

2) I would want to be a part of Momoland (Korean all female Kpop group). Or maybe Olivia Wilde. As far as fashions go, no preference.

Yes, Olivia Wilde!  Olivia Wilde in the movie Tron. Those eyes!

Hi girls,

Well, that one is always an easy choice for me, the woman I’ve always though was one of the most beautiful, and always looks great in whatever she wears, and, who wouldn’t want to be her, is
      Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Lynda Jones
        Baroness - Annual

Lauren, I total agree, she was awesome in Chicago, and I would love to have her dress!!
        Lynda

Janet Woodham
        Duchess - Annual

Totally agree Lauren. You may not have seen her in the British series the Darling Buds of May where she is in 1940s and 50s outfits, especially dresses. That would be my ideal.

Yes, Catherine Zeta Jones to my list!

There is no way I could pick only one. So many good choices and so many truly beautiful women. I did always love Christy  Brinkley though.

Yes, Christy Brinkley! Great add!
        I am adding her to my list of My Crush/My Fashion Idol

Hi Rachel my favourite is Doris Day, seeing her in Calamity Jane when she is wearing those buckskins at the end of the film she looks so hot 🔥🔥🔥,

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Never any one person for me in particular, my “fashion idol” was anyone who looked sexy in romantic lingerie be it a model or an actress on TV/in a movie.

Like Elizabeth Taylor wearing that satin slip in ‘Butterfield Eight’

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

My early crushes were Diana Rigg when she played Emma Peal and Barbara Eden in I Dream of Jeannie.

Fiona – I agree Diana Rigg was a looker!

Rachel

Fiona Black
          Baroness - Annual

Especially when she wore that tight black leather jumpsuit!!!

Meredith
        Lady

I loved her in that leather jumpsuit!

How about two 1970’s TV cuties Marlo Thomas in That Girl,  and Mary Tyler Moore

Do you recall the episode of That Girl with Marlo Thomas, where her newspaper columnist boyfriend crossdressed to go under cover to do a story about women?  It was particularly funny, because he ran into her father as he was either coming or going, and his reaction was priceless.  I could only wish that something like that would happen to me, but I usually tune into reruns to see if I can see that one again.  I’ll search for a link to see if it’s out on YouTube.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Crushes: Patsy Anne Noble, Australian pop singer of the 60’s and 70’s. Had a signed photo of her on my bedroom wall. (Yes… I’m  THAT old)

Fashion Idol. Cos of my early fascination with period female gowns, Vivian Leigh as Scarlett O Hara, aka these days owning the replica gown”Scarlett O Caty”. Plus any one in any era that has done the full “Marie Antoinette” thing. Pompadour wig and gown with “wings” aka panniers

Caty

Meredith
      Lady

Meg Ryan.

I always loved Jacklyn Smith in Charlies Angels.  She was always so classy the way she dressed, and that voice of hers, very attractive.

Ginger from Gilligan’s Island and it might be a cartoon but Elsa from “Frozen” snow queen gown

Gwyneth
      Lady

I had many of the ladies mentioned here. I was a teenager through most of the 70’s, so all of those tickled all my fancies. But they all fall short of the one lady that died a little before that. On the timeline, I was 3 when she died in controversy. To this day!

Marilyn Monroe. To me no one comes close. If I could be anyone (mind you an alive 20something Marilyn), it would be her.

Gwyn

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

Mary Tyler Moor in the Dick Van Dyke Show

Anonymous

For me it was the actress Teri Garr. I loved her look, it was a mixture of inocent and sensual all at the same time. She dressed very casually feminine and didn’t wear a ton of makeup or jewelry, she was just naturally pretty and feminine and she always managed to look so put together and like the housewife I longed to be.

Hugs,

Holly

Gwyneth
        Lady

Her best line ever was in Young Frankenstein. The Dr looks at the huge rings on the castle doors and says, “What KNOCKERS!”. Her reply, “Thank you doctor!”

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?