Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So my goto brand of shimmer tights have changed and now the panty is too short and they don’t fit right.

Berkshire 4643 plus size shimmer tights 5x/6x used to fit me perfectly. Now they’re farmed out to China and they changed the style # to 4943. Now the panty is too short. I used to be able to pull them up over my ribcage, now I’m lucky to get past my bellybutton. I’ve been buying these tights for over 20 years and now they’re unwearable.

So I need help with suggestions. I like shiny, silky, soft, smooth tights or pantyhose. I prefer 30 denier or higher. Plus size, long panty rise. Please

Here are some I’ve tried and why they didn’t work.

Danskin… Plus size shimmer dance tights 4x. Super shiny, but not very smooth or slides (rubbing legs together) also the panty, while long enough, they don’t stay up without shapewear. Also, they’ve been out of stock since 2021.

Euroskins…. Shimmer Dance tights 4x. Fit is good. The legs and feet are wonderful on these. Smooth, shiny and slippery. The panty is the issue here, it’s too thin, getting ladders and holes in the rear area. Also, the panty is too short, needs shapewear to hold in place.

Body Wrappers….. Shimmer Dance tights 3x/4x. Fit is great. Legs and feet are shiny, but not as soft and slippery as I would like. Legs sag and need to be pulled up often. Panty comes up really high, but is thin.

I recently ordered
      Glamory 40 shine tights. Haven’t received them yet

Snag tights…. Just ordered. I do believe they’ll fit, but I fear they’re not shiny, soft or slippery.

Sorry for such a lengthy post.
      Any suggestions are appreciated,
      Tracy

The fact that you say tights tells me you are in the UK.
      I get most of mine from Primark or Tesco. Sainsbury are quite decent.
      TK MAXX always have a selection at sensible prices. Most packs have size guides on the back. It is hit and miss though with TK MAXX.
      M&S are good.
      I have not tried Snag yet, but I hear they are amazing.
      Give Cider a look. I’ve bought a few things off them lately and they seem OK. Decent prices and great delivery.

Cerys

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I’m in the U.S.
        I say tights because most pantyhose are too sheer. I prefer 40 denier or above, which usually puts me in tights.

Update…
        I received the Glamory Satin 40 shiny tights today.
        So, they fit really well, especially in the panty, thankfully. However, the fabric on the legs are not quite as smooth and slippery as I would like. But, at least I found some that actually fit so that’s a plus.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Check out Solidea Venere tights.  They check the shiny and slippery boxes for me.  They’re available in large sizes that fit my big girl bod and rise up to my bra.  They’re also very durable.  Only con is they’re pricey.

/EA

Thanks for the suggestion. I was going to order from them, but for me the shipping is really high. $23.00 for 2 items. I might still order, they seem to check the right boxes.

I’ll update here once I decide

Thanks again

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

That’s a lot!  I sometimes order from Legluxe in the US.  Prices are a bit higher but shipping is reasonable….maybe free.  The UK stores tend to be cheaper and some have reasonable shipping, but it obviously takes longer.  I wouldn’t buy direct from Solidea.  That’s always been the most expensive option.

Harriette
            Lady

I am expecting a dress from “Roman” to be delivered soon from the UK. International shipping was quite reasonable (something like 5 UKP?) compared to what it could be.

Yeah, I found legluxe. I mock ordered from them and solidea and found it was still cheaper even with the high shipping cost to get directly from Solidea.

I ordered 3 different styles, one venere, but the sizing I was unsure about that particular style, so I ordered 2 more styles. One under their curvy section and one that was guaranteed to fit anyone and only needed a height on the size chart.

Thanks again for the suggestion. Wish me luck on them fitting.

Emily Alt
            Managing Ambassador

Thanks for the buying info.  I guess I was mistaken.  I’ll check them again when it comes time to order more.

I want to personally thank you. I ordered the Venere 70 tights to try out.
        They are absolutely wonderful! They’re exactly what I was looking for. Had I known about them earlier I would have left all the other tights alone.

Thanks again, you knew exactly what I was searching for.

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

Aren’t they?  OMG I love Solidea hosiery! I almost never buy anything else since I discovered them.

Glad I was able to help!

/EA

Harriette
      Lady

While a bit basic on colours, check out Sheertex products. They have a 90 day guarantee and they have frequent sales, too.

Recently, I saw some colours listed for their pantyhose line. I have no idea what they are like, but they still should last.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve ordered from Sheertex. They are very durable as they advertise. They fit well, however, the tights aren’t very soft, shiny or slick.

Harriette
          Lady

Yeah, they need to work on that, but I don’t know all of the restrictions caused by their unique materials. Consider them to be workhorses.

On the other hand, I recently saw that they had colours! Surprise, surprise!

Talk to them about what YOU want. I did.

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual

Check out The Tight Spot, free shipping from UK and awesome selection.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve ordered from Tight Spot. That’s how I received the Glamory Satin 40 tights. But I bought them out of stock.

Sherri Cisneros
      Baroness

Try EBay. It is a good place to find discontinued items and stock up!

Have you tried SHEIN? They have sheer tights/leggings and pantyhose of all types in plus sizes.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?