Tagged: 

• This topic has 22 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have been building a wardrobe  with a lot of online purchases. I have chosen a lot of free return purchases and have taken advantage of that. About half of the stuff I have been buying has been going back. I have been choosing credit vs a refund so I can keep shopping as well.

Today has been amazing. I had $33 of returns from Shein today and they told me to keep the items and gave me a generous coupon on top of it. So, that’s credit that I will definitely use.

Then, I was going to return a $13 skirt from Amazon and they told me not to return it either. So, $46 of merch that I can keep and spend the &46 on more stuff.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Why doesn’t that ever happen when I buy clothes?  It’s happened a few times with boring widgets but never anything I’m excited to buy.  Not familiar with Shein?

You should DEFINITELY check out Shein. Cindy Lou recommend it to me and it’s been fabulous! The sizing information is superb and they offer free returns.

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

OMG I’m looking at their homepage right now.  Already see things I want….a lot!  Thanks Mika!

Shein has a wide range of items too. Some of them are dirt cheap and you can get a lot of stuff really cheap. The $5 stuff will be thin material, as expected. But some of that cheap stuff will work just fine for summer outfits,

Hi Mika,

I have bought many things from Shein and I have always been satisfied.

some of it isn’t the highest quality but you expect that for the price.

Dang girl that is a lucky day.

good for you.

Patty

I have returned quite a few things. Mostly because they just don’t flatter my body type. Some things have been too big as I have been figuring out my sizes and losing weight. One item was defective and another was misrepresented in the pictures. But overall, I am extremely satisfied with Shein.

Anonymous

Mika

I’m looking too….

getting ” credit card itch” already!!!

Thanks for the tip!!!….or not, haha…

…Already thought of a website headline for them….

“Once She-in, she spend”!!!?

Huggs, grace xc

Anonymous

Scratch that itch Grace, it’s a shopping ploy.

Congratulations Mika enjoy your goodies.

It’s so addictive. I have been spending a lot of time there because there is just so much stuff. As Cindy Lou mentioned, the quality varies widely. An $8 dress with have the quality of an $8 dress. But if it’s really cute, for only $8, why not? Scratch that itch, honey!

Anonymous

Mika…

You do have an eye for a bargain…proud of you honey xx

I wish we had the same level of customer service here in Canada as you do in the US, sadly we do not. The best quickest purchasing advice I can give new Shein shoppers is to avoid the stuff that is really inexpensive, unless its on sale. In terms of Canadian dollars if I buy a dress with a regular price of $15 or less I’ll usually get something thats worth what I paid, but the more yopu spend the higher the chance of getting a steal. The silver dress I posted in one of my photos was $25 down from $35, that seems to be a sweet spot.

I’m satisfied with the really cheap stuff too. The material is very thin but that just means that I can wear them when it starts getting warm out even if it’s a long sleeve. I’m wearing a dress right now that only cost $8.80. But it’s so cute! Picture coming as soon as the moderator accepts it.

I have bought some of the higher priced ones that were on sale. Those are my favorites and the quality is noticeably better.

I’m a little surprised that they only do free returns in the US. It really has made the process streamlined and pain free.

Originally $16 and I got it for $8.80

Thats a cute dress, maybe you should try a belt with it to give it more shape, personally I would go with sheer white hose.

Actually, I thought about a belt after I took the picture too. It does help a lot! Plus, if I wear some shapewear and then put on the belt, it would make an even bigger difference. I haven’t bought any sheer hose because I want to hide my leg tattoos. But I did buy some fleece lined sheers that have nude colored fleece to give the appearance of sheers. They are good to wear below 50 degrees. However, since purchasing those, I have decided to be out. So, I’m reconsidering the whole sheers thing.

Anonymous

Agree a belt would set it of and white tights too. What about a pair of stripped over the knee socks.

Anonymous

Hi Mika,

That’s nice to know. I use Shein in the UK, maybe the next time I use them I could try it on ? No, that would be very naughty!

Perhaps they’ve identified you as a good customer who they don’t want to lose.

I usually can’t be bothered returning, but I don’t get it badly wrong too many times. I did need to ask for a refund on some black satin bottoms via Amazon recently, and the chinese supplier couldn’t have been nicer. They refunded me, and said to not bother returning, leaving me with a slightly imperfect product, which is now my favourite bedroom wear.

Bonus. I had some Chinese shoes that I probably should have done the same thing with. I just let it slide because the return shipping would have eaten so much of the cost. Oh well.

Anonymous

Mika……

I forgot to mention, what with all your bargains and the excitement…you said you were building a wardrobe???….my goodness, She-in don’t supply wood as well do they???…we have a chain in England called B &Q………..they have lots of different hinges and knobs ( for doors, not tucking)…but I’m not sure if they ship abroad…..

Smiles honey, grace xx

[postquote quote=426666]
      Hi Grace,

Happy shopping!  Hope you find a few bargains on sale.

Alice

Lucky, indeed. I got to keep a dark green mini skater skirt that was just a little big in the waist but still snug enough that it won’t slip down, a PU leather peplum jacket that was fine except that I thought it looked a little big where it flared out, and an oversized shirt that I’m gonna toss out. But the shirt came with a fabric belt that I’m gonna keep for multiple other dresses that I have.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?