Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Mika Malone
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: November 11, 2020
      Topics: 52
      Replies: 898

Honestly, I have never used fakes. There is a bit of pride in growing  them myself. Painting takes practice, too. I have dived head first into nail art. I can definitely use more practice painting with my left hand. I have a nail art gallery here, as well.

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/members/trailgirl/mediapress/my-nail-art/

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Carmen Cruz
      Lady
      Registered On: September 12, 2021
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 20

For toes I make sure they’re just clean and trimmed and always have a clear gloss over them. In guy mode I’m always in flip-flops and nobody seems to notice. In girl mode in heels, the clear gives them sparkle and I feel it’s good enough for the cute effect.

As far as hands, I use press-on/glue-on nails. I found a bunch of sets at Winco (of all places lol), so I bought the entire rack for a dollar a package. That was a find. I have enough for months and months, so I don’t really worry about destroying them for removal.

Typically however, one of those wood nail cleaning picks found in most nail sets will pop them off easily without hurting the plastic (I just wedge it between the tip of my real nail and the fake nail as long as I didn’t glue all the way across, there’s always a tiny space I can get to underneath). Pops right off after finding that little spot!

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Jin Crocker
      Lady
      Registered On: November 15, 2019
      Replies: 420

I have natural nails, but I am always doing things and getting them chipped. I love bright colors best.

Alison Anderson
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 15, 2018
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 583

I have a similar problem that I would need to use a “woman’s size big toe” fake nail to cover my thumb.  It has never been worth it to me.

However, one time, while keeping my nails long, I ended up with a vertical tear in my right thumb nail about half way down the nail.  Nail glue didn’t hold, and it was too easy to catch and I was afraid it would keep ripping the split.  Not to mention the nail bed was sore under the split.  I went to the nail salon and they mixed a powder with a liquid and painted a new nail on (actually beyond and then filed back with a small electric grinding wheel) to protect the nail until it grew out.  I’m not sure if it was a gel nail or an acrylic, but that sucker was hard.  It was difficult when it grew out to trim, and it was difficult when eventually it came time for me to remove, even soaking it for a few minutes in nail polish remover.  Whatever it was, it protected the nail until the split grew out.

So for a while, I had, on one nail, a semi-permanent fake nail.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Diana Stockton
      Lady
      Registered On: September 6, 2015
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 11

If you go to this other forum I posted that I used Sally’s extra large.

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/forums/topic/false-nails/

I get mine at Sally’s Beauty supply. Perfect Fit Plus size nails  You have to paint them but they fit well.  https://www.sallybeauty.com/nails/acrylic-nails/precision-fit-plus-size-natural-nail-tips/SBS-202140.html?…

I color them off the hand them trim to fit.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness
      Registered On: August 27, 2017
      Topics: 97
      Replies: 916

Fake here, mostly cos my 70 plus year old nails look like a farmers ploughed fields

I cantwear them for more that 24hrs tops, so first I use the little double sided sticky pads, then glue the false nails to them. They slide off when the time comes to take them off. For thumbnails, I try to finf the false “big toe”  nails for females

Caty.

Jillian F
        Lady
        Registered On: May 19, 2021
        Replies: 96

They make fake nails for toes too, or did I read that wrong?

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Caty Ryan
          Baroness
          Registered On: August 27, 2017
          Topics: 97
          Replies: 916

Yes Gillian,

Tho I have not seen any around for a while/a. cos I have not looked and b/. With Melbourne in our sixth lockdown in 18 months, I’ve had next to no Caty time to even try to use them.

Caty.

Kathleen
      Duchess
      Registered On: February 20, 2020
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 240

I use the glue on nails. And no the thumbnail is not wide enough. I’ve painted my own nails and enjoy it but it’s really hard to get the polish out of my cuticles and I can’t be outed at work.

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Ellie Hope
      Baroness
      Registered On: October 3, 2019
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 126

Hi Jillian,

I started out painting them, but am also not so good at it. Much better results after I started going to the solons, but still, the normal polish didn’t hold up well and neither did my nails, which tend to split and tear easily, especially with the activities I enjoy.

A few months ago, I had a good solon add extensions, then build the nails up with a hardening phone aste material they use. Over that, they applied UV curing acrylic Gel paint, two coats followed by a third clear top coat. Each coat was cured under UV light so no waiting to dry. These nails are much, much stronger and look good for a long time. Fills are required every two to four weeks depending on how fast your nails grow and it is pricey, but mine have held the up very well to lots of abuse. The fills are less expensive than the original application, but after a couple of fills, I will have to start over.

Previously, I had also tried glue on nails, and was able to find sets of blanks (unfinished) in wider sizes that correctly fit. My daughter applied conventional polish to these and they looked good for about a week, then started popping off my fingers. I have not been able to find prefinished press-on nails wide enough for fingers and have Never tried them

In summary, I am still undecided which way to go in the long run, but will continue with the reinforced acrylics as long as I can afford it. I love painted nails with a little extension to them. It helps me feel feminine.

Hugs, ellie

Amber Scott
      Duchess
      Registered On: June 30, 2019
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 135

Love my real nails. While I’m surfing the web or watching videos on YouTube I’m usually shaping, polishing and painting my nails. I find it’s the perfect way to spend some down time.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

Kelly Terry
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: February 26, 2018
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 317

While most of the time I have my real nails it’s mostly because I can’t really have bright red nails for any length of time. While I work from home we do way to many videocalls to not be exposed (it’s so easy to scratch that itch on the face to hide), and on weekends I have videocalls with family so just as bad then.

I am trying to at least grow my real nails but they are thin and tend to snag in things all the time despite that I have a nail file to fix issues within reach most of the time.

I do have some fake nails and once when I could put them on I loved the feeling of it. They weren’t extremely long but long enough to give me the feeling. Later when it got closer to the time that I had to take them of I first cut them down to the tip of the finger and it still gave me a good feeling.

/kt

6 users thanked author for this post.
      T.J. Byron
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 18, 2018
      Replies: 452

I am abit ” shaky” at 75…so, what I have found for me, the Night Before going out, I paint, in bed, using my bedside table. I love all the “reds” colors.
      I have all the stuff to press on, but, for me it’s so easy just to paint.
      Toes are always red.
      Love and good luck with your nails!!
      Dr.T.J.

Stephanie Bass
      Princess - Annual
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 2186

Hi Jillian as just mentioned to Miss Lisa T i cant wear polish except when Stephanie comes over on the weekends as per wife no polish on toes or hands have to be removed for work .. But to make it easyier i use glue on nails on fingers and paint toes for the weekend as now typing this i keep looking at my pretty fingers and just smile.. Work keeps them broken or torn pretty much all the time so a glue on type for the weekend as Stephanie makes my day complete he he hugs girl..

Stephanie

7 users thanked author for this post.
      Raquel Smith
      Lady
      Registered On: August 26, 2021
      Replies: 118

Real nails aren’t an option. 1) my nail tips are thin and I have to keep them at a short (read manly) length or risk tears; 2) varnish, clear or colored are not an option, because I’m not out of the closet around the house; 3) and even if, too much work.

Temporary press-on look very nice, imho, and would have to be closely inspected to tell they weren’t real.  I don’t have a problem with size. I have relatively small hands.

And I don’t need any comments about small hands and small you-know-whats.  😁

Sandy Craig
      Lady
      Registered On: March 18, 2018
      Replies: 296

Faux for me on fingers. Toes painted if visible on the day I go out.

I’m very happy doing this and it’s super fast. I keep 10 to 15 sets in different colors and make my choice after I’m dressed.

I buy bulk Nailene brand with 200 nails. Yes most are way to small but the cost of the pack is pretty low. Typically get 6 or 7 full sets that I paint whatever colors I like. Depending on how much time you want to spend you can file/shape to your exact nail size or as I do, find a close size and go with it.

For attaching I use the Nailene adhesive tabs. Make sure your nails (and painted nails) are super clean and dry before you apply. I would estimate 5 or 6 minutes to do it all. If careful when removing and cleaning you can reuse these many times. Positive I have some I’ve worn at least 10 times and as a side note once used they always have some sticky to them and work better then when new. If you lightly abrade the underside before using the first time it can help but not required.

Sandy

T.J. Byron
        Duchess

Hey Sandy Girl….
        Looking forward to lunch at Black Angeus, even if it’s just US, Few other friends, let’s do it…!

Looking forward hearing from you….
        Love to you…
        Dr.T.J.

Stephanie Bass
          Princess - Annual
          Registered On: November 30, 2019
          Topics: 13
          Replies: 2186

Hey girlfriend long time no see been really busy and miss you  be safe my friend hugs ..

Stephanie

T.J. Byron
            Duchess

Yes, still alive and well…just living life in WASHINGTON, with the families of our kids.
            Out and about all the time…
            Love to you Stephanie…
            Dr.T.J

Stephanie Aston
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: May 31, 2018
      Replies: 52

Hi Jillian

I also had size issues with fake nails so do my best to keep my natural nails neat and tidy, I do have occasional issues with chipping or splitting nails so I’m also taking a Biotin supplement.
      regular maintenance is essential and I do a regular file, buff and polish.

Things to avoid.     DIY, gardening, working on your car 😂

take care

Stephanie x

Marti
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: February 5, 2019
        Topics: 33
        Replies: 495

Hi Stephanie,

– ain’t that the way? You’re so right. Unfortunately I enjoy a bit of gardening too.

Marti xxx

Stephanie Aston
          Baroness - Annual
          Registered On: May 31, 2018
          Replies: 52

Hi Marti

So do I and I’ve been DIYing today!  The good news is that I have 9 intact pinkie nails 💅the sad news was that I broke one yesterday whilst mowing the lawn 😢

Michelle McQueen
      Lady
      Registered On: June 14, 2021
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 404

I’ve never found false nails that were wide enough for my man thumbs so I’ve grown them out naturally a couple of times. It does take a lot of care to get any length on them without breaking one or two. I polish with clear gloss and have grown nice French style nails before but they don’t last very long and then I have to cut back and keep growing for length again. Does anyone know of a clear matte polish? I’m so envious of GG’s salon nails.

Jillian F
        Lady

This one of those things I get jealous about too…

Deborah Sullivan
      Duchess
      Registered On: February 27, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 718

I have natural nails always groomed and polished. On occasion I will wear fake nails for a very long look and have had no problems with them

Gina Russo
      Lady
      Registered On: August 31, 2021
      Replies: 6

My toenails are long and polished always..Fake nails for my hands

Marti
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Jillian,

For me it used to go in fits and starts, Bitten or chewed off or picked at, to unkempt gloriously long nails.

Of late (i.e. since coming on here, lol) I’m being a lot more attentive, and they stay long and (clearly most times) varnished. It’s not all easy street with natural nails. As they get longer , the chances of breaking go up and up until, whoops there goes another. So I never have an even length set. I’ve also learned that the slightest ‘snag’ needs immediate attention, or it will just get worse. And even if you don’t actually bite, nails and mouths should never meet!

I give them a rest from varnish every so often, I think Grace gave me that tip, and Beth mentioned vitamins – Biotin – recently, so I’m giving that a whirl too.

But if you’ve got short nails, it can seem forever until they grow through, and the type of job you do, or partners, or circumstances etc, might make natural long nails not an option. In which case, you have my blessings to ‘fake away’ !!! If you’ve never ever had long nails you might be pleasantly surprised at how they make you feel.

Marti xxx

Jillian F
        Lady

Like I said in another reply I have and grow long strong nail that I have no biting or other damage to. It’s just every day live does not allow for them to stick around very long. Plus I cannot paint them to save my life. I get paint all over…lol.

But I do love the long nails. Te ones I’m wearing now are stick on about 3/4 inch long and just lovely. They complete my hands perfectly. I just have to get use to touching thing and picking things up differently.

Marti
          Baroness - Annual

That’s really good Jillian,

I really wish I would follow my own advice more often, lol, but there’s a lot to be said for ‘practice makes perfect’. Whichever direction a girl takes, keep at it and see where you’re at in a few months’ time.

I’ve noticed that some gg’s I come into contact with, who have self painted nails, aren’t always so precise in their application. I guess that’s one reason why nail salons and bars can make a profit.

Marti xxx

Rebecca Clayton
      Lady
      Registered On: August 13, 2021
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 46

Hello Jillian,

So after a few tries with fake nails I am going to spend my time and attention to taking care of my natural nails. While I loved the look of the fake nails I spent quite a bit of time in the process. Prepping my real nails, sizing, gluing (I used nail glue), clipping, filing, painting. Then to remove them was an even longer process. I had to soak them in at least 98% acetone to get them off, resultingin a bit of a mess. This would take several hours to complete the whole process. And as Carolyne stated earlier it has been very rough on my natural nail bed. I haven’t tried press on. I may try them at some point, but I will no longer use nail glue.

All that being said I am going to start caring for my natural nails and hopefully get good results.

Hugs

Becca

Carolyne Sherman
      Duchess
      Registered On: February 20, 2018
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 469

Jillian I have over the years become a big fan of longer natural nails. I keep them well manicured and use a strengthening clear coat all the time. The coating gives them a nice shine and the length makes them look quite feminine. I have never had any negative comments even in man drag. My only two problems are chipping which sucks and makes me cut or file back an occasional nail and work gloves, which make them soft and tear. I do try to take care of them and my beloved wifey loves having me scratch her back with them when her bra chafes and leaves her itching from it. I can also put pretty colored polish on them when I am dressing nice and have time or for special occasions without having to do anything extra and then clean it off easily later.

As for fake nails, I have used them but found they were hard on my natural nail bed and made them very susceptible to damage so I quit using them. They also are a pain to remove and clean up my nails when I am done with them. I do like their look when I plan on wearing them for several days, but that doesn’t happen to often so natural nails work best for me. Have a lovely day.
      🍷C

LisaT
      Lady
      Registered On: January 31, 2021
      Topics: 92
      Replies: 1177

I have real nails. It’s taken time and a great deal of attention to detail to get them. They need protection and care. The corners and edges which are prone to breaking and tearing need rounding down and smoothing. Slowly the tips grow longer and I have nice nails.

I have used fake nails.  It’s difficult but not impossible to get sets with extra wide large nails in but there are lots of wasted smaller nails. Plus they always seem to fall off at the most in opportune moments.

take the time and grow your own it’s well worth it.

hugs

Lisa xxx

Jillian F
        Lady

I have and grow very long strong nails. Just not something I can keep long term because of boy life…

Jennifer Lynn
      Lady
      Registered On: August 15, 2020
      Replies: 278

My nails are real and always polished.

Jillian F
        Lady

Thanks but looks like you live as a girl all the time. I cannot…

Jennifer Lynn
          Lady
          Registered On: August 15, 2020
          Replies: 278

Yes, I have been living as Jennifer 24/7 since January 1995.

Jenn Dress
      Lady
      Registered On: July 5, 2021
      Replies: 8

I wear the fake nails because I can,t wear nail polish very often because of work. with the fake nail I can use over and over. I have the nails already polish in a number of my favorite colours they work for me

Jillian F
        Lady

That’s my thought process as well. Put them on for girl time, take them off for guy time…

Diane Rakers
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: August 18, 2019
      Replies: 822

Hi Jillian,

I go to a salon every 2 1/2 to 3 weeks to get my nails done, and that includes polish. Please note, that the lovely Sarah removes the polish before I leave. Also note, that I am a very good tipper.

I have been told by two cis women that I have very good nails. One said she was jealous!

Diane

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account