Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Revel
      Baroness

Hello sisters,

Today is my three year name anniversary! I decided to name myself “Revel” back on June 11, 2019, and I love the name I chose. Do you lovely ladies remember the day (or year) when you chose your femme name?

Revel

Anonymous
      Lady

It was the first time I realized Michelle was the female equivalent of my male name but I was very young so it was many years ago.

Anonymous

Chloe Grace just came recently, around Memorial Day this year.

Revel
        Baroness

Chloe Grace,

That’s a nice name, and a neat way to remember around Memorial Day.

Hugs, Revel

Anonymous

True. Though I remember Memorial Day for many other reasons, including the fact that I have Memorial Day duties at my local VA

Hi Revel,

Happy anniversary!

Alice was a name I’ve liked for a long time.

Alice

Revel
        Baroness

Thanks, Alice. That was so sweet of you. 🌹

Hugs, Revel

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Revel,

I remember seeing a couple of women that had the name Lara, probably 25 years or so ago. I thought it was a really cool name. After putting on my first skirt three years ago it just clicked!

💕Lara

Revel
        Baroness

Yes, it’s a really cool femme name, Lara. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Revel

I just remember naming myself Barbara in January of 95. Not the exact date. I changed Barbara to Barbie and took the last name Satin in February of 1997.

Revel
        Baroness

Thank you for sharing that. I like your name change, Barbie Satin. I changed my femme name from “Joy” to “Revel” three years ago today, and I never regretted it. Change is good. 😉

Hi Revel its been a while since we chatted so happy Anniversary to your name sake he he .. As Stephanie was a girl that was so cute way back in early grade school that i liked so much and picked as my femme name for life ..

Stephanie

Revel
        Baroness

Hi, Stephanie!

It has been awhile, and thank you. girlfriend. I’m impressed that you chose your name way back in grade school! Thanks for sharing, girlfriend.

❤️ Rev

Anonymous

Hi Revel
      My Femday is October 19th and i have only celebrated it since 2019!
      Anna Marie was my choice way back in 1980 but have just recently come to terms who i really am!

Revel
        Baroness

Anna Marie,

My Grandmother’s name (on my Mommy’s side) was also named Marie. That’s a nice name. 🙂

Revel

Anonymous

Hey Revel
          I guess MARIE is a nice name and one of my Cousins actually got the handle but as for the Anna not a clue as i just picked it from CD Publication when young!
          Thanks for messaging me,it means a lot!
          Anna M xxxx

I don’t remember the exact date but it was in 2020 – I was inspired by the Johnny Cash song “A Boy Named Sue” – as there are relatives that go by Sue it didn’t seem appropriate so Suzanne seemed like a better choice

Anonymous

Morning Suzanne
        Nice to read your post!
        Hope you don’t mind me replying but i think it’s pretty apt that you named yourself that way!
        Me,way back in 1980 i chose the name Marie because if i had have been a girl they would have named me Marie!
        Anna i chose myself but Smith is my My late Mother’s maiden name as i hate my real surname!
        All of those girls out there please don’t ask what it is!
        Love & Hugs
        Anna M xxx

Anne Marie –

Thank you.

Interesting how you picked your name, back in the day parents didn’t know whether they were having a boy or a girl so had to be prepared for either.  I never heard mention of what name would have been given to me had I been born a girl, would have been interesting to have known.

XOXO
          Suzanne

Anonymous

Dearest Suzanne
            I welcome your reply but just to explain it was my late Mother who only knew Anna!!!
            Perhaps she really wanted a daughter but it doesn’t make any difference if you were not given a name before you were born!
            For me,you are Suzanne and the whole world knows you by that handle!
            Be Loud and Proud girl because i am trying to as well!
            However,after all this time being in the closet i am bloody scared…..
            Luv
            Anna xxx
            PS.Sorry for the expletive hun!

Anna Marie –

Thank you it is nice to know that I am known as Suzanne to so many.  I guess you could say I’m still in the closet as my wife and therapist know Suzanne, there are 4 girls who met Suzanne at a support group meeting once ( haven’t been bac but that’s another story).  I am proud of sho I am but not so much loud, maybe one day but for now I’m okay.

There is no need to be scared just be yourself and do what you are comfortable in doing.  No need to apologize for the expletive.

XOXO
            Suzanne

Revel
        Baroness

Suzanne,

I have that Johnny Cash song on one of my CD’s. Thanks for sharing.

Revel

Revel –

I remember when I first heard it and how it made me think every time I heard it after that.  I hadn’t realized at the time about my crossdressing but it did make me think as it  kind of rhymes with my male name.  There are many times now that I wonder what my life would have been like if I had known and accepted this part of myself at a younger age.  No sense worrying about that though the important part is to accept the now and move on.

XOXO
          Suzanne

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Revel, and happy anniversary dear!  I am almost the same day as you.  Yesterday was my 2nd anniversary here at cdh which coincided with my ‘official’ name modification to Stevie.  That was when I informed those I cared for of my desire to be called that.  ( honestly, many girls had referred to me as ‘Stevie’ even before that, so it wasn’t a big stretch).   “Came out” to them with the reason for it several months later, lol.

Stevie 🙂

Revel
        Baroness

Hi, Stevie.

Happy Anniversary to you too! That’s a clever name on your part. Thanks for sharing.

Revel

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I don’t remember the exact day, but it was late in 2018, a couple of weeks or so before Christmas and I had been thinking I needed a name for my growing feminine persona then the name “Amy” just kind of entered into my head, and it felt right for some reason.

To round things off I consider Jan 1 2019 Amy’s birthday, or name anniversary as Amy has been with me my whole life only I never realized it till recently.

Amy

Revel
        Baroness

Amy,

We chose our femme name back in 2019 so you and I have something in common, sister! I really like how you explained that Amy was with you your whole life. Revel was with me my whole life too, and when I realized this and brought her to life, it made her REVEL! 😀

Beauty lies within. Girl power!

XOXO Rev

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Thinking of a name can be difficult and I had lots that I would like to be known by. I know that in a conversation with my mother, before I came out to her, we were having a conversation about names and I asked what I would have been called if I were born a girl. She had a think and said it would have been Angela.  It wasn’t a name I had thought of but it seemed appropriate as it was her choice and ended my problem in deciding. That was decades ago and I adopted it as my own and my mother will address me by the name she chose.

Revel
        Baroness

Angela,

You are so right. It can be difficult. It’s really touching how your Mother helped you decide on your name. Thanks for sharing all of that.

I chose a word/name how I feel. I like to “rev up” when I do stuff like working out, or dancing to music! I find an intense amount of enjoyment when cross-dressing, and I “revel” in doing it. My Mommy loved my femme name, and nickname “Rev” as well. Before she died, she was only calling me “Rev” and treated me like her own daughter. It was so touching.

Hugs, Revel

I chose my name the day I joined CDH. There was no way I was going to use a male name here and I’m always taken aback when some people do. The side of me that is Amy is still on her long journey to realisation but the name is an important step in creating that identity. Her birthday is January 2nd.

Revel
        Baroness

Agreed. The name is an important step at creating your identity. Thanks for sharing.

Revel

Best I can tell from the earliest sent email I have, it would have been sometime before November 24th of 2004.

I may have been using Cynthia prior to me getting my email, but things from almost 20 years ago are getting a bit blurry at my age.

Revel
        Baroness

You’ve been using your femme name for quite some time, sister. I’m impressed. Thanks for sharing.

Revel

Ohh, yes!

I chose Harriet at first because it’s my all time favourite name but it was always going to be old maid auntish. So… I remember my mother said that she had thought of Oliver hence Polly

My second name is McFarlane as every oldest woman in my mother’s line has that middle name… and my surname of Stewart is our family’s other clan name.

I felt a huge sense of belonging and happiness at choosing the ‘right’ name!

Love Polly McFarlane Stewart 💕💕💕

Anonymous

Hey there Polly
        Nice to read your post and a Scottish Kiwi to boot?
        You only started dressing at 50 as well?
        Wishing you the best on your journey whereas the Journey i’m on will stop at the dressing!
        You are truly brave and so Take Care of yourself ok?
        Respect/Love & Hugs
        Anna M xxx

Hmmm… funnily enough the only tattoo I’ve thought of getting is my clan tartan!

Revel
        Baroness

Yes. Whenever I hear of the name “Harriet” I think of Harriet Oleson played by actress Katherine MacGregor on the Little House and the Prairie TV series. Great actress. Interesting how you used a name that your Mom thought of. Mother knows best. 🙂

Thanks for sharing.

Love, Revel

Yes… I truly miss my mother!

Revel
            Baroness

Me too, sister. My Mommy died back in February, but she lives in me, and your Mother lives in you, too. 😉

Anonymous

I can’t pinpoint the year or month, but I remember the circumstances.  It’s been maybe 15 years ago, or so.

There used to be a website dedicated to the thing that many of us started with, panties, called MenWearPanties.com.  They highlighted a new pair or line of panties every several days.  They also had articles and a forum similar to this.  I created an account and chose the name Raquel, or rather it chose me.  I can even remember where it came from.  I’ve been Raquel ever since, though.

When I joined here, I added my mom’s maiden name.  I know, you thought Smith was kinda like a “Jane Doe” name, so it’s anonymous, but it’s real. 😁

Happy anniversary to you.

Much love,

Raquel

Anonymous

BTW, there is a site using that url, now, but it’s not the same.

Anonymous

Let me guess, taken over with adult films?

Anonymous

No. 😄  Quite tame, in fact.

Anonymous

Well that’s different. Usually those websites end up taken over by adult films. At least from what I’ve seen

Revel
        Baroness

Thank you, Raquel. It’s very interesting how you chose your femme name, and thank you for sharing all of that. Our names “Revel” and “Raquel” are similar. 🙂

Love, Revel

Revel
      Baroness

Hi, Sam!

Your name anniversary (2018) is the same year when I first started cross-dressing. Fascinating! I loved the year 2018. Thanks for sharing, girlfriend.

Hugs, Rev

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?