• This topic has 45 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Glory.
Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Katey Doe
      Lady

Hello Ladies,

Do you have a preferred nail polish color? Do you like your polish bright and glossy or an earthy colors and not so glossy like a flat color?

I know it all depends on what you’re doing and how you’re dressed. I prefer a glossy bright colors.

Hugs Katey

Anonymous

glossy and bright. the hardest thing is picking a color at the nail salon. just got a pedicure this week. wanted something that stood out. got a bright green. to bad its not sandal weather yet.

Katey Doe
        Lady

Hi Rachel,

I love nail polish but I always lean to the flashy colors. It’s like “here I am” flashy.

Thank you for sharing.

Hugs Katey

IsabelB
      Lady

I think you hit on it there, Katey – it depends on what I’m doing and where I’m going and just what takes my fancy at the time.

Right now I’m wearing Enchanté by Sally Hansen (it’s a bit like a dark pinky-plum) with a high gloss top coat.  It’s a great everyday colour and wears well – I’ve had it on for the last few days and no chips yet.  Before that, I had a bright orangey-red  (Tomato, Autograph range from M&S).  The colours I use range from nude to black though and I must have well over 20 to choose from.

So, in answer to your question, no real preference I guess other than glossy!  I just love wearing nail polish, especially when my nails are long – right now they’re about 5 or 6mm beyond the ends of my fingers :-).

Isabel x

Katey Doe
        Lady

Hi Isabel,

Thank you for sharing. My collection is growing to all sorts of colors.

For some reason I now like the yellows. My other favorites are red, pink, orange.

Hugs Katey

Anonymous

Hello Katey…

Funtime fuchsia…pink.

Queen of tarts…fire engine red.

Berries and cream…dark red.

all Rimmel…..

hope your having a good day !!!

Grace, Baroness d’ Rimmel….xxx

Katey Doe
        Lady

Hi Grace,

I’m doing well hoping your doing well.I so look forward to your posts.

I do love the pink, red, orange, and now I’m really liking yellow.

Thank you for sharing

Hugs Katey ❤️

Anonymous

I have been wearing Revlon dark blue with a gloss top coat.

Katey Doe
        Lady

Hi Eva,

that’s so wonderful. Hugs -Katey

Not going anywhere today but put on a bright red color with a glossy red lipstick to work about the house and feels so girlie for the day

Katey Doe
        Lady

Hi Deborah,

It feels so wonderful to be girly, sounds like you have a great day planned. I hope you have a great girly day. Hugs Katey

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Bright and shiny all the way!!

I’ve had some pearlescent polishes that change color depending on the angle that the light hits from.

Right now my toes looks like I have chrome nails, got a pedi with silver polish….woo!

xoxo

Katey Doe
        Lady

Hi Rayna,

Wow, I love how the nails change color per angle and shiny. Thank you for sharing. Hugs Katey

I love having my toenails painted and keep them that way a lot. If not a colour I always have a clear base coat on them. Right now I’m wearing a deep red and I always use a top coat which makes them glossy! I mix it up with pinks, fuchsias , reds but normally my wife picks the colour for me!
      Hugs

Ashley ❤️

Katey Doe
        Lady

Hi Ashley,

I love having my toe nails painted all the time. I have to be careful with my finger nails. I love all the girly colors like pink and red. I have been turning to different colors such as yellow and green. I like bright shiny colors. Thank you for your reply, hope you have a great day. Hugs Katey

Hi Katey,

I just love hot pink or bright red and always use a gloss hardener top coat. You mentioned that you like yellow. Wellll, during the height of the pandemic I started being my wife’s nail tech. It was always such a girlfriend experience. We had seen a commercial where the girl was wearing yellow and she decided to try it. All was well until she wanted to change color. When removed, her nails were stained by the yellow and looked terrible regardless of what we put on them and had to just let them grow out. Lesson learned to use a base coat! Stephanie

Katey Doe
        Lady

Hi Stephanie

Thank you for your reply sounds like you and your wife have nice girl days together. Thank you for the suggestion. I love the pinks and reds as well but I wanted to spread out and try other colors as well. Have a great day. Hugs Katey

I bought my first nail polish recently (though ive had access to the odd bottle from time to time). I love 💘 OPI “No room forbthe blues”. Its a very pretty blue color that looks great on my toenails.

Katey Doe
        Lady

It feels so great to have nails painted. I love changing the color. Thank you for sharing Hugs Katey

Hi Katey

I must say you might turn into a bad influence for me as that sounded like you were suggesting I should buy more. You’re so bad 💅!

HugAmelia❤

Anonymous

I love a glossy finish, all shades of red, lately I have been trying out purples, blues and greens, always feel super girly when doing my nails.

Katey Doe
        Lady

I’ve recently been hooked on yellows and greens for some reason. Thank you for sharing. Hugs Katey

I love red but have lots of different color nail polish  i mean lots of them.  I like to paint my toe nails so no one will see them  just me and wife, she knows I dress up, if i paint my finger nails it would be clear so no one would see that,  if I could get away with it and no one would say something bad to me about my finger nails painted I would, red one day and maybe  a blue or a nice color. I know my wifes friend would love that to see my nails painted, she would love it, she would tell me where I can get my nails done, what color is good on me.

Katey Doe
        Lady

I also keep my toenails painted I love changing colors. I love the girly colors of pink and red but recently I have been really attracted to the yellows and greens. Thank you for sharing, Hugs – Katey

My favorite is a bright shiny red color for my fingernails. I also use white polish as a quick cheat for “french tipping” my toenails.

Katey Doe
        Lady

Hi Brittany,

I love bright brilliant colors, thank you for sharing. Hugs Katey

Katey,

Great question!  I loved the responses!

Nail polish is one of my fav girl things to do.  My go to is Revlon Red.  Love the color and it has just the right amount of gloss.

I have been experimenting a bit with trying new colors.  This week it is Sally Hansen Grease Lightening ( I just love polish color names!).  Somewhat glossy, but I can’t even begin to explain the color, pinkish grey?  If that is even possible!

Hugs,

Denise

Katey Doe
        Lady

Hi Denise,

I do love painting my nails, practice makes perfect. Pinkish Grey hmmmm I don’t think I’ve seen that color but it sounds very interesting. Thank you for sharing with us. Hugs Katey

Pinkish grey; I’d call that color Mauve. It would be a darker muted color compared to normal pink.

Diana W
      Lady

I love pink.  I currently have pink polish on my toenails.  But I just bought a bottle of blue as I fancied a change.  I’ll probably apply it this weekend.

Katey Doe
        Lady

Hi Diana,

Congratulations on being a featured member. I also like pink but recently really been attracted to yellow for some reason. I got some the other day and will be switching colors on my nails soon. Thank you for replying, Hugs Katey

Nancy
      Lady

I recently found a glittery dark red that I’m really, really liking! I’ve got that polish on right now, but do need to redo them, as I’ve gotten a couple chips.

I do have a kind of subtle peach color that I’ve worn out with sandals and drab clothes in the summer. From a distance, people don’t notice, but I have caught someone glancing down and staring at my toes when I stopped to visit with them. And then, I got all paranoid and tried to hide my toes from them. But, my attitude toward hiding in the closet is changing, there is absolutely no doubt that I will be at least a little more confident this summer. 😉

Birel

Katey Doe
        Lady

Hi Birel,

So glad to hear that your confidence is starting to bloom. My confidence has come up as well and I will be exploring things this summer as well. I like the vibrant glossy colors. Thank your for sharing with us. Hugs Katey

Katey

I wear light blue nail polish most of the time. I sometimes put a top coat of blue glitter polish to give it that extra little sparkle ✨✨

– Jayla 💖💖

Katey Doe
        Lady

Hi Jayla,

I saw a light blue shade the other day I almost picked it up but I went with a yellow. I have been trying new colors lately. I have plenty of red and pink but for some reason I have this fixation on yellow lately. Hugs Katey

If I don’t have french tips, I usually like a pearl or light pink color. For the sexy look, I may go for bright red to match bright red lipstick, but that is only for special occasions.

Katey Doe
        Lady

I love the traditional lady colors like pink and red but lately I’ve been expanding my choices to all colors really. I prefer the lighter shades except for pink and red. Hugs Katey

Teri Ray
      Lady

I always have my toes painted some lovely color. My nails are always painted a light translucent pink (think french nails) with a matt top coat. I know my nails are painted but others will just have to guess. Just a little feminine feeling all the time.

Katey Doe
        Lady

Hi Teri,

I’m the same way my toe nails are painted everyday and no one knows but me. Its a tremendous feeling that I get. Thanks for sharing. Hugs Katey

I can only get away with my toes and usually go with a color that coincides with a holiday or a season. For example right now they are green. At the end of the month I will get them painted a pastel blue for Easter. Doing it like this gives me cover should anyone make a deal out of it. I just say I do it to amuse my young daughters.

Katey Doe
        Lady

Hi Darcy,

Thats a great idea. I have my toe nails painted everyday and its my secret. Thank you for sharing. Hugs Katey

Red red red i love bright red on my toes and fingers. My toes stay painted all the time and change colors once a month or so. One thing about red on my fingernails is its one of the hardest colors to remove but its worth it! My toes are not painted right now because i have my physical tomorrow and its killing me! I will be painting my toes bright red when i get home from my dr appt tomorrow right away!

I love painting my toe nails red, had to remove them after a long time being on, had Dr. appointment where they had to test my leg artery. there was some color i missed and the 2 nurses that did the job on my test must of seen some red nail polish still on my toes. they did not say anything, but wish I knew what they were thinking??  I use clear coat on my finger nails, I can get away with that.

Anonymous

Hi I work in a secondary (high) school so can’t get away with colour on my fingers but when schools out I go gloss blue because it matches my Yamaha FJR motorcycle. On staff days to I am a technician for the performing arts department. But am quite masculine at work.

Glory
      Lady

I’ve been getting into uv gel nail polish lately and do it yourself uv poly gel nail extensions and love them, they feel so natural and smooth 🥰 I keep them on for few days or week depending on what I have on, but they soak off fairly easy. They are a thing of beauty. Glossy bright red is my go to but I have so many others 🥰

Katey Doe
      Lady

Hi Lisa,

I’ve only painted my fingernails when I’m at home. I never tried the clear polish to go out but sounds like a plan, think I will give it a try, thanks for the idea. Hugs Katey

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?