Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Cathryn
      Lady

Am I the only one who thinks polishing and trimming and all that comes with nails is the most tedious thing ever? It takes me a good 2-3 hours just to polish all of my nails. I am constantly trimming and filing them every day to keep them in order.

Am I doing it wrong? How long should it take? Am I just weird?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Angela Booth
      Hostess

In order – No, as long as it takes and No!  You are clearly proud of your nails and the less important things can wait.

Cathryn
        Lady

Don’t know about the clearly proud part, but I do think they go along way to making me look passable. It’s the little things that make a difference.

Thank you,

…or, you can do what I have… I’ve grown my out permanently and have gel overlays done every four weeks. No need for a lot of maintenance and they’re gorgeous! But that solution only works if you’re a full time girl or don’t mind showing off your beautiful manicure.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Cassie Jayson
        Duchess

I agree Lauren. I have been going to the nail salon for a year and half now and have them painted with gels for most of the time. I love the choice of all the colors that can be done, right now they are red, green and silver sparkly colors. At this point I don’t care who suspect my fem side and LOVE exploring all the possibilities.

. Cassie

I do my nails at least once a week just to keep them in shape

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I’ve just started occasionally doing my nails. It sure seems like if you want to have them looking nice there will be some time consuming work involved. Filing them to the right shape, cleaning up the cuticles, all of that time sitting still while the second, and third coats dry.
      I have an entirely new appreciation for a well done pretty manicure! 💅

💕Lara

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Lara Muir. Reason: Spelling

Hi Cathryn,  My daily life as a lumberjack in summer and a woman’s costumer in winter make it hard to have long nails but I will still glam my hands as needed.  I do keep my nails clean and just slightly long most of the time.  I paint them with a sealer and then use a top coat of Sally Hanson instant dry red before going out.  If I really want to make a statement then I use press-on nails that I have prepared beforehand and always keep ready for the time I need them.  I stick them on with tabs of Scotch 10 pound mounting tape.  I only take about 10-15 minutes to do my nails and another 5 minutes to take them off.  I’m always surprised by compliments that I get on my nails when I really take such little time to do them.  I think that the high gloss finish may make the difference.  I hope this helps.     Marg

Peta Mari
      Lady

I’m a farmer in the Australian outback. I dont spend hours on my nails. But I find I rarely break one when its polished..

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

There is nothing wrong with getting a manicure even if you aren’t dressed.  I do a lot of yard work and incidental repairs and maintenance on my things. In between times of dressing, I’ll go to the salon and get a manicure. The pro’s do a marvelous job on them. I just don’t let them cut my nails. As I like to leave them a little longer than most men do. I just dont let them apply polish.

It really helps after I’ve beat them up in the yard.

I go for a mani and pedi at least once or twice a month and in between I keep them filed shaped and buffed every five or six days. When at the salon I have them kept long for a male person and leave in clear polish if in male mode. At home I have all the colors that I apply depending on mood and outfit and return to clear polish if back in male mode. I love lovely nails which look so beautiful and feminine and makes me feel the same. And I also love using the fake nails with french tips made my kiss but all work well. I use nail polish remover after taking them off and return to colors or clear polish.

Thats why I go to Modern Nails! I pick the color and let them do the work! Try it you will love it!

I go to the nail salon with my wife every couple months to get mani-padi’s.  In between I will trim my fingernails to make it easier to play my guitar.  I get clear gel on my fingers and I pick out a color for my toes during non-sandal season, otherwise it is clear gel.  We enjoy our time at the salon, it is wonderful sharing the experience.  We even help each other pick out colors.

XOXO

Suzanne

Anonymous
      Lady

I do love having my nails done at a salon but have taken a break because after a while my nails get a little thin. I’m about to go back and get French tips. I find dip powder to last the longest for me. If you haven’t had your nails done by a manicurist then you are really missing out on a treat.

[postquote quote=716340]
      The time to wear colored polish on your toenails is during the summer when your toes are on display in sandals. Why wear colored polish in the winder when no one will see your toes?

Cathryn
        Lady

I understand that… but how about because I live in TEXAS and every week there are plenty times to show off my pretty piggies…

Because you never know who will see them! Also a spa pedicure is wonderful!

Cathryn:

2 to 3 hours? Wow!

I’m down to ~45 minutes for base coat, 2 color coats and hardener; all ESSIE products.

Samantha R
      Duchess

I have gone to the nail salon for years, but never have gotten polish. Next trip I plan to add polish to my toes. I like the idea of the clear gel on the fingers.

Cathryn
      Lady

I have done fake as well but they are not wide enough for some of my fingers, mostly my thumbs, so they look weird…

what brand of fake nails do you use?

I use the 100 pack of Kiss nails from Walmart.  If you can’t find wide enough fake nails, you might try looking at a beauty supply store like Sally’s.  They usually have a big selection.     Marg

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

OPI brand acrylic nails has some larger size nails that fit my thumb well. I got mine at Ulta. The KISS brand nails are not as wide.

Diana Stockton
      Baroness

Sally’s Beauty Supply carries Wide nails.  You have to color them but they do fit well on my large hands.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?