• This topic has 28 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Syndee.
Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

What was your wife’s reaction when you first started shaving your legs? Had you come out to her about your crossdressing before? Or did you hint at it before she know about your crossdressing? Did you blame it on something like swimming or cycling?

For me, my wife for most of our 17 year marriage has known that I don’t like my body hair. I’ve never completely shaved my legs but shaved/naired my upper legs, thighs, rear and back. She’ll touch me at night in bed and be like “Oh your back is smooth, you shaved??” Not in a mean way but she’ll make comments about liking my masculine body hair, although many times she’ll make comments about my back hair getting long and making a grossed out face. I felt like if I shaved she’d question my masculinity but if I had long hair she’d be kinda turned off. This was definitely something embarrassing to bring up to her although we did eventually talk and she could understand how I felt about both of those statements. She then bought me Nair when I’d ask but I still made it seem like I wouldn’t go crazy. I felt like it’d never be something she’d welcome but also wouldn’t totally disapprove of.

So this past week or two, my wife had mentioned my dry legs and said to use lotion on them and I mentioned that I wouldn’t want to put lotion on them with my hairy legs. Keep in mind that with me almost 40 years old and wearing skinny jeans my leg hair has seemed to naturally thin out the last couple of years. Definitely not as dark or thick as it was 10 years ago. And my wife has noticed and never said that she disliked it thinning out. So a few days ago I was shaving my bald head, doing a little trimming in the groin area with a guard on. I decided to thin out my leg hair on most of my legs and even clean shaved in portions, afterwards applying lotion.

That night I was laying with my wife in bed before going to sleep talking as we do most nights. She reached over and grabbed my leg and was like “oh your legs are kind of stubbly in parts. Did you shave???” Sounded mean at first. She kind of caught herself after she repeated the question again and I was a little timid and embarrassed in answering, I replied “Well yeah I tried to thin my leg hair to put lotion on my legs like you suggested.” She then touched a little bit more and I told her that I clean shaved a few parts like my feet (something she’s known I’ve done before and not really ever had a problem with).

She then basically questioned a little bit more but not in a mean way. I told her that I didn’t want to embarrass her or the kids but since it was Winter I felt that it wouldn’t hurt to try and that I liked the way that they felt thinned out and even shaved in spots. She was pretty understanding and just said “I’m sorry if I embarrassed you by acting that way at first. I don’t want you to feel that way.” She then went on to tell me how she just didn’t want my prickly legs against her. I think that the impression that she had though is that this wouldn’treally go any further. We went to sleep not cuddled but as she was falling asleep (not sure if she heard) I tried to clear the air by telling her that to avoid having stubbly legs that I almost clean shaved them all that day and that I had thought about nairing them.

We woke up all cuddled up with our legs touching that morning. She reached down and felt my legs briefly. She didn’t bring it up but mentioned that she enjoyed sleeping next to me to keep warm. Then that morning as we were at church service, she lovingly leaned over put her arm on me and whispered in my ear “I love you so much” and then squeezed my thigh. She isn’t typically super affectionate and doesn’t like PDA so this really struck me, especially with the squeeze of my leg. Almost a slight signal about my shaven legs.

Sunday night I stayed up late working on a project for work, she asked if I minded her going to bed before me and that when I came to bed to cuddle with her to keep her warm. I told her I planned to take a shower before bed. That night I took a long shower and shaved my entire legs and got them super smooth. Put some lotion on them, let it soak in a bit then got in bed. I cuddled up next to her, our smooth legs entwined and it felt amazing! It was hard to sleep that night because I kept wanting to be awake to see if she noticed and what her reaction was. Several times in the night she would take her foot or shin and rub it up and down my smooth leg. Just like the panties, I thought “She knows right?” I mean I can tell with my foot rubbing her shin if her legs are stubbly, hairy or the like.

The next night she was away for a few hours with only our teenagers in the house, so I took a bath. I’m sure if my teens heard me drawing a bath they were shocked! I’ve seen my wife do this plenty of times but I got in soaked in the warm water, shaved any grown stubble down, put coconut oil and lotion on them afterwards. I wanted them to be perfectly smooth at night again to test out her thoughts or actions in the night.

I have to admit getting into bed scared me. This was now the fourth night getting into bed with partly or fully shaven legs. I was definitely wondering what she would do. We got into bed talked for a little bit. Our legs against each other, her moving her foot up my leg every so often feeling my smooth and moisturized legs. I surprisingly fell asleep talking to her. I woke up 45 minutes later. I think she had been asleep too but we both kind of stirred said a few things and readjusted our bodies. I lifted my leg up on a body pillow she has making sure that my knee and upper thigh were close to where her hand was resting. Within a few minutes she put her fingers on my knee, thigh and even shin, rubbing softly with her fingers for 20 or 30 seconds. Then she moved a little closer and said goodnight again. So I know she was awake and positive that she consciously felt my smooth legs with her fingers. The way she touched them almost felt like she liked or welcomed the smooth feel!

I sure hope I am reading all of her signals right and that hopefully this is something she enjoys the feel of! But again maybe this is another aspect of a DADT relationship. I have to admit that I am still scared to show off my ‘New’ Legs to my wife. Eek!

Any of you ladies have a similar experience with shaving your legs? It seems like many of you just came right out and boldly asked your wives but are there any here that took these baby steps with some confusing gray areas that I have had?

-Natalie

My wife knows I trim my hair but she hates it and hates April when I shave my legs smooth or my armpits which I only do if I am going to a multi day crossdressing event. When I dress at home she prefers I don’t shave my legs or arms, but she knows I trim the hair still to a shorter length and has commented can you not go so short next time, she is attracted to my manly features and says she doesn’t want me looking feminine in male mode so for me it is kind of a balancing to find a happy medium for when I dress I like to look as feminine as possible. I also love my wife and want her to be happy too as she accepts my crossdressing and supports by me not having to hide it when I do dress, but she wants to know when I do so there are no surprises. She has gone with me as April out in public 3 times. So there is some support, but then she says you wear way too much makeup and really look like a man when dressed( well sure I am a big man with a deep voice a, but I love to dress and feel pretty and or sexy) Lol I have it better than so many so it ebbs and flows.

Natalie –

I keep everything below the neck shaved.  Before I cam out to my wife (actually before I started dressing again) I kept my groin area shaved.  After a year of dressing I wanted to shave my legs so I mentioned it to my wife.  She gave a non-commital answer, so I shaved them.  It felt good feeling the smoothness of them and amazing when I out on stockings or pantyhose.  I let them grow out during sandal season as it is easier than having to worry about getting questioned (from the grandkids, kids, neighbors and friends) as to why they are shaved.  Unlike your wife mine doesn’t rub my legs but it would be nice if she did.

XOXO
      Suzanne

I started shaving my legs years before I came out to my wife but like you mentioned my leg hair was very light and already gone from most of my legs from wearing tight jeans and work pants. So one day I shaved them clean from top to bottom. She did notice and was a little raken back but in no time at all she was ok with it. When others noticed she would even defend me by saying oh he hardly has any leg hair. So now for years I keep them smooth 365 days a year. Since coming out to her I keep everything smooth , chest, legs arms underarms and of course my nother region. I use lotion daily after every shower and being a huge fan of pantyhose they feel amazing silky smooth when wearing them. I’m sure your wife will be ok with it in time hun. I’ve had many people notice and make comments about my smooth legs and I really don’t give a shit  what people think about it.

My wife does not like me to shave my legs.  She is ok with shaving my chest and she shaves my back for me which is nice.

my wife discovered that I shaved everywhere while dating. I’m quit hairy and one day she came over and it was all gone. She rubbed everywhere and asked why. I just said I liked how it felt. A few weeks later when I told her about my crossdressing she was like that makes more sense.  She isn’t a huge fan of  me being hairless but her words were you shave what u want and I’ll shave what I want.

I came out to my wife before she was my wife.

I started shaving my legs when I was 17.

J J
      Lady

I have been shaving my legs for well over 30 years… most of our marriage. I actually did it because I was racing bicycles at the time, and my dressing was still just occasional panties and a bra, which my wife has always been aware of.

For those who haven’t shaved their legs, I highly recommend it. The tactile sensation is amazing, especially when you first do it. The sensation of pulling up thigh high stockings on freshly shaved legs is about as good as it gets. My wife has always been fine with me shaving and though I stopped for a short time after I crashed in a race and broke my collar bone, I soon went back to shaving even when not racing. I asked my wife if she preferred me shaved or not, since, frankly shaving is a PITA and she opted for shaved. I have since kept my chest and arms hairless, and just recently stated removing underarm hair. Personally I think it looks way better, and much, much less body odour as well.

I live in southern California, so I wear shorts near 360 days a year so my shaved legs are always on display and it has never been an issue. In all those years only three or four people has asked or commented.

Anonymous
      Lady

I began shaving my legs years ago and I just decided to do it one day and that was that. The wife saw but I never had much hair there so it was no big deal to her. Nylon stockings and pantyhose feel so wonderful!

Wife doesn’t like my chest shaved smooth so I clip it close. I’m going to shave it smooth to glue some forms on when I have the opportunity in about a month. Will be fun!

Since I first shaved my legs I’ve progressed to clipping my crotch, and forearms leaving the hair about a quarter inch long. Shaving my armpits smooth was the last thing to do. I just have to remember not to raise my arms and show my pits around certain people. Shaving is a chore and I don’t do it every day but at least once a week.

Syndee
        Lady

Michelle,

Reading this is like reading my own life. I started shaving my legs about 7 or 8 years ago. At first my wife was not a big fan of it and I had to take late night showers so that I could shave them. When I got my first set of forms I used Nair to take all the hair off my chest so that the forms wouldn’t pull my hair out. One day I got dressed up in a cute little summer dress and my wife looked at me and said “you need to shave your arm pits if you are going to wear dresses like that.” The next day I took out the Nair and removed all the hair from my arm pits. I always use Nair for the initial removal of the hair and then shave from then on. Just today, the wife and I had to go to a friends baby shower and I was sitting in the tub shaving my legs, my wife walked in and watched me for a minute and said “you are such a girl” to which I replied “thank you.” I love that my wife is so supportive of me and that we can joke around like we do.

Anonymous

One more night of sleeping and her touching my legs with her hands and feet. It’s also been two days since I shaved so there’s a little soft stubbles. The family will be away for a couple hours early this evening where I will get to take a bath again (just saying that feels so girly!) and I will get to shave them smooth and oil them up.

My wife and I have been going to bed late this week and we haven’t been intimate. I am hoping tonight that changes and she gets the chance to feel and possibly see my legs (hopefully in the dark just a bit) and hopefully this whole topic will be out in the open.

Or who knows maybe we are intimate and she doesn’t say anything. Either way, I think I will have my answer. (ie. She knows and doesn’t want to talk about it OR She knows and we will talk about it and if it’s something she enjoys or not)

Wish my luck ladies!

-Natalie

I wish you the power of “Lady Luck” you clearly have some feminine desires you want to experience  and express. Your wife has some inclination in my view I hope you have the opportunity which I believe you do as you comment how you both communicate each night, you need and I believe want to express some of your thoughts, feelings and desires to your wife, but are hesitant in what if I get the bad result. You can slowly take a some more small steps, but you clearly love your wife and she does love you, I hope you both find the moment and time to have the intimate conversations that you desire to have. I truly wish you and your wife the best. You are who you are and can’t help how you feel inside. Best of luck “Lady Luck” with your sweetheart.

Anonymous

Thank You April!

J J
        Lady

If she does comment, take the oppurtunity to tell how good it feels when she caresses your smooth legs. Be sure to return the gesture and if things get intimate, go the extra steps to really please her. My wife knows how much I enjoy it, because I tell her, and I really make sure she enjoys it as well…win/win.

Anonymous

Thank You JJ! Fortunately my wife has always been very appreciative and vocal to me about how ‘giving’ I am in that department. Sometimes to the point that she feels some of her shortcomings when she desires it less. I feel that this week I’ve been very patient and sensitive to her body pains or other issues that keep her from initiating intimacy to the point where she has felt bad. But I just get in bed every night and cuddle her and feel our legs together almost giving me another emotional and physical sense of intimacy. Hopefully she sees it like that and as a gift she can give me and really lean into this change!

-Natalie

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Natalie,

Although I am a relative newbie to cross dressing, I have hated my body hair from the day it sprouted. I have done various trimming, and shaving over the years. I just decided to try shaving my legs completely one winter day around 20 years ago. It didn’t go over too well. My wife thought it was “ too much!” I stepped it back a bit, and went with baby steps, and now shave them completely every day all winter. Years of work pants did thin the hair too. I only let the hair on my shins grow for shorts season. It’s gotten finer and gets blonde from being in the sun, so it doesn’t contrast much with my shaved knees, and thighs. It does seem to keep people from asking me uncomfortable questions during the summer though.
      I love my friends, but most of them are conservative, and just wouldn’t get it.
      I think your wife is on the way to becoming okay with it. It took mine a while, but she has  stroked my shaven, moisturized legs several times. That feels priceless!

💕Lara

Anonymous

I hope you are right Lara!

We keep the heat down at night when we sleep. Last night I came to bed a bit after her and my body was cold as I got in bed. She almost immediately snuggled right up to me and said, “Let me warm you up!” wrapping her legs and feet around me. She put her hand on my lower back that was freezing and even tugged on my panties to playfully pull me closer back into the ‘little spoon’ position. It felt amazing. I am already looking forward to laying again tonight and seeing what she does!

-Natalie

Lara Muir
          Baroness - Annual

What an awesome welcome to bed! It really does sound like you are on your way to having your shaved legs accepted! I’m happy for you!😄

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Lara Muir. Reason: Spelling

LOL I think the skinny jeans would make masculinity more questions than shaving your legs!

Anonymous

I’ve always had skinny legs and could hardly find any jeans growing up that didn’t look baggy on me. Just by luck as I was in college, skinny jeans began to be offered for guys. They are not skin tight like jeggings or anything and my wife liked me in skinny jeans and I definitely liked that they sat closer to my skin. I’ve worn skinny jeans for 15 years or so and it’s never caused my wife to think I was feminine although she new about my desired panty wearing etc.

I think this more comes down to personal preference when it comes to body hair on their partners.

I’ve always been completely hairless bodywise… I literally can’t even get to “stubbly” feel… it just doesn’t happen. All my life, my partners have always commented how much they love my smooth skin. But, it’s naturally that way, and that’s the way it is when they first meet me, so whether they have a preference for body hair or not I have no idea really, but they do always comment the same thing… I love how smooth you are.

Anonymous

You are a very lucky lady!

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Similar experience here.. pretty well the same way I started shaving but with one different I started slowly in fall a few years back with my back and such but never my legs. Then came winter and one night showering I decided just to do it,  totally. Hearing stories of others and the sensational feelings of smooth legs I couldn’t resist. My wife already knew about my dressing and intentions to explore more (with her discretions though) but I jumped the gun and did it. She was very surprised but not upsetting and did like it being so smooth. But she’s always said she still likes her hairy hubby to a point and does miss my facial.

Her concerns were when spring arrives and shorts start coming back what will I do?,good question. Spring arrived and after a few months enjoying such a wonderful feeling of soft silky legs ESPECIALLY!!!! In nylons,,, I decided the hell with it,  this is certainly a change I’ll make.. And surprisingly no one ever said a thing.  Maybe growing my hair out and shaving my mustache to which I had since face hair started… didn’t make this new wave any notoriety. As I shave all the time I’m skipping a day or two now as my hair is slowly thinning but after a period it is quite rough and  Stubbly.. my wife hates it and stays away when intimate so shaving she’s likes.  when I’m rough mentioned it when cuddling.. she’s knows something is up when I’m totally shaved,  arms and pits basically all.  It’s going to be Stephanie time coming or our quiet times together ❤️ LOL…

She doesn’t mind as now she’s not buying as much in moisturizing products as she’s used to and is constantly using mine.. I have lotions all over the house.. not complaining at all..

When you start its hard not too..

Stephanie 🌷 🌷

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for sharing your story and I’m glad that further down it seems you seem to have reached a resolution. There is definitely a balance we have between our desires and pushing the boundaries. My wife doesn’t like stubble either. It’s either totally smooth or longer than the porcupine stubble. My boundaries are clear in other areas. I love putting on women’s perfume when dressing and she doesn’t like smelling it on me. I do that when she’s away, wash off or use the boys one. Hope that helps.

XOXO

Karensa

Anonymous

UPDATE:

Well Ladies, just wanted to hop on to give an update to anyone that’s been following my story at all. Probably won’t be active on here as much in the coming weeks/months…

Last night it all came to a head without the results I had been looking for. My wife and I had a good night hanging out on the couch talking after the kids went to bed. Later as we were getting ready for bed she was wearing some silky panties I had just bought her last week. My wife just happened to say “I had a terrible dream last night that I caught you wearing a pair of these new underwear.” I knew right there the evening’s tone was going to shift from what I hoping it would be. Plus now I am 100% positive that she FOR SURE, didn’t know about my only wearing panties for a 7 months due to additional conversations we had listed below. I know it seems unbelievable!

I apologized about the bad dream, we got in bed and I went to cuddle with her as we talk and she was like “Oh you’re still kinda of spikey on your legs.” I responded with, “well it’s still pretty smooth, you seemed to like rubbing my legs with your feet and hands these last few nights as we slept.”  She said, “I know that’s what you wanted and something you excited you so I was just trying to be nice.” I eventually said something about clean shaving my entire legs and she was like “What??? You did that?? I thought you just used the electric trimmers.” I kind of laughed and said, “You thought that that the electric trimmers would get them this smooth?” She reached down to finally feel my legs a bit and then just complained about how girly they felt and how that she didn’t want a girly guy.

I TOTALLY get where she is coming from. I wouldn’t want a masculine wife. And I voiced that, but I also told her that I had just wondered what it would feel like to have our legs rub together in the night without pulling my hair and the like. I told her that I wished she trusted me to not want to embarrass her and planned on growing it back out in the coming month or so. She said it just reminded her of all the time she’s caught me wearing her underwear and how its such a huge turnoff. How I’ve scarred her with things in the past.

I mentioned the fact that she wears some of my guy things, even out in public and that what I was doing was just a private thing that only she knew and that it seemed like a total double standard to act like I am so weird for liking things that she sees as feminine. She acted like because I was a guy and it wasn’t normal for guys to want to wear silky things or have silky legs that I should just change and stop thinking like that. I explained that my ‘feeling’ sense was not going to change and that it would ALWAYS be something that I would like and want to feel. Similar to how people like the taste of chocolate or whatever and that I shouldn’t be punished for growing up liking the feel of feminine things. I told her that I had a longing to want to feel desired; that I wanted to have her feel for me the way I feel for her… to which she interrupted got upset and quietly yelled “So don’t shave your legs!”

We went to bed after that not touching. I couldn’t sleep much of the night. Woke up early to start work. She came to my home office a couple hours later and apologized but I reiterated that I can try all I want to keep outwardly doing or rather NOT DOING the things that she wants but it doesn’t mean that my desire or inward feelings will go away. She kind of relented and said “Ok, I want things to get better” without any mention as to how that is going to happen. As of right now or EVER I do not see that involving me wearing panties or shaving my legs around her.

So I’ve taken all my panties out of the drawer to hide away, put men’s briefs back on for the first time in 7 months, and am planning on growing my leg hair back starting now…

Thanks for the support and listening to me ramble (even if it only lasted one short exciting week for me to express a small hint of femininity).

-Natalie

Natalie I am sorry it did not work out the way you had hoped, dreamed and desired it too. Her reaction is normal for most women in my opinion I would like to shave mine, but my wife will only tolerate a couple of times a year preferably one time or none. As crossdressers our desires sometimes cloud our reality in objectively seeing how things will ultimately be; we find out truly when we talk about it directly with our spouse and sometimes even when we try things and let her see whether in person or a picture and her acceptance level many times will change. I believe they try, but it does nothing for so many some are repulsed, some are out of sight out of mind, some are neutral some dabble a little some are ok with it. Just like we all have varying degrees of dressing or presentation few times a year,monthly, weekly, daily, in private in public how much we express and the many variations and levels. Women all have the same in their responses, acceptance, tolerance or neutrality and many have personal preferences. I do believe that as a whole they accept us more than we would them if they dressed as masculine men and wanted to present that way in public or daily at home at want us to make love to them for some it works for others it does not. Our whole dynamic is unique and we all have to find our personal zone we’re we are comfortable and happy and then our happy medium together, and then be ready for the goal posts to move so to speak. Don’t give up, but don’t push however you are who you are and this is a part of you so you will need to discuss it again to find out where you and your wife both stand, maybe it is DADT who knows only you know in time and if you love your wife and she does you, you will find something  that will work it won’t be perfect and what you want completely, you have to compromise, some people they have it. I find I would like a little more to be honest but I have so much more than others and I love my wife. I truly and sincerely wish you the best on your path and with your wife as in your sharing you both have great love for one another.

Hugs April

May have to slow down for a bit but stay here on CDH we understand and care about you.

Lara Muir
        Baroness - Annual

Sorry to hear that things didn’t go the way you had hoped. Don’t give up though. Maybe just back off for a while.
        I hope you can find your way together to a place you can both agree with!

Hugs, Lara

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I began shaving my legs when I was 17, because when I went out femme wearing pantyhose, my legs looked strange with hair crushed under the pantyhose. So, off came the leg hair and my legs looked and felt incredible in pantyhose.

When I met my wife, I was 20 and had been dressing and going out a lot the past three years. She never saw hair on my legs.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?