Tagged: 

Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hey ladies,

Curiosity got the better of me again, so I’m wondering, do you ladies wear false nails or do you go en femme with your real nails? For me I cant stand not having my false nails with me en femme. But what about you girls?

Jayla 🌸🌸

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I, so far, have always just painted my real nails.

But my nails tend to get broken a lot. Doing boy stuff, playing rough with my pup… crack, break, etc…

So, I am considering fake nails. I even tried ordering some from the lady in the UK that I read about in CDH. I measured and ordered, spent $60 on two sets of pre-painted nails.

They are too small(narrow)… since she doesn’t take returns, I’m stuck with nails that don’t fit.

So, I’m a little reluctant to try finding fake nails again. I might go to Ulta and see if they have someone that can assist me. They have been nice in the past…

Good luck out there, don’t break a nail 😉

xoxo

Rayna

I generally keep my nails shaped and polished but often like to put on long ones depending on what I wear. I just adore long nails and the fake ones pass so very well. Too bad about that purchase Rayna and know what you mean about some being too narrow. Ultra should fix that for sure. I love shopping in long nails and touching things but nothing stands out so much as lovely nails on a woman

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Just recently I was growing my nails out. But was having issues with breaking a nail or messing one up here and there. Because my wife not being the supportive type I can’t polish them often or get them too long without her noticing. So just today I decided I will go with press-on nails when I am able to dress.

I will, however, paint my toe nails when I can.

Hugs, Liara

Hi ladies, I like pre-glued stick on nails. There so cool. Recently I’ve been using Elegant Touch pre-glued nails, you just press them on each finger for 10 secs and that’s you, good to go. They adhere really well and you don’t have to mess about with glue. To get them off, just soak in hot water, and there off in about 10 mins. I always opt for false nails they just look so much better x👠👠

Georgia

I grow my natural nails out until they break, chip, or split. I began using clear nail strengthener, but my wife noticed the “shine” and complained. I then started taking hair, skin, and nail vitamin pills and just switched to Biotin pills. I feel that my nails are improving; but no matter how careful I try to be, they still have the tendency to get damaged with the slightest impact on the most unusual surfaces.

I finger pick  guitar in a band so get away with my long nails and long hair 🙂 Thanks Rock and Roll.

Tell your SO you you want to play guitar !! Hope this helps, Girls

Hi Jayla,

I am a huge fan of KISS imPRESS Color Press on nails. Gorgeous colors and they hold really well. To remove you just need to soak in warm water for a few minutes and they come off so easily without doing any damage to the underlying nail. Couldn’t live without them.

Hugs,
      FM

Thanks for the info Felicia. I have been sculpturing my own nails recently but I think people are starting to notice outside of my SO, unfortunately I need to be a little more secretive so these sound like a great option.

Sally

xxx

Anonymous

Hi Jayla…loving your profile pic…

I love my false Nails…so easy and always beautiful…if you work in a manual job, Nails can be high maintenance…

Genevieve…another friend who “disappeared” from here gave me a great tip that really works…

Put on a coat of clear topcoat nail polish first….when dry, glue on your nails as normal….they stick as usual but peel off really easily….it works for me..

huggs, grace xx

Hi Jayla
      I grew my own nails out I have a manual job,(they are about an 1/8th of an inch past the bed) and quite often broke/break one. I use a conditioner, and always have them polished, I have had a few comments, but know what? I do this for me, and to heck with what others may think.
      I must say though, my wife is all on board with me being me, and supports me in however I wish to proceed. Her only stipulation, is, Im either mostly Femme, or drab, so no wearing boobs with my bald head showing, lol
      I can live with that😊
      Hugs, Regi👸💖

Hope Roberts
      Baroness

Jayla,

i  van live my false nails and never leave home without them. I found a set of short oval length on Amazon. The nails are a little thicker and hold up well, you select your size and then I tape the nails on a q-tip and then paint them with 2 coats and then a top coat. Once dry, I store each nail set in a pillbox.

Amazon also sells the adhesive tabs that size well with our larger fingers. The thing I learned is to clean your nails first with isopropyl alcohol and a paper towel. Then the tabs will stuck much better.

the nails are easily removed soaking in warm water or pry up from the side with a nail stick. Then you use the stick to remove the adhesive tabs from underside of the nail and you are good to go for the next time.

Hope

Anonymous
      Lady

I’ve searched for wider nails that would fit my big man hands but no luck so I grow mine out. Often I polish with clear gloss and have only once gotten a comment. A female cashier called me “pretty” as she handed me the receipt. I was in drab mode so it had to be the nails. At the time I had very carefully grown my nails out to a nice length and had them trimmed in a squared French cut at the time. They lasted for a couple of weeks like that then of course one split… damn! Had to trim and start over.

It’s the absolute worst when they split or tear. I get so flustered with mine.

I work in the oil field, so I’m lucky to make it more than a week without one of them breaking.

I put on a few coats of clear strengthener. Seems to help

Pumped
      Lady
      Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Hi Jayla, I took a different path. A little over 2 months ago I had my nails done at a nail salon and kept them when in drab, read the article that I had ‘Finding Cassie Part 2’. I had them done in my collage colors, hoping that would catch on with other guys. If you want to see the nails thy are on my profile page. Now a couple week ago I had my nails done again, this time in a different color, partly because I have gotten very little grief about it.

. . . .Cassie

Anonymous

Hi all,

I’ve always preferred my own nails, and grow them long. I quite like the feel of long nails, and how they require you to use your hands more delicately at all times. But even so gardening take its toll, and simply washing up the dishes can be fraught. So keeping a full set is very hard.

Now another dilemma has cropped up. A potter friend has offered to let me use her wheel and kiln and try things out. Slight problem: the activities of throwing pots and maintaining long nails just don’t go together.

I seem to be being driven towards fake – or quite short fingernails.

Marti xxx

OK,  I’m a little out of step here. I keep my nails short, paint them or have them painted when I want to feel more feminine.

The main reason is intimacy. Long nails are not really compatible with the intimate areas of most people. And hands – and their nails – are a big part of my intimate life.

Anonymous

Hi Jayla
      I use my own nails. I am able to grow my nails long, longer than most guys would wear, and I very seldom break one. My wife often says she is jealous because hers take forever to grow and are so soft they peel or split and the least little thing. I keep mine a little past my finger tips and she keeps them rounded for me. I just polish ang go!!

Chelly

Anonymous

False nails all the way. It completes my look. I get mine from StaticNails – superb quality with different styles and colors, and the company provides nail remover that works well.

Anonymous

Both, but I have not grown my natural nails to be long at all. So, I finally got a set of press on (glued) nails from The Nailest. They have wide sizes too, the regular sets are just way too narrow for male nails, especially the thumb.

Here is what I got (my Flickr page) https://flic.kr/p/2mKF3wR

I got Handmade solid neutrals, glossy #0441 Short Square / L

-Nina

I perfer the glue on. If I just put nail polish on my nails it soaks up my nail bed makes hard to get off.

Thank you for the advice, Jillian. I haven’t tried nail moisturizer. However, as I said, since my wife complained about the “shine” on my nails from the strengthener; I’ve decided not to look into any other “surface” treatments.

If a nail breaks, I just trim it up and wait for it to re-grow.

Christy
      Lady

OPI has a clear matte strengthener. I wear it all the time.

Rose Hill
      Duchess - Annual

opi make a matt top coat that take the shine off. I have it but seldom use it as I like the look of shiny nails

Sally Hansen is the brand I prefer. Winter temperatures have come to my area and that is making my nails even more brittle. I think SH has a matte formula, I might be giving it a try very soon.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?