Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’ve been wearing my highest heels at home for the past two weeks. They’re great and I love them. I do have to wear ankle socks with them just because of the design (which still looks cute). Now that I have gotten confident walking in heels, I have started to wear some of my other shoes. Except for a pair of shoeties that have a similar almond shaped toe, all my other shoes don’t seem quite right. The length of them all seem perfect. Once I start walking in them, my feet slide down into the toes (they are all round toe because I don’t want to emphasize my long feet) and I kinda have to curl my toes so I can walk comfortably. I have thought that I might need to order narrow width because some size charts do put me in that range. I think some stockings would help too but some of my pumps are just so cute with bare feet. And open toes just aren’t an option. Do you think narrow widths might be a solution? Or is toes cramming as one’s feet slide down just part of being a girl?

Robin Snow
      Duchess

Hi Mika,

I’m sure others with far more experience with heels will chime in.  In my ever so limited experience I have found my feet slide down and bunch up in the toe box of my shoes.  This is a fairly common problem and there are plenty on videos on YouTube which addresses it.

A few things which worked for me are:

• Stuffing the to box with some foam
      • Put a metatarsal pad in the shoe
      • Try a gel style innersole

I’ve also heard spraying the bottom of your foot with hairspray will help keep it from sliding down.

Hope this helps.

Robin

Thanks, Robin. I’ll try the foam first and see how that goes and move on if necessary.

Mika

I think it is really a common issue.  I have a pair of black 4″ pumps that I wear often and for a good portion of the day.  My “work” heels even though I work from home.

I have “Guy” feet too, so my black pumps are rounded toe.  I notice the same thing after a while so I dont think it width.  I have other pointed toe shoes and its the same.  I’ve checked my length too and there’s no real gap at my ankle.

Never heard of the hairspray trick, but the foam or a pad might help.

Robyn 👠👠

Thanks, Robyn. That’s good to know. I definitely have some experimenting to do.

I sold shoes for many years in a full-service shoe store, including ladies heels.  This is a common problem, and I used to take a lot of pride in fixing problems, especially with ladies heels.  here is the issue:

All heels will be just the tiniest bit loose in the heel if they fit properly, especially when new.  If there isn’t just a bit of wiggle room in the heel, they are too small (too short to be more specific).  Yes, you’ll have to curl your toes to “grab” the shoe and hold it in place for a bit (my wife told me that the first time I wore 4″ heels out for a night).  It is likely not a width issue, by the way.  Narrow width shoes for ladies are REALLY narrow (depending on the brand).  You would need to have extraordinarily narrow men’s feet to fit properly in a woman’s narrow heel.

New dress heels (and pumps and flats for that matter) are just like new dress shoes for men.  They have a stiff sole that requires a break-in time.  If you buy new men’s dress shoes, especially with a leather sole, they will slip on your heel too before they break in.

The heel WILL stay up better once the shoes are broken in – they are not used to bending on every step.  Sometimes this will take A WHILE.  It won’t happen overnight, or over just one wearing.  After you spend a few days in the heels, they will mold to your feet and they’ll stay put.

The inside of the shoe is slick when it is new, due to new materials.  Wearing hose will make them more slippery.  Wear them around the house without hose or socks to break them in a bit, so they begin to flex normally with your feet (I know you are already doing this – wear a different pair every day for several hours).

After they break in, if they are still slipping enough to bug you, or if you feel your toes cramp to the front too much, you need to put a 1/2 foam pad in the front (go to Brown’s Shoe Fit.  They will just give you a couple), or cut a cheap white foam perforated insole from the drug store in half and put just the front side of it in.  The pad lays flat on the bottom inside the toe box and your toes/feet go on top – don’t bunch it up in the end.  This works THE BEST at keeping the toe box from feeling cramped.  I know it sounds crazy, but what that pad does is to keep your foot from going as far IN the shoe.  It adds just enough upward pressure that the shoe snugs up just above where your toe cleavage is, and holds your heel back in the shoe.  It also opens up a bit of room in the toe box for you to be able to wiggle your toes.  Now that it is getting a bit colder, this will make you feel much better.  Trust me on this…  I did it several times a day when I sold shoes.  It works, is simple, and once the shoes break in, you can probably take the pads out.

Using hairspray will damage the shoe… DO NOT DO THAT! (sorry Robin)  It’s not like sticking a swimsuit bottom to your butt in a fashion show, it’s a shoe.  Don’t put a pad in the upper rim of the heel either.  Looks like it would work, right?  Take up the space where the gap is, but don’t be tempted!  All it will do is give you blisters and your toes will still hurt – in fact, that heel-cup pad will push your toes further into the shoe, exasperating the problem.  That heel cup is already designed to grip your heel. Adding a pad will ruin it’s functionality in design.

The suggestion from Robin to use a metatarsal pad is actually a good one.  It does essentially the same thing as a foam pad, but isn’t quite as effective.  The bonus side of it however is that your metatarsal arch will feel good.  🙂  It depends on what you need most in your shoe.  A full insole will help the toes, but might shorten the height of the heel cup, causing you to get a blister on your achilles tendon.

Like you already said, try the pads.  Just make sure you use them correctly.  Report back after several wearings and let us know how it worked.

Wow. Professional advice! How perfect is this. I think I’ll keep working on breaking them in around the house first because I have really just been wearing the one pair with the highest heel the past couple weeks. I wore my lowest heel pumps yesterday, still had to curl my toes and had only the slightest gap in the heel once my feet slid into the toe box. By bedtime, I wasn’t curling nearly as much and they were already feeling better. So, for now, I’ll keep doing the break ins on them and then move on to the foam if needed. I can see the logic of the foam position you describe because I do have some room to spare room that keeps the toe box from really hugging my foot. And if I get a more snug fit, i can see how it would prevent the sliding into the end of the toe. Thanks, Philma!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?