Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Fine.  I shall volunteer to sound like a broken record and sacrifice myself on the alter of information.

I just want to again say I love the friends I’ve made here, and I’m one who likes to get to know my friends.  I guess I’m funny that way….

And the best, quickest method?  AHEM, that would be the profile page we all have and love.  Before tuning  me out, give it a moment’s thought.  You do not have to give a street address or exact time of birth you know, but I enjoy knowing if a friend lives across town or across country.  Even a clue would be appreciated!   I understand privacy and discomfort for some, but give what you can, please?  Pretty please??

Yes, it does make a difference.  I just want us to be one big happy family, that’s all.  FINE Lol!  Call me an idealist then, just dont hate me for asking. 🙂

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming  .

Stevie

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I think mine is somewhat specific. I for one, don’t hide that I in live in a small town in Southwestern Ontario, and spent the majority of my adult life in Toronto and Scarborough.

Amy

Anonymous

a Torontarian   🙂

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

a little info go’s a longway. More will always make friends 🙂   🌷

Hi Stevie,

Great points brought forward.  And a good reminder for new members.

One other consideration is many view the profile page when receiving a friendship request.  If the profile is blank someone may ignore the request.  We all love new friends and getting to know another here on CDH can be fun.

Alice

Anonymous

Ask away anytime   ill probably have a thought or opinion on most everything . cant chat too if you like

Sandi

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I agree with you Stevie. A little info goes a long way. The girls I’ve connected with made the effort to fill their profiles. We may or may not be friends.

I’ll sit on a friend request if a girl’s profile is empty and there’s no compelling circumstances. If there’s been no activity after a couple weeks I usually decline the request.

That said, once in a while I encounter a girl in crisis. She’s posted the gritty details in the forums, but her profile is empty. So besides checking her profile section, I have a look at her wall. I can get a feel for who she is from reading her posts. If she sends a friend request, I’m accepting. I might send her a friend request if I think I can help.

Finishing on a lighter note, have a look at a girl’s wall before tuning out. Some girls don’t like filling forms. But there might be a treasure trove of info on her wall.  You might find a friend in the making.

Emily

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Agree with that 100% Emily.  Have done the same.

Stevie

Hi Stevie,

Yes, I agree. Putting some info in the profile page really helps. Everyone needs to be comfortable with what they put there though.

Love, Stephanie ❤️

I totally agree.  I came to this site to find friends and share experiences and find support from others . After 60 years of trying to express my femininity I still need help.

Anonymous

Thanks Stevie

a good prompt. Where we live is not so important. We can be vague but characteristics certainly come through. I have made good friends here based on common interests, which is a good start. Perhaps we need to offer guidance to new comers?

any way all good

Averyl

Anonymous

Hey Stevie, I messaged you over a week ago and haven’t heard back, drop me a line.

Hi Stevie!

Got a friend request, went to profile, they were born 4 days after joining CDH…….. Some people have a bit of trouble with the technical end of filling out their profile. That’s fine, we all understand, but you are right, inquiring minds want to know…..

Like I want to know who is on the album cover on your profile picture?

Hugs

Autumn

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

That Stevie!!  (From her 1st album.)

[postquote quote=378075]

I should have known. I don’t think that I have seen that album cover before.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I’m in with the “no profile, (or at best very little), no friend” acceptance group.

I’ve been an “open book” for most of my life and most aspects of same. OK, even on CDH I wont go RIGHT into the “nitty grittys” but enough so that anyone who reads my profile, plus articles and photos would get a very good idea of just who is this Caty Ryan person.

“Do unto others” etc etc, (but not before they do it to you…LOL)

Caty

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi Stevie, I fully agree with you. What you’re asking is not idealist, it’s courtesy.  And in that vein, not long ago I started responding back to friend requests with either an acceptance if they have something in their Profile page that gives an indication that they are willing to share even a little bit and I include a message back thanking them for doing so.  Or if the Profile is mostly blank, I only message back thanking them for the request (without accepting) and suggesting that filling in even a little will encourage my acceptance.  My profile is pretty full but that’s because I’m getting older and there’s less chance of someone trying to hurt me, and I do understand the fear many of us have. At the same time, sharing, supporting each other, it becomes a two-way (and hopefully eventually a multi-lane) highway.

I filled out my profile page and put as much info as I could. I’m at that stage in my life I don’t care who knows about me. I don’t like living in the shadows, but that’s just me. I don’t mean everybody should do as I do, each girl out there needs to progress at their own rate. I’m not embarrassed or ashamed of who I am, I’m proud of who I am. In the beginning I felt the same as most of the other girls, scared & nervous. But with trepidation and my wife’s encouragement I took the first few baby steps, then bigger steps until I walk my own path now. BTW, on my profile the birth date show isn’t my actual birth date, it’s the day Jennifer was born ( after a few years of gestation).

Stevie65
      Lady

Hi I am Stevie!!! I thought of this from Stevie Nicks the singer…. anyways I am here in Alberta Canada just south of the Town of Vegreville. There ya have now!!! LOL I keep thinking about the song from Queen… I want to break free!!!…. anyways feel free to message me. Or just say hello howdy Hi or what ever is on your mind….

Hi Stevie Didnt realize i did not fill in a few blanks you can look now all that works are filled in so sorryLol

Stephanie

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

I am always disappointed, when I go to read a girl’s profile and find it blank.

I fully understand the necessity of privacy for many CDH members, but there is a way to compromise aka finding satisfactory middle ground.

Keep things in general.  I live in Marietta, Georgia.  If I was concerned about privacy, I would just list the closest big city, which is Atlanta.

Keep things in general, no specific names or details, but please fill out the profile honestly, so we can get to know each other.

I never press a girl for details of her life.  One of my greatest surprises?  A CD I knew for many years as just “Ashley.” was a high-profile attorney who often appeared as her male self in the media.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?