Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

All of us in the US have more than likely seen the news about the school shooting in Nashville, TN. It appears that the shooter was a transgender woman. Gun violence is a horrible thing, no matter who commits the offense.

My concern is for those of us who may end up being targets of the backlash by people looking for someone or something to take their anger out on. WWII saw Japanese internment camps, 911 saw attacks Muslims and Siks. You get the idea. Please be conscious of this when you go out in public and be extra careful. Let’s hope this tragedy doesn’t spawn even more.

Madeline

(Editors’ note – according to a police spokesperson, Hale “is a biological woman who, on a social media profile, used male pronouns”)

Anonymous

Of course, we can expect a backlash because the really horrible people in politics are doing all they can to stoke blind anger. Put into a larger context, how does this single incident compare with all too many non-trans, heterosexual male mass killers?

Kim,

I see your point and agree. But, “they” are non-trans, heterosexual males, just like the majority of mass shooters. “They” aren’t going to target themselves. It’s when there is a clear label of something different that “they” go after “them“. This will put a stain on all of us. Many people don’t see a difference between transgender and crossdressers. They don’t care. They just want to vent their anger on someone. And “they” will feel justified so long as they blame others. We all need to be aware. Please be careful.

Madeline

Anonymous

There were very few attacks on the muslim community after 9/11.

In all the news media and acquaintances in my circle, none are seeing this latest shooting as anything more than a mental health issue. As in most all previous cases, someone close to the offender didn’t act on warning signs.

That Hale is trans is a curiosity, not a cause. Although depression is more common among the trans community, that’s still a mental health issue.

Don’t spread fear where none is warranted.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

This topic is all over every news source non stop, cable TV, internet, Twitter, etc.  24/7 in a non ending news cycle!

I sign on to CDH to relax and really did not expect to see it here too!

As far as being safe, that’s a given.  In today’s world, whether in drab or cross dressed, regardless of what is in the news at any given time, we should always be alert and thinking safety at all times.

Let’s get back to talking girl stuff, ok?

I was under the impression that we could share our feelings as crossdressers. My apologies for sharing my fears and concerns.

I thought we were here to discuss anything one of us is having a problem with and have no worry about condemnation.  It’s called support, encouragement and empathy.  If you do not care for Madeline’s topic, feel free to not bother reading it.  I would not chastise her for having posted it to begin with.  XO – Julia

While I totally understand the point many ladies have made about the CDH site being a place to go for girl talk and support (its what I love about this site), I do appreciate Madeline’s concern and congratulate her on raising the point for us to be vigilant.

Hugs all around to everyone. Stay safe and keep up the good fight for social acceptance of everyone in general and us ladies in particular.

J J
      Lady

I agree we have to be careful not to over generalized or create a backlash against a group, but I do think it reasonable to ask questions if being trans was a factor in the shooting.

I highly doubt it is a major factor, unless it was severe depression often seen with some trans people and or the negative response many politicians currently have to anything Iran’s.

Madeline, you and I have the same concerns. I think it is a bit short sighted to think something like this couldn’t spark extra hatred in some people on the lower end of the cognitive scale, especially since we seem to be on the most taboo list sometimes. I was out doing errands today wondering what would happen if someone identified me as transgender and wanted to vent their hate or anger against me. It is a real thing to think about, especially since I saw a headline Tucker Carlson had that said something to the effect of “are Transgenders at war with Christianity.” Funny how one incident can generate the mindset that everyone affiliated with a belief system or lifestyle can unite against anything. I refuse to hide in fear but it is something to think about.

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

for those of you who are concerned, the Managers’ Council is monitoring this post.

The content of the original post was not political, but expressing a concern for the well being of TGs in our world. Let’s keep it that way.

replies that “cross the line” are reported and dealt with.

If you are concerned about posts that tough on real world news topics, then you should probably not comment on them or thank them, because you will get notified every single time there is an update to the post.

It is quite fine to pass them up without thanks or comment.

I thank the members who take the time to use the reporting feature to let us know when a post or reply has gone awry…

BillieJay

Managing Ambassador.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?