Tagged: 

Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello ladies!
      My music library is quite diverse.
      When I started listening to radio at the end of the 70s there were three main themes: Australian rock such as Cold Chisel or The Angels, UK rock in all its forms, and American New Wave such as Talking Heads or Blondie.

As I grew up through the 80s I embraced New Romantic, Post Punk, and New Wave. On top of that lots of Aussie and NZ bands who started in the 70s became better in the 80s such as Cold Chisel, Split Enz, and Dragon.

I have gone on to enjoy Trance and House music as well. My younger brother played it often in the back room and I eventually tagged along.

I also enjoy Jazz and Swing music, Big Band in particular.

My all-time favourite artist is Duran Duran. My favourite song is their theme for James Bond’s A View to A Kill. My favourite albums are 1982’s Rio and 2011’s All You Need Is Now. I’m also looking forward to their new album which will be available in October.

So… that’s my music library. Hoped you enjoyed it.

Love and hugs, Stephanie 💖

Hi Stephanie,

Your Music library is quite extensive as are your music interests.  I started listening to AM radio in the mid to late 60’s.  Found FM a few yesrd later.  Bought my first turntable in 1968  and My first lp was The Beatles Sgt. Pepper’s album.  The vinyl collection grew after that covering pop, rock, r&b, jazz and other genres.

Alice

Thanks Alice! Great first album purchase. I like the last two Beatles albums, Let It Be especially. I’m a huge Wings fan too.
        Love, Stephanie 💖

I’m a DJ so comparing my library is unfair. I haven’t taken inventory for awhile but I know I have over 2000 artists. Not entire albums but selected singles. I do have a lot of greatest hits albums. My genre’s extend from 1929 (Greatest of Early Big Bands) through WWII big band, 50’s crooners and jazz, 60’s early rock and roll, 70’s rock, 80’s hair bands. You get the idea, up all the way to the latest dub step with side branches to disco, acid rock, heavy metal, punk, girl bands, electronic. Then there’s country. From classic 40’s cowboys to cry in your beer 50’s and 60’s to new country (they label it “new country” every 10 years. It’s now more reminiscent of 60’s rock and roll.) Other collections include Classical (my favorites Bach, Beethoven, Mozart and Ravel), Broadway and movie music, with a branch into every song that has been in a Disney cartoon or movie (it’s a lot! Did that for a theme party).

I lost count how many titles I have. I know it’s over 6000. I can’t even keep track of it all. I have two laptops, so I can search for a song on one while playing on the other. Plus four memory sticks that carry everything as backup.

And with all that music I still get stumped by requests for something I don’t have. DJ’s are supposed to know everything and have everything.

🎶🎵🎼

Beth

My library is extensive to say the least. I like to say Punk to Funk. I’ve been collecting for 45 yrs. Over the yrs I have thinned it out. Currently I have left about 2K LPs, about 4k 45’s and 3k CD’s. Not including about 1K items in my Blondie collection (45’s, 12 inchers and LPs), 1k+ in my Stiff collection that is mostly 45’s and about 500 Rolling Stones records. Over the past decade I have focused on album awards, autographs and original artwork. When people come over their jaw drops. All my walls are covered in artwork, autographs and awards, except the bedroom and bathroom. I keep that feminine. Yup, I’ve got it bad.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

BTW. If any of you are wondering if something you have might be worth anything, contact me. I will try and give you an honest evaluation. There are many variables in what makes an item valuable.

Anonymous

Hello Stephanie…

Pass chez grace most evenings and you could hear just about any type of music. I love almost anything….except Rap ( the C is silent 😂 ).

I find it really difficult to pick favourites because for me it’s a mood thing…i could have played Queen yesterday, Dusty Springfield today and Pink Floyd tomorrow, depending on how I feel at the time.

Grace x

Thanks Grace!
        I totally understand. There’s always something to listen to no matter what mood you’re in.
        I’m not a rap fan either. A few exceptions though, including The Wham Rap, and Blondie’s Rapture.
        Love, Stephanie 💖

Anonymous

🎶And then you’re in the man from Mars

You go out at night eatin’ cars

You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too, Mercurys and Subaru🎶

….love EVERYTHING Blondie xx

Love it Grace!
            Heart of Glass is my favourite Blondie song. I remember the video clip. Deborah Harry looked awesome!
            Love, Stephanie 🎶🎶💖

Oh shephanie you found my weakness while i don’t have the collection like you for years I used to play blues harmonica in a few bands.Started in the late 70’s up to the early 90’s.The music that was on stage with us was magic.Seeing your post of all the type’s that you have brought back a lot of great memories. Thank you so much

More than welcome Debra!
        Must have been a lot of fun playing in a band. I played drums in a couple of churches.
        Love and hugs, Stephanie 💖

Anonymous

Being a child of the 60’s I will sprout the usual “If I like it I’ll buy it”

So grew up with Dad’s Jim Reeves, Mum’s Neil Diamond, Step Sister’s Cliff Richards and Step Brother A into Prog rock and Step Brother M Into Quo.

Beatles were a staple at first, Then Gary Glitter and Glam Rock happened (Still love Susie Q)

Queen entered my life with Bohemian Rhapsody and I was hooked on them, but my biggest turn around came with Tubeway Army and “Are friends Electric” and that smashed the gates in and New Romantics entered along with their make up and shiny clothes.

One New Years Eve we were watching Jules Holland and a group called Kaiser Chiefs…Immediately bought that album.

Then after many months of taking the wee wee out of a female colleague I suddenly started liking Take That.

There are lots of other groups and Individual artists as well but far too many to mention.

Needless to say I love music.

Wilma x

Geraldine Mac
        Baroness - Annual

Wilma, Tubeway Army with Gary Numan brings back memories. I remember buying a couple of cassettes at a Hemel Hempstead weekend market in the late 80s. Then I discovered Hazel O’Connor from a girlfriend, and a gay friend got me into Erasure and Depeche Mode. Still love them all. Zsazsa

Anonymous

Zsazsa

Iconic music which brings back a lot of fond memories.

Sadly never went to any concerts but the music still lingers in the memory.

Hugs

Wilma x

I have been a die hard audiophile since I picked out and bought my first LP.  Most of you UK girls will know it, I imagine.  I don’t remember what year, but my sis took me to see the movie “Catch Us If You Can” from the Dave Clark Five.  I found that soundtrack soon after, and used my allowance to buy it, all of about $4.00 US I think.

My collection has grown exponentially since then, and runs the gamut from ABBA to ZZ Top, with a lot of side  branches along the way.  Most John Denver is there, some Charlie Daniel’s, Johnny Cash and other country, plus some New Wave and Alt Rock, and even some classical, Irish Folk, way too many types to list.  There is NO Rap or hip hop, and I’m not too fond of Death Metal and music that sounds like it hurts to perform.

The numbers of LP’S, cassettes and CD’s probably hits 200 to 300 of each.  And there is 9 days of music on my computer media files.  The Ipod in my car is full at 928 songs, also.

I have music playing nearly all day, every day, definitely more than the TV is even turned on, which is usually a concert DVD playing through my stereo.

My music is my largest collection of things I like and has helped me cope with a lot of things that made life not so easy.  It makes want to dance, sing (which noone should hear but me), and it can even put some tears in my eyes at times too.  I do believe that the ability to make music is what sets man above so mu h else on this planet.  Whale songs and bird whistling is wonderful to hear, but the ability to make music sets us apart.

PaulaF

Thanks Paula for sharing this. I have also used music when life got really rough. Music is certainly a great creative gift and should be enjoyed and celebrated.
        Love, Stephanie 🔊🎶💖

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Stephanie, nice library you have there!  One thing I have always thought is that music brings us all together, regardless of the genre you may like.  My roots are entrenched in the “classic” rock of the 70’s, but I love just about everything.  Jazz and the Blues to Rock and Folk.  I may listen to Diana Krall and Elton John one day and Roger Waters and Peter Gabriel the next.  Carly Simon and Gordon Lightfoot followed by Mozart or Bach – I do love classical music, it is so calming for me.   Cultural music such as Indian or Turkish too…. I love it all.  Well, except for hard rap, I cannot handle that stuff.  I still have my 1982 JVC amplifier and tuner, in good working order 😎.   I will say I love my vinyl and would rather spin a disc than download music – it brings me back to a happy place.

And another thing, I love soundtracks!  Still have my 44 year old original  Star Wars album.

Stevie 🙂

Thanks Stevie!
        Music does bring us together!
        I like soundtracks too. My favourite is Flashdance, but Star Wars is really cool!
        Had not considered Indian or Turkish music either.
        Love your music Stevie!
        Stephanie 💖🎶🔊

Where to begin? To start off, I don’t believe in genres, though in reality my love affair with the electric guitar has likely shaped my choices a bit. That said, in no particular order:

Wendy Carlos
      Ben Folds Five
      Vigilantes of Love
      Morphine
      Bob Dylan
      TV on the Radio
      The Afghan Whigs
      Radiohead
      Muse
      Silversun Pickups
      Tori Amos
      The Matches
      The Used
      The Anniversary
      The Rentals
      Soundgarden
      The Postal Service
      Poni Hoax
      Miles Davis
      Billy Cobham
      The Mars Volta
      Metric
      Plumb
      And of course various self-referential bands that won’t mean much to the world at large. Honorable mentions:
      Shadrach
      The Other Leading Brand
      Divine Crush

This is by no means an all-inclusive list: my musical philosophy is borrowed from Pokemon after all. 😉

I don’t have preferences on songs. There’s always too many to choose just 1 (or even choose a top-10). But as for what musical artists I tend to listen to most…

TFK (Thousand Foot Krutch)
      Shinedown
      Savage Garden
      CORPSE (YouTuber Corpse_Husband’s music name)
      Bon Jovi
      Linkin Park
      Enrique Iglesias
      Skillet
      FFDP (Five Finger Death Punch)
      Three Days Grace
      Limp Bizkit
      Simple Plan
      Paramore
      P!NK
      Disturbed
      Darren Hayes (also lead singer for the old duo “Savage Garden”)
      The White Stripes
      The Chicks (previously called The Dixie Chicks)
      98 Degrees
      Vanessa Carlton
      SUM 41
      AFI
      Tenacious D (Jack Black’s old musical duo name of the same name of his movie “Tenacioua D And The Pick Of Destiny)
      Classified
      Panda Eyes
      Evanescence
      Fresh I.E

Sometimes I’ll add in some random music that some YouTubers make as well but this is just a list I could think of that’s not just YouTube related

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I haven’t an extensive music collection but have enough. Each of you has something that I like.

Music to me is a moment in time and reflects how I was. Some of the bands I liked in the 70’s evolved and even do concerts but they would not replicate how it was at that moment in time and I will not go to the concerts. I chuckle when people of my age say it was just like going back in time. I disagree as it definitely isn’t. Going to see Black Sabbath today cannot be the same as biking to the venue with buddies, getting out of your face almost collapsing during the encore and not remembering where I stayed the night to ride home completely knackered the next day, well I think it was next day.

I was bought up in the 60’s when pop took off and my dad would record ‘Pick of the Pops’ and we’d listen to them. Mum loved musicals and films so there was another influence. Recently there was a series with Dusty Springfield in her hey day. What a singer! I still have fond memories of the songs from Jungle book and Mary Poppins. ( The originals)

I have not embraced this digital age as yet. I still have a boxed I pod I got for a gift a decade ago!

I still have my turntable so on vinyl I have Hendrix, Cocteau Twins, David Sylvian, Duran Duran, Sade, Roxy Music, Sex Pistols, Damned, Stranglers, Gong, Japan, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Cranberries, Michael Jackson, Alan Parsons Project,Seal, Sabbath, Television, Ian Dury and the Blockheads,Christians, Terence Trent Darby,Ramones, Uriah Heep, T Rex, Queen, Radio Head and so it goes on. My last vinyl purchase was Nevermind by Nirvana. It then continued on C.D’s so cue the Walkman and it goes on.

You’ve just got to love music.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?