Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello Everyone,

I’m looking for ideas for shoes. I’m not a high heel type of girl (at least not yet). I’m looking for something comfy that isn’t a tennis shoe that would go with a dress or jeans. As my first time purchasing women’s shoe I would like to keep in simple and inexpensive.

Also, how does one workout their shoe size in women’s shoe sizes? I measured my foot and it is 10.5 inches with the widest part of my foot being 4 inches across. Looking at all of my man shoes, I see that I wear anything from a 9.5 to a 10 in a men’s shoe.

Cheers!

Margo

Hi Margo,

How about a low heel, also called a kitten heel? Mules or sandals with a low heel or a block heel, could work nicely with a dress or jeans in the summer.

There are all sorts of conversion charts available online for shoe sizes. Best thing is to get an accurate measurement of your largest foot. Sounds like you have done that.

Nothing beats trying on shoes in person. You could probably find something at a store like DSW which carries up to women’s size 13.

– Robyn

I have found going up two sizes from my male shoes works for me when buying my heels.

The shoe stores are flooded with simple flats and some are even cute. DSW has great selections at reasonable prices.

Paula

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I think most charts will suggest that women’s sizes are about 1size bigger than men. I had some pretty good luck ordering from Belk. Prices are moderate for basic shoes.
      You look thru the forums, as there are many past discussions on this issue. A lot of good advice there.

Anonymous

You’re lucky. You’ll wear a ladies size 11 to 12. That means you can find shoes at most places. It tough when you wear a ladies 14 to 15. 😞 a wedge or a Kitten heel is a good start. Amazon is always a good place. If they don’t fix exchange em.

Anonymous

Most men’s shoes are D-width; most women’s shoes B-width. I would guess you to be 11 Wide or 12 Regular in most ladies’ shoes. If possible, shop in-person until you know, and a good place is Shoe Show. DSW may also have some. I’m a 13 W, and I mostly wear ballet flats or wedgies; they go with most outfits. And if you search, you can probably find some boots or ankle boots to fit you.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

Anonymous

Hi Ladies, thanks for all of the great shoe advice. I’m still searching but all of this information is very helpful. Sorry for the slow reply, Margo hasn’t been able to surface for a while.

Have a great day!

Margo

Pumped
      Lady

I generally wear a size 9 in men’s. but once in  while an 8-1/2. I have a pretty large collection of womeen’s and they are all size 10. I do have a few that are too small that I should part with, but I have found that well known USA brands a size 10 fits me well. The sizes that don’t fit are odd, “no name” brands from China.

If you wear a 9-1/2 to 10 in men’s I would say 11 to 12 will fit. As for style, perhaps a lower wedge sandal, or there are many low heeled dress shoes  with a broad heel.

Trying to buy shoes for someone else is difficult! What you like,  I probably won’t! There are many online shoe stores that will do free returns, Zappos, Amazon and others. Buy, try and return, as long as they are in new condition.

Lot of good options mentioned already. I would caution you about kitten heels – if you have weak ankles or not comfortable yet in any kind of heel and just want the feel, I would recommend some nice wedge sandals. There are several options out there that I love where the straps crossing the top of the foot are elastic and they hug the foot well. A wedge means you won’t sink in grass and they feel very stable compared to stilettos. If you happen to find some like I described then I would make sure the strap over the toes is NOT elastic… this type of build would almost certainly have you rolling an ankle. There aren’t many out there with elastic toe straps but I have seen them. If you have a DSW then maybe try going there. Usually in the back is the clearance section and the 11-12 sizes would be usually in a corner. Easier to try on in drab there as most won’t be able to see you as well if you’re not totally comfortable trying on in drab. If you are dressed then more power to you! Just try on several kinds before you buy. I say wedges first, then kitten heel, then a lower heel pump. Neither of the last two with a heel tap the size of a pencil eraser. Lol

good luck!

—Tiffany

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?