Tagged: ,

• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I need help as clothes shopping is always problematic for me 🙁

So i recently checked out an ad for a dress at Shein (online) and now I am flooded with Shein ads.

Their clothes look GREAT but are so ridiculously inexpensive they can’t possible be nice in real life.  Can they?!?!  Like, they have super hot, super sexy dresses for under 10$…..Whaaaatttttt?!?!?

Has anyone shopped with Shein before and able to share their experiences?  Is this a case of it being too good to be true, which I am betting it is.  You get what you pay for, right girls?

Thanks

xxxx

Jenny

Glory
      Lady

Sorry never tried or seen them where are they from USA or China? Lot of the online China stuff is about OK but hit and miss and usually takes for ever to get to you. Most are fine if your happy to Chuck 50% out 🤷‍♀️

Anonymous

Hi, I have not bought anything from them but they have such gorgeous and sexy nighties I am really tempted. I will watch this space and see what the other girls say. x

ok so I just ordered a trashy, but what appears to be a fun and sexy hem dress.  all for the low low price of 18$!

as I said, it’s kinda trashy and well, slutty but looks like it will be super fun to wear! we shall see 🙂

There are a bunch of web sites that all look very similar with many of the same styles (ROMWE, Berrylook, etc.). I’m guessing that they may be different outlets for the same company. I’ve bought a couple of things from one of the sites. I seems to be OK so far; not great but OK.

The sizing is usually VERY inconsistent. What is an XL for one item has different measurement for another and they are undersized compared to US measurements. I find the sites frustrating as some dresses and shoes that I liked were not offered in my size. I think I will probably just stop looking at them altogether…

A while back I bought a bra from one of the sites (can’t remember which one). It didn’t take long to arrive and it fit as stated. For some reason they sent an extender with it in the same color. I don’t have a need for the extender, but the odd thing is that the hook spacing on the extender doesn’t match the spacing on the bra.

Very curious…

Hi Jenny,

I am not familiar with Shein but I would love to hear your feedback when you get that sexy dress.

I may have to try them.

Patty

oh my gosh Jenny,
        Their close are so cute and the prices are incredible.
        I hope its not too good to be true.

Patty

Anonymous

Jenny,  I’ve bought tops, sweaters, dresses, shoes and jewelry from Shein.  As previously posted, sizing does seem to be inconsistent.  Some of the blouses I’ve orders are very nice.   Some tend not fit in the right places.  But overall, I’m happy with their products and shipping time (ships from Florida).  Just be carefull on sizing.  I just received a satin blouse that fits perfectly and feels so nice, lovin’ it.  I also get inundated with their ads.  They all go to spam except for the order verifications and shipping info.

Hope this helps, Jenny

Lynda

Alysha
      Lady

Hi, checked out this site. They do have very eye catchy clothing but for me being 70+ but feeling like mid 50’s still seems to be styled for the younger girl.

lov

I’ve purchased a ton of girl’s stuff from Romwe and some guy’s shirts from DressLilly. The quality is acceptable. No one would mistake the fabrics used for heavy duty, although the denim and corduroy stuff was pretty much normal weight. Go by the numbers, but be willing to accept the occasional misfire. I picked up a super cute white blouse from DressLilly that “by the numbers” was sized right for me, but, when I got it it had this band around the waist that had it been elastic no problem, but it wasn’t, so would not fit over my shoulders. Pity. Without the band they would have fit fine. And examine the photos carefully to avoid surprises. I picked up a pair of overshorts – super cute! – and when I got them they didn’t have hardware to fasten the shoulder straps. I looked at the photo on the site, and then noticed that they just tie the ends of the straps together. Oh. Not cute. I worked something out with $5 metal clasps, but, still. I would have picked something else if I would have been.

But overall some nice stuff. Some denim and corduroy pinafore dresses, couple nightgowns, sweatshirts (especially like the “Strange Girl” one! Giggle 🙂 ) …

Dee

Sutekina
      Lady

Check this site (I hope URLs are ok in forums):

https://www.advisoryhq.com/

They rate online shopping sites and have a fantastic format. They look at BBB, other store ratings, reviewers, business history, and come up with their own summary.

For Shein and Dresslily, they rate them poorly as sellers.

I personally recommend aliexpress.com. Of all my purchases, maybe 5% have an odd fitting but wearable. Customer service is decent and prices are unbeatable…except for shoes. Below average prices for shoes, but shipping often kills it. They have two major major sales per year where their stuff is discounted steeply and often come with free shipping.

Shopping experience on the site is decent. They have a lot of stuff and it can be challenging to navigate. Also, there’s shipping options (for speed), but I didn’t see that link for about a year. It wasn’t hidden, but I’m not a random clicker either.

As for business format. This company is no different from Shein or Dresslily or other discounted clothing websites. They operate like Amazon Marketplace. These are sellers from literally all over the world. This is why customer service is often very poor or non-existent. It’s hard for them to control various aspects of the sale, including sizing and quality control. What sets aliexpress apart from them is that the majority of their products are shipped from China or USA. The sizing is more standard but can still be off sometimes. I have found sellers very responsive when I have complaints or questions. To me, that says they care about their reputation on that site and aliexpress probably has set up standards that merchants must meet to stay on as a seller.

If you are in USA, I have found zulily to be great for shoes. Their products are often overpriced, but once in a while you find fantastic deals. Most of my thigh high heeled boots were under US$20. A caution for this site: while they do not advertise themselves as such, I think they operate similarly to hanes.com. Some of their products are factory rejects. I bought one pair of thigh high velour boots but the velour fabric was sewn in opposite directions for each boot. It looked like I had two different shades of grey on one pair of boots. Their customer service, however, is great and they offer free replacements or credit back for a future purchase. I’ve never had to return anything.

Majority of my shoes comes from aliexpress and zulily.

Su

Anonymous

I have just placed an order, I will let you know how the clothes are when I haver tried them…xx

Hi girls did you get your order from shine yet I am curious about the quality and fit of the cloths you purchased.

Patty

I’ve ordered from Shein a few times because the prices are very low.  The quality is good to so-so.  It does let you try things without worrying about the price.  So now I think I have 10 dresses from them and a few skirts.  The lingerie is ok but low quality.  I did get a sexy lace body suit that I love to wear.

Hi Jenny,

Haven’t shopped at any of these sites, but will give it a look!  I’ve become a much more picky online shopper, but have found if I’m careful I get some nice stuff.  And since I don’t wear much too often (sad face) the lower quality is OK.

Anonymous

Hi

Just got my Shein delivery, will post some photos later…xxx

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?