Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I headed over to Versona during my lunch break (in drab) with the intent on purchasing a skort that had caught my eye in an ad they had emailed to me. I was under dressing with satin panties and a lacy bralette. I carried my forms in a small shopping bag in case I wanted to try on anything else. I walked the store and eventually found the skort, I picked up an XL and a L and then continued shopping. I found a few more things I liked including the romper. For it I chose the XL for hopefully extra torso length. I met the SA and asked for a fitting room, she smiled said “of course love, right this way”. Some of the SA’s know me at this store but not this one. I went in, took off my boy clothes, dropped my forms in and began trying items on. The skort fit well, but the color was an off-white and just wasn’t as appealing as in the ad. I moved on to a top…too small. I then tried the jumper which had a back zipper. I got it on and zipped up and looked at myself. It was lovely on me, but a little loose. Yay smaller size! I went to take it off and I couldn’t reach the zipper! Damn! I tried and tried but no luck. There was no way to free myself without destroying the garment. So I waited until the SA made a pass through the dressing room and I cracked the door and asked for help. She did so gladly and while doing so complimented on my painted toes! I asked her if she could see if a large was available and she brought it back a few minutes later. This time the fit was better but I was careful to no zip it up all the way…..needless so say I am the proud owner of my first romper!

Here is a link to it should you be interested

https://www.shopversona.com/versona/fine-and-sandy-romper-93412

Billie Jean
      Duchess

Nice post Darcy. Quite a coincidence. I just ordered my first romper yesterday. Anxious to try it on. That’s great that you had the help from the SA. Your post encourages me to get out there and try on clothes at the store. So far everything I own are mail order or bought then tried on at home. Thank you!
      Hugs…Billie

Glad you liked the story of my outting. Trying on clothes is only nerve wracking the first time, once you get beyond that feeling it becomes a simple affair. I have only had one SA get terse with me.

Billie Jean
        Duchess

Hi Darcy. Just got my romper. Love it!  Just realized it will take a bit of  work to get it off for the potty!
        Did you get pics?  I’ll post mine as soon as I get a few minutes alone.
        Hugs…Billie

Leonara
      Ambassador

Thank you Darcy for providing the link .. the romper is very cute and I am very much interested in the Versona styles so I subscribed to their email.
      Thanks again… Leonara

I love their clothes! And usually dont have trouble finding things that fit there. Their prices are pretty awesome too. When they mark items down that are out of season you can find items for $10 or less and usually the leftover stock is the larger sizes.

Nancy
      Lady

Great find, and experience with the SA. A romper is something that is on my wish list. I’ve been watching at Goodwill, but haven’t seen anything that looked like it would fit me yet. I’m not familiar with Versona, doesn’t look like they have any stores in Iowa.

Back before Covid, I used to sneak things in to the changing rooms in Goodwill to try them on. They still have their dressing rooms closed now, and I haven’t had the nerve to try anything on in other stores or talk to sales associates for help. But, your story makes me really want to try.

Birel

My first romper was/is a Fashion Nova heather grey simple one. I wear it to bed so many times that it is starting to wear out! Definitely more rompers are in my future.

I like their “First Date” LBD, checks off some boxes for a CD. Collar, covered shoulders, gathered at the waist. I’m not sure it would work for me because I am tall. May I ask how tall you are Darcy?

– Robyn

I am 5’9″ 😉

Thank you Darcy. I’m tall with a fairly long torso. It might end up being a micro mini on me.

A little naive here. I live in the states and am not acquainted with the term ‘romper” Can someone tell me what it is?

Pretty much the same as a jumpsuit but with short (above knee length) legs and short sleeves.

-A.

Hi Darcy Thank you so much for Versona’s web site. OMG i love this store. I hope there is one by me . I did try on a romper but had a problem with length of upper portion. Nothing seemed to feel or look right on me. Without question they are a cute choice for an outfit. It pieces like that you need to try on first as you did. Online is certainly convenient but there is nothing like feeling we get when trying on in store.I am in heaven when i find something that actually fits and i can buy it that day. Lucky girl, sounds like you had a good after noon.

Luv Stephanie

Darcy,
      That romper is adorable! Nice choice. I loved your SA experience! Enjoy your new purchase!!

If I get the time and the courage I may snap a picture of it on me….it really is a cute outfit and comfy too. Oh and it has pockets!

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Liara

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?