Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Today is September 25 th.  It’s National One Hit Wonder Day!  For those who enjoy the one hit wonders of the soundtracks of their lives, “Happy Listening!”

Alice

Anonymous

Brandy, by Looking Glass

Hi Jillian,

Looking Glass charted another song from their second lp.  But Brandy was much more popular.

Alice

It was Jimmy Loves MaryAnn.

Alice

Anonymous

I just played it on YouTube. I don’t remember it at all. Sounds good though. 👍

Hi Jillian,

The song didn’t chart as high as Brandy and may have been a summer time release.  So likely didn’t get too much airplay.

Alice

Anonymous

I did not know that. I have fond memories of that song and that summer. Still brings a smile to my face.

Prudence
      Ambassador

Hi Alice, so many to choose from!  The Last song, by Edward Bear? Been more than 2 years, guess I should turn the light off now!   Hugs

Hi Alice!
      Being an 80s gal, I’ll offer two one hit wonders:
      Buffalo Gals by Malcolm McLaren and Election Day by Arcadia.
      Love and hugs, Stephanie 💖

Tar and Cement, by Verdelle Smith.

Afternoon Delight by Starland Vocal Band. I’ve used it a couple times for wedding ceremony recessional. Always gets a chuckle.

🎶🎵❤

Beth

Anonymous

Always gets a chuckle.

Thanks. It just got another one, Beth. I never registered the band name, but I thought I recognised the title as a chorus from a song in one of my pirated collections, and a quick youtube confims it. I like the harmonies on it, and finally payed a bit more attention to the lyrics …

Marti xxx

Hi Beth,

The censures had a fit with the song in the 70’s.  It was banned in several cities.

Alice

Saw the band live in 73 outdoors at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. Warm up band for Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

♩🎶🎵🎸

Beth

Anonymous

Hello Alice.

” No memory ”

by Scarlet Fantastic….who else???

Grace xx

Hi Grace,

Great selection!  Charted in 1987 – the sole release by the band.

Alice

Anonymous

Hi Alice,

“Uptown Top Ranking” by Jamaican teenagers Althea and Donna, a reggae / dancehall song which made it to UK No 1 in the late 70’s.

One hit wonders – makes you wonder, whatever happens to these people?

Marti xxx

Hi Marti,

Wasn’t there a tv show back in the 80’s about those artists?  Whatever happened to ….

Alice

You girls are not making the music threads easy for sure, and thank you for that.

“All The Young Dudes” (Mott The Hoople) were not “Kung Fu Fighting” with Carl Douglas, or everybody else.

The “Werewolves Of London” and Warren Zevon were usually “Dancing In The Moonlight” with Sherman Kelly.

“I Love The Nightlife” by Alicia Bridges usually led to a “Midnight At the Oasis” with Maria Muldaur.

So… “Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me.  Gotta turn it up louder, so my DJ told me.”

“Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me.  But at the end of my rainbow, lies a golden oldie.”

PaulaF

Hi Paula,

Enjoy those golden (and a bit dusty) oldies.  I’m recalling Maria Muldaur had another lp with  a single that chartEd in the Billboard 100.  Just might have to look it up.

Alice

Wow, is One Hit Wonder Day really a thing?

Dare I speak in broad daylight (or midnight as the case may be) of Men Without Hats? The Animals? The Toadies? Baz Luhrmann? Jesus Jones (yes I realize 2 hits but still)?

One Hit Wonder Twin powers activate!

Hi Val,

Yes, it is a real thing.  And it is celebrated on September 25 th.

Good one hit wonders you suggested.

Alice

Who remembers Tubthumping, by Chumbawamba , ‘I get knocked down but I  get up again, your never gonna keep me down’

❤️Bianca

luv 60s music most of all, even the most obscure one hit wonders;
      If You’re going to San Francisco Scott McKenzie
      Hello, Hello Sopwith Camel
      Eve of Destruction Barry McGuire
      The Eggplant That Ate Chicago Dr West’s Junkshow Band ( complete with kazoo solo) no, I’m not making that one up
      was going to include”Winchester Cathedral” but the New Vaudeville Band did have a followup 45 called” Peekaboo” which probably did not sell much

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I love the nightlife and dancing in the moonlight  but Stuck in the middle with you although I feel like I am A spirit in the sky, I’m Hooked on a feeling.  Me? Camouflage? Aww Shaddupa your face….

Anonymous

Turning  Japanese by the Vapors and the future so bright I gotta war shades, can’t remember the band but good tune.

Hi Heather,

Timbuk3’s “The Futures So Bright.”

Alice

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?