• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

A Couple

A couple of months ago I reached out to a professional Make-up artist and when she got back to me we set up an appointment after telling her about who I was. When the day came around to see her I shaved just before leaving the house and  gathered all of my makeup and brushes as she  requested so she could see what I had been using. I was so nervous but the closer I got to her studio the calmer I became. After a few minutes chatting together you would have thought we had known each other for a long time, I had found a gem of a lady for sure. We spent the next three hours talking and doing makeup. I found out that she was a makeup artist in L.A. and did makeup for actors in movies and tv and had been doing this for many years. I learned more from her in  three hours than I had learned in my life. She filled in the missing pieces of applying makeup that I just didn’t get before. It was so good to have the why, what and when of makeup finally make sense to me. I just had so much trouble with my makeup before that I just did the minimum to get by and was very hard on myself if I didn’t get it perfect. Before leaving she helped me order some new brushes and makeup, and some skin care products that were better than what I had been using. I wasn’t able to get another appointment with her before she had to go back to L.A. to work and won’t return until September. I have been honing my skills so to speak, it is not about trying to pass it’s about feeling better about myself and how I look even when I’m at home or just visiting a friend when dressed. I look forward to my next visit with her. I highly recommend getting a lesson or two if you struggle with your makeup like I did, it has changed how I apply my makeup and how I feel about myself. I also found a new friend  in the process. 

a

Anonymous

I’m looking forward to a future chance to experience a makeover.  Being in the closet gives me few opportunities.

Hi Raquel, It might be  good to look around for someone in a town or two away from you so you don’t have to worry about someone outing you. You might be able to do a little shopping after a makeover, then it also will give you some time to undue your pretty makeup before arriving back home. Good luck! Coral

Anonymous

Thanks, Carol, but then I’d have to make up (pardon the pun) an excuse to visit said town.

However, my wife, who is unaware of my crossdressing, recently went shopping with a friend and was telling me about a cosmetics sales associate at Belk who was helping her and her friend.

What she didn’t realize was, she was actually giving me vital information which I could use at a later date.

So, anyway, while out running errands recently, I swung by Belk and and approached the only male working in cosmetics, so I was pretty this is the same guy my wife had told me about.

I walked up to the counter and waited for him to finish serving another customer.  He asked if he could help me.  I asked if he did makeovers.  He replied yes.  I asked if he did them for MTF transformations, a term, which surprisingly, he didn’t recognize.  Well, he said, yes, after I explained.  I asked if he did them in private.  He said yes.  So, I got his card.  It might be a week or two.  It might be a month or two.  I just have to wait for the perfect opportunity.   But I believe I have now found my MUA.

It was exhilarating just speaking with him about the possibility.

Looking forward to it.

Much love,

Raquel

Hi Coral what a wonderful experience for you.  I am going next month for some advanced lessons. My fiancée really helped me now I want to see what a pro can do.  Enjoy it all.

Susan

Anonymous
      Duchess

Hi Coral, I am getting very frustrated with my makeup. As though I hit a plateau. Was she difficult to find? Feeling I am unnecessarily worried about being rejected.

Hi Jocelyn, I don’t think she was hard to find, and she was very nice when she replied to my call when the other two people were rude to me. She made me comfortable from the start. I also worried about how I would be received, but it was something I wanted so I had to go for it. I was happy I connected with her. She is in Chico and I have asked if she would be interested in helping another sister who visits from out of town and she was cool with that. I’m sure there is someone close to your location that serves our community, you just have to look around. I think you will be surprised. Most makeup people don’t mind who they do makeup for as long as they are making money at what they love to do. So look around and good luck, Coral

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Nothing like a good pro “MUA” to make us girls look our best.I have been fortunate enough to become friends with two lovely “MUA”s and have done quite a few makeovers with each of them. A browse of my “public’s” here on CDH will reveal the times I had a professional do my make up and when I did my own. Yes I can do my own well enough, but the difference between  my efforts and those of my “pro” friends is very very obvious.

I also strongly contend that sitting back having your make up done by a “GG” is one of the most feminine and relaxing things, “people like us” can experience.

A less than good job can ruin your night. EG When I got glammed up in my evening gown to attend the 2014 Seahorse Ball in Sydney, the MUA was barely better than I could do myself.

Plus I have to convey the time I spent at Walk on the Wildside in Toronto… You are laid back in a barber’s chair.!!!….

Caty.

Hi Caty, I agree, it was a great experience, and I can’t wait until our next session. It is a lot of fun also. Coral

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?